For many years, I have been dressing pretty flamboyantly with very large boobs, lots of makeup in bold colors, short skirts, 3-4" heels, etc. This was my vision of what dressing as a woman was all about. On the couple of occasions where I ventured out like that, I could feel myself attracting lots of attention wherever I went. I have now concluded that those days are over for me! I am 70 years old, 6'1, heavy and have size 14 feet, so passing as a woman is challenging enough without me purposely making it more difficult!

I have been going to Phoebe Cross Makeover Service in Atlanta for several years and, with her, I feel free to engage in "girl talk" about dressing, makeup, etc. We had this conversation recently and she suggested that if I were to dress age appropriately, I might find my CD experiences to be much more fun and rewarding. She suggested that I go to a large Mall and grab a seat on a bench in the Mall with a notepad in hand. I created a little checklist/survey of the women I saw who seemingly were about my age (say over 55). I checked off what they were wearing (Skirt, Dress, Jeans, Shorts, slacks, etc), their Hair (long, short, curly, straight, loose or tightly styled), their footwear (heels, flats, platforms, sandals, etc) legs (nylons or not), and makeup (bold, soft, none, a lot) and eyes (heavy mascara, shadow, etc).

I was astonished to learn that most women that I saw (more than 100 in a couple of hours), were wearing loose fitting tops with half sleeves, shorts or capris or jeans, sandals, flip flops or flats, no nylons, very light makeup, shorter greying hair loosely styled, very light eye treatment, lots of jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets) and natural nail color. For sure, there were a few that dressed in dresses and heels, etc, but almost 90% were wearing tops and pants of some sort. Very few were wearing skirts. It is Summer in Alabama, so it is very hot and that had something to do with the dress, I'm sure.

This has really changed my thinking about dressing to blend in and to be more comfortable in my feminine skin! Donna has now ventured out dressed in a peasant top, capri pants, and sandals and it has made such a difference in how I feel, how I am treated by SA's and how I feel that I'm viewed by women my age.

Dressing to blend in requires quite a change in thinking, should you decide to attempt it. Where I have become proficient and comfortable wearing 3" heels, I've about given them up (except for home, of course). I've toned down my makeup colors and application and learned that I can still appear somewhat feminine without bolder colors, and I replaced my very large silicone forms with those that fit nicely in a B cup bra. The results are quite good ( I wish I could share a photo, but, by agreement with my wife, I will not post Donna's pics on the Internet).

I would encourage any of you more mature girls out there to conduct your own survey near where you live! It costs nothing but a little of your time and I bet that you will find it most educational and interesting.