Thread: I Wish CDing was more like Ice Cream.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar

I Wish CDing was more like Ice Cream.

I realized toady after answering another "Cure" question I must seem a bit harsh on Cross-dressing. While I would take the cure every time, I really wouldn't mind something that would just lessen the whole urge thing. I wish it could become more like ice cream. I love ice cream as much as anyone but I have never felt an overbearing need to have ice cream. I can go months or even years without eating any ice cream. I can't remember the last time I had Ice cream just sitting in my freezer. I have never had to rush out in the middle of the night to Wal Mart to grab some ice cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles to satisfy and urge. But yet if I am out with friends and someone suggests ice cream, I get excited and say "Yay ice cream" eat it, enjoy it, then forget about it.

That's what I would want out of Cross-dressing something simple, spontaneous, enjoyable and without any feeling of need to do it again until some rare moment when it is brought up, like when a waitress is giving ice cream as a desert option.

"Y'all finish? Can I get you some coffee or desert"

"What do you have for desert?"

"Well we got pie: apple, cherry pecan. Pudding: chocolate and tapioca. And some cross-dressing."

"Ooh what kinds?"

"Well Hon we got French maid. that comes with fishnets and six inch black pumps."

"Classic"

"There's the pink little girl dress. that come with white tights, ruffled panties, and Mary Janes for shoes. And of coarse we got the LBD with black stocking and garters and a pair of black sling-backs."

"Breastforms?"

"We got B, C, and D."

"No double D"

"Sorry ,Sweetie, the elderly gentleman at the counter ordered the last pair."

Haha, cute! But now Im hungry for ice cream with sprinkles.

Banned Read only
    You have been here almost 3 years now. I am willing to bet that [like most everyone that waters here] you have succumbed to Forum Think.

"Progress" is NOT inevitable. Dressing or presenting "fully", informing the SO, realizing that you COULD be Trans and just might decide tomorrow to make the change are NOT simply the normal or inevitable path and/or POSSIBILITY.

Just because a pizza might be better [arguably] to most people with ton's of toppings, there is nothing wrong with a plain old cheese pizza.

You DO have a choice.

You ARE a "fuller" presenter than when you arrived here.

Aren't you?

So do I. Almost everyone eats ice cream.

RD - that is funny...

If only there were more like you AND it was contagious... I think I get your drift... well observed and put...

And Wild - firstly, I agree with you... and although that will be a minority perspective, you are right to remind everyone that 'progress' is neither inevitable nor is it determined by it simply being a majority perspective here...

And secondly, when are you going to update your avatar and stop being the avatar bad-girl of the forum...? Huh...?

We're having one of our rare heatwaves here right now (about two weeks of 25C+... I know, I know, but this is England, land of damp and cold, to which we are resistant...) and I have zero urge or compulsion to go anywhere near concealer, eyeliner, women's underwear... and definitely not a wig...

Maybe it's different where air-con is more widespread, but not here...

(Do I have to hand in my Union Card somewhere now...?)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    "Progress" is NOT inevitable. Dressing or presenting "fully", informing the SO, realizing that you COULD be Trans and just might decide tomorrow to make the change are NOT simply the normal or inevitable path and/or POSSIBILITY.
    No, but it's relative common for gender dysphoria, the underlying reason most people here CD, in my opinion, to progress some over time. The reasons for this are completely unclear, and can occur without the forum, but the forum likely reduces some people's inhibitions, which in some cases would sort of seem like "forum think." It's not really - we just tend to be really wigged out when we think we are the only person who feels a certain way, or does a certain thing. When we discover others share our tendencies, it tends to reduce our inhibitions.

And deciding you could be trans is far more frequent here than in the general population, I can assure you of that. (I've stopped counting how many people have told me "I'll NEVER transition! NEVAH!!!!", who, a year later, are writing transition blogs...)

To the people for whom this doesn't apply - congratulations. You are lucky. In general, I wouldn't wish being trans on a convicted terrorist.

Now I want to see a diner that offers Cross-dressing as an desert.

I would eat at this restaurant.

Thank you! I enjoyed that quite a bit. And strangely it aligns with quite a few of my thoughts of late.

Christen
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Progress is common but not inevitable. And there are many ways to progress besides moving towards transition. Someone who will never transition can progress in their appearance, fashion and makeup skills, mannerisms, voice, etc. This is about crossdressing, right?

I see from your avatar that you are a "non dressing" cross dresser. That is hard for me to relate. If you do not "dress" are you really a cross dresser? Wishing that CDing is more like icecream, I can relate to that. Let me have the triple scooper with wiped cream! Top that with a cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    I see from your avatar that you are a "non dressing" cross dresser. That is hard for me to relate. If you do not "dress" are you really a cross dresser? Wishing that CDing is more like icecream, I can relate to that. Let me have the triple scooper with wiped cream! Top that with a cherry.
    Sabrina.

I used to cross-dress. Then about 2 years ago come Oct. it got to a point where dressing was no longer satisfying, so I stopped. I still consider myself a cross-dresser because it's still on my mind and is still fun to fantasizes but down right depressing to practice.

I can see how one can be a non-dressing CDer. Such as if someone dressed in the past but current circumstances don't allow it, and the desire is still there. I have had a couple of extended periods of not dressing (in the Army, for one), but I still knew I was a crossdresser.

Gone to live my life
    Hi RD,

Funny anecdote and it did bring a smile to my face. However allow me to wax philosophical for a moment . . . Perhaps CDing is not really the act of having ice cream but the "thought of having ice cream. I love ice cream but I rarely have it. However, the thought of having ice cream is always in my mind (part of me sort to speak). It sits there waiting for me to pass a Baskin Robins or the freezer section of the supermarket and voila "Ben and Jerry". So when the urge takes me "which is not all that often" I have ice cream. So while I spend about 80 percent of my time "en boy" Isha is always present, lurking in the background and on those occasions (say 20 percent of the time) when she wants to visit the light, she does.

However, you might have something as it always seems I buy ice cream when I am "en femme".

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    So do I. Almost everyone eats ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    You DO have a choice.

You ARE a "fuller" presenter than when you arrived here.

Aren't you?
    I know that's why I choose to quit. Since the time of my first post on this forum I owned the most sets of women's clothing, lingerie, and shoes I ever had at one time and dressed as often as 4 or 5 times a week and now own no women's clothing and haven't dressed fully since Dec. and haven't worn an article of woman's clothing in several weeks I would say I am not a "fuller" presenter than when I arrived here.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    RD - that is funny...

If only there were more like you AND it was contagious... I think I get your drift... well observed and put...
    Thank you.

The Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Progress is common but not inevitable. And there are many ways to progress besides moving towards transition. Someone who will never transition can progress in their appearance, fashion and makeup skills, mannerisms, voice, etc. This is about crossdressing, right?
    Nicole - Well put.

I couldn't agree more. I DEFINATELY have parts I'd never trade or cut off . Way to useful.

For many (myself included) this perceived eventuality of transition just isn't a finish line I'd ever find worth crossing.
    Rather, I think we are on 'a voyage of exploration' with our current bodies largely intact.

5 years ago I lost 160 pounds (and have since kept it off) -believe it or not- and have found this very useful fitting into a much larger percent of female clothes (sz 12-14 vs 22-24 dresses and 3XL to L tops)

Since the weight loss, I do, however, wish I had a bit more going on in the chest area (yet still remain largely passable when in boy mode).
    I have worked with adhesive bras and forms and pads but just can't ever get the look I'm after - with what I have currently naturally have.
    I'd be happy if 'the girls' went back to their old natural size (but I guess you have to weigh (pardon the pun) the positives against the negatives with the loss of weight)

Aiee! If CD'ing were like ice cream, I'd weigh 200kg!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    After decades of denial and closeting myself, I am happy that my wardrobe and lingerie chest is today out in the open, easily accessed, and involves far less guilt than eating a tub of Ben and Jerry's...

Banned Read only
    If it was as simple as buying ice cream ! I now have the vision of the waitress bringing out the outfit or saying your order is in booth two !

I just reminds of the the baby changing facilities in washrooms, ( I was going to say toilets! ) you put the dirty baby in and pull the flap and a nice clean baby appears !!

Well it may not be dessert per se but it is "eye candy" , no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning