Thread: What's Wrong People? (lol)

What's Wrong People? (lol)

I tried my best to be grumpy yesterday. At the pet store I bought two 15 lb containers of kitty litter. The elder man at the check-out counter asked if I needed help taking the containers to my car. That old guy part of me I’m slowly dissolving tried to say “No thanks I can handle this myself” but a young man appeared with a cart and took the containers to the car for me. I opened the trunk and he put them inside. (Young man, I was once as strong as you!)

At the house I rent, a Samoan work crew has been building an addition for a month making all sorts of commotion. (I love Samoans but quiet they are not!). Just as I opened the my trunk to get the kitty litter, a large Samoan man came around the corner of the house and apologized for all the noise they had been making. As I smiled and said I didn’t mind, he lifted up the containers like they were 2 loaves of bread and took them to my door for me. All with no weird looks, no double takes – nothing but absolute politeness. But this is not surprising. In Samoan culture the fa’afafine are well respected. Our culture could learn a lot from the Samoans.

A little later as I sat watching TV someone knocked on my door. There was a time when I would have fled to my bedroom, pulled off my wig (ouch!) and put on some guy clothes all the while yelling “just a minute, just a minute!”. Well, those days are gone – good riddance. When I opened the door the mailman asked the location of another tenant. I gave him the directions, he smile and apologized for “bothering me.”

That evening I sat on a park bench by the beach watching the sun set. A man came by walking his little dog. When the dog stopped to smell my toes, as dogs like to do, I reached down to pet her. The man said “she misses her mother. That’s why she likes girls.” Oh my. It felt so nice to be a girl the little puppy dog liked.

So what’s up with all these people (and puppy dogs)? Why are they so nice? What’s wrong with them anyway? (lol)
    Last edited by Cheryl123; 07-26-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: additon

Sounds to me like you had a wonderful day , <3
    Mistybtm

Sound like Hawaiians are a lot friendlier than the rest of the country.

Sounds like a great day!

Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl123 View Post

In Samoan culture the fa’afafine are well respected. Our culture could learn a lot from the Samoans.

A man came by walking his little dog. When the dog stopped to smell my toes, as dogs like to do, I reached down to pet her. The man said “she misses her mother. That’s why she likes girls.” Oh my. It felt so nice to be a girl the little puppy dog liked.
    That was indeed a very nice compliment, and acknowledgment, both from the man and from the puppy.

Perhaps we could have a convention in Samoa, via a cruise?

Ineke

A day to remember but how it aught to be every day for
    all of us.

Thanks for sharing Cheryl................Hugs..........willow

Sounds like Hawaii is the place to be!

That's a great day.

I have been ma'amed at Home Depot even when I wear a plaid shirt, jeans, and hiking boots. A male customer even helped me load bags of sand and gravel into my truck. So I guess we don't pass very well as men anymore.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him