Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaved my chest and I'm still in the closet

My fiancé doesn't like that I shave my chest that much. She doesn't care if I shave everything else but misses the chest hair. I don't understand it.

Have always shaved my legs (cyclist). Started shaving chest hair when it turned grey (white). Wife always loved my chest hair, but once I shave it she remarked it looks better. "Not hairless I mean," she commented, "but without all that grey."

I was asked to keep my entire body shaved by my SO, she likes it smooth and soft. I used baby oil gel after each shower as well, amazing what a difference it has made on my skin. I get a little embarrassed when people notice but I just make up some excuse as to why I do it and then giggle inside. If they only knew
    trisha
    Trisha Simone

started shaving my chest 14 years ago. I eventually migrated south and shaved everything fun. Just last year I decided to test fate and shaved my legs just to see what the other half said. She was not enthused but i loved it. There’s nothing more sensual to be shaved oiled and being caressed by satin…wow is that amazing

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    My wife does not want me to shave my chest, arms and legs alright.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I'm not very hairy but I shave everything from head to toe

Hi Nicole -
    Maybe she will like the smooth look. I wax my back and chest, shave my legs and underarms, and trim my arm hair. Been waxing the back and chest for 8 years, told wife about it ahead of time and she said go for it. Shaved underarms for 5 years and she never said anything. Been shaving my legs for a little over a year and she never noticed until one of her girlfriends said something to me. Wife said that the less hair the better. She said if anyone asks about it just tell them that she doesn't like body hair. I'm still in the closet with my dressing. Good luck!!

Hi Nicole -
    Maybe she will like the smooth look. I wax my back and chest, shave my legs and underarms, and trim my arm hair. Been waxing the back and chest for 8 years, told wife about it ahead of time and she said go for it. Shaved underarms for 5 years and she never said anything. Been shaving my legs for a little over a year and she never noticed until one of her girlfriends said something to me. Wife said that the less hair the better. She said if anyone asks about it just tell them that she doesn't like body hair. I'm still in the closet with my dressing. Good luck!!

That's how I am justifying / getting away with it. It's really nice even in guy mode to be rid of the carpeting.

I'm just starting to dress, not out to anyone, and I was trying to come up with legitimate shaving excuses........this thread is full of great ones!
    Ash

I shave under arms and down below and heavily trim chest hair. Feels really nice for me. SO not complained, so need to decide where next. Bare skin just feels so nice to me.

Just keep the hair off and say it hasn't grown back.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I shave everything at this point. Friends and coworkers may think I'm "weird" or "out there" or "gay" or something, but at this point in my life I no longer give a hoot.

Yeah. I just fully shaved, minus the arms, a couple months ago for the first time ever. Chest, legs, underarms, facial hair. I'm still in the closet, as of now, at least. I figure I'll keep myself shaved while I work on the other things I need to get out of the closet. I've kept myself shaved since deciding to finally shave all my hair off. I just do it in the shower. Now, I don't even like the feel of my skin when hair starts coming out again. I found I like being smooth. Wish I would have done it years ago, but ain't that the truth for everything.

I started a thread like this today and it was thrown out by the forum police!
    But since this one made glory I think I will indulge.
    I am new here and want to do a lot of manscaping and the chest I first on the list. Shave or wax?
    As for the SO I don't think she has a say as its my old and turning grey hair on the chest and ab area that needs to be gone. 10 years from now it will leave on its on so what's the difference.
    Just rid of it and if she ain't to happy it will grow back. That's my new approach

Nicole,
    I am as well still in the closet. My wife and I both agreed for the time being that we keep my dressing indoors for now. I get to go outside with her on walks at night but mostly nothing public unless I am under dressing. The other day however she commented on how bad I looked with my chest hair while wearing a bra. So I asked her if I should shave and she said not that she was against it. But she took out the clippers and whacked it all off with a one blade. Afterwards she said that not only does it look much better but she likes the way it feels as well. "We should have done this years ago!"
    It was a bit weird at first especially at the gym the following Monday but it feels nice and I have to wear my bra or nipples get real sensitive. When I mentioned it to my wife she said "welcome to my world" I'm just happy that she is getting more supportive and I can underdress more.

@--}----

You shouldn't feel weird about having a hairless chest. I never had hair on my chest except for a few wispy bits around my nipples which I get rid of not least because they look ridiculous. Quite a few men are hairless in that area. No one ever commented about it.

Besides it's almost trendy now. There's a funny McDonalds commercial running on Irish TV. Four young guys sitting there. One asks the other what he was doing last night, Shaving his chest was the reply. The other guy reacts sarcastically 'Did you hear that? Barry shaves his chest. Why don't you wax it like the rest of us!' Here it is, that's a Dublin accent by the way.

http://vimeo.com/87101809

The voiceover says 'Being a man has changed' and indeed it has, shaving your chest is nothing remarkable at all. As for shaving you legs well that's different.

Reality Check
    I see a lot of posts here stating that people won't notice if you shave your legs, chest, armpits or whatever. I believe they notice, especially if you are very hairy one day and smooth the next, but they just don't say anything. Depending on how your circle of friends or co-workers operates, they may be silent or they may kid you about it to no end.

When I got my ears pierced, a friend made a big beal about it, pointing them out to everyone he could. That's OK, when his birthday came around, I made a big deal of giving him a (fake) gift certificate to the ear piercing place in the local mall.

Nicolesmyth, my fiancee does not like the fact that I shave my chest hair. She would play with it when we were in bed so I know she liked it. That being said, she understands why I shave it, but she still is not happy. I on the other hand always hated having body hair and I am glad its gone.

Aspiring Member
    I hate body hair keep all of it off from my eye brows down. Only had one person comment about it several years ago ignore the comment and went about my business.
    I don't have a spouse or steady lady friend to be concern about it.

Banned Read only
    Whenever anyone says something about your hairless body just start a little dance and sing, That's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh!
    Last edited by Jorja; 08-09-2014 at 12:40 PM.

The Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Just keep shaving and say "honey, there must have been something in that diet that killed my chest hair".

I shaved my chest, arms, legs, and the hair on my hands and toes. My wife didn't notice. so I placed my leg in her lap. She looked at me and said "What?"
    I took her hand and rubbed it over my leg, and she finally got it. The good news is she didn't mind. I started wearing shorts and short-sleeve shirts long before it grew back fully. Nobody said anything.
    I shaved in the fall/winter and let it grow back for summer.
    I have been shaving pits, back and junk for 7 years with my SO help and at her suggestion (gasp).

2-3 years ago it was time for the legs, first letting them grow back for summer in 2012, but last and this summer, I kept shaving but limit my short wearing when out.
    Several months ago it was the chest and honestly, the SO doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to shave any more.

I never hear complaints about how many razors we use, since we are cutting a lot more (and different texture) hairs.

I have a great supportive SO!