Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel for work

I've done this so many times I've lost count so here is a bit of fair warning. If you are the least bit popular and the group you are traveling with likes to be social, your evenings will not be yours to spend alone. As a rule when traveling with a group, the tendency is to party a bit and explore the town in the evenings and you will be generally expected to be a part of it. You might be able to take one night off claiming to be too tired or some other plausible excuse - just don't figure on being Shawna every evening because people do talk and someone is sure to make it their mission to find out what it is you are really up to. I pretty much reserve taking Rachel along for those business trips that are pretty much solo as I've found group trips just aren't worth the effort. Having said that, there is certainly nothing wrong with bringing some lingerie and nighties to sleep in.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Having spent far more years in the Corporate world than I care to remember, I was never a huge fan of all that "team-building", "cross-functional task force" and assorted other bonding/networking/@ss-kissing initiatives mindset so prevalent there, not to mention the various group-based activities which that typically fosters and which has become so ingrained in larger organizations in this day and age.

So, I say to you, shawna, given all that, and the fact that you are traveling with 12 other business associates, the odds of you having any semblance of "alone" time to engage in your crossdressing passion after your off-site working day is over range anywhere from "0" to nil.

There will likely be a boozy group dinner or some other similar activity planned every night - not only to placate all the extroverts in your group who cannot fathom the idea of suffering through some quiet time in a hotel room all by themselves - but also to keep on driving that relentless Corporate "team-building" agenda even during the off-hours that should really qualify as some personal time off to unwind and recharge.

Of course, you can always try to beg off, but that will only label you as standoff-ish, a loner, and not a team player. By default, that will then exclude you from the "inner circle" and considerably limit your eventual chances for advancement...
    I concur 100% as I've had a much similar experience in the corporate world.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

It was kind of hard to find alone time but I did manage to get some because I normally work third shift and I had to go switch to a first shift sleep schedule so after having a couple of drinks I went to my room and locked all the locks and also put the do not disturb sign up to make it look like I wanted peace to be able to get some sleep. I have some picture in the picture and video section of the form.

Jocelyn has it right....
    Otherwise it can be sooo embarrassing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The Mad Scientist
    I travel several times a year for business and vacation.

ALL the business trips I make sure I have 2-3 sets of my 'girl' clothes and on vacation - even more so.

My vacations are almost always to tropical destinations as I have a 'main vice' - diving and underwater photos and video.

Thinking about 'baggage allowance issues' trying to get your diving stuff, camera stuff, girl stuff, and a few boy things on a trip is a nightmare.

How did we go from 2 70 pound bags to 1 50 pound bag (if you are lucky) in less than a decade? I know -greed.