Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw this guy today...

Banned Read only

I saw this guy today...

and I am wondering if he was a "sistah" maybe?

Completely attired as a man. Jeans, a pullover shirt and run of the mill "deck shoes". Shaped like an average guy [if it matters any] maybe 5'10", 220#ish.

BUT he clearly had makeup on. Bright red lipstick. Arched brows. Long hair, possibly a wig. And he was carrying a purse.

Was he a CDer, and if so, where would he go or fit "under the umbrella"?

Very interesting. Perhaps a new species in the wild. Perhaps he didnt feel like putting femme clothes on, or his girl clothes were dirty? Anywho, havnt heard of anyone "dressing" in that manner. But none of us are in a position to judge his choice. Id say a CDer who cant afford nice femme stuff?

((Yeah, finally something I know a little about so I can bring what little wisdom I have.))

What you witness was an Androgynous person. Someone who is the combination of masculine and feminine and it is a very sexy thing. In my younger years this was a very popular thing especially with with counter culture groups. I have known many young men who wore make up, spent hours on their hair and clothing to look beautiful and still want to keep their masculine look.

Think of glam rock of the 1970's or the popularity of Bishōnen in mangas among females. Its an awesome look enjoyed by both males and females.
    Last edited by Megalic30; 07-26-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Right. Subculture circles were usually where I would see this kind of ascetic without anyone within those circles batting an eyelash. Common practice among goths, even when not accompanied by the usual attire, punks, and even occasionally seen among metalheads for the last three decades despite it's hyper masculinity.

Could have been a drag queen. Lots of gay men wear lipstick and carry purses while not being real CDers. You may have also seen a CDer pushing their own limits wearing the items that they are comfortable with.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 07-27-2014 at 04:43 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Why does he have to be a cder? There is a presenter on a shopping channel in the UK, who has lovely long hair, well manicured nails, wears a little makeup ok no lipstick, and dresses casually in what appears to be male clothes...and he is gay...so it could be that the person you saw is gay and that is the way they present themselves.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    Well, there did not seem to be any butterflies or flowers on his jeans and the pockets looked normal to me. Maybe they had butterflies or flowers that were just very small? No giant logos either. I guess it IS possible that they were female jeans.

Now does he qualify?

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, There's another possibility , It may have been a GG.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Untitled
    No he simply was a person, why label him just to fit your little niche?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I have to agree with Nigella, just a person going about his day, enjoying life,
    Good for him.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

A crossdresser on the way to get
    their Dry Cleaning ?

Or just got a pro makeover and on the way hlme to dress

Jean Ann

Genderqueer, non binary, androgynous, agendered, neutrois, are just a few terms describing what is now at least 10% of the transgender community and rapidly increasing. You can find thousands of photographs of (almost always) young men and women on tumblr who look like the person you saw. Just search under any of those terms on tumblr. We don't usually define ourselves as cross dressers because we are not trying to pass as another one of the binaries (male to female, female to male). There are a few of us on this board.

These groups of people are recognized as transgender and can actually receive medical hormone therapy or top surgery for gender dysphoria. Some commentators suggest there are 5 genders: male, female, male to female, female to male, and non binary. Sweden has adopted a gender neutral pronoun to be used on forms and documents for people like me (hen - a modified version of han and hon, or he and she) or by transgendered people who have transitioned or are transitioning but want to continue to identify as transgendered.

Genderqueer or non binary persons suffer more oppression and transphobia within and outside of the LGBT community than transgendered people who identify with the binaries. I don't but I am acutely aware of how younger genderqueer people are treated and of the phenomenal ignorance that surrounds the issue. I am treated with deference probably because of social cues other than my gender presentation, cues that have to do with age, height, class, tattoos etc.

You can find out much more about non binary people in wikipedia by searching for the terms or by the google.

I almost never go out without make up although it is usually more subtle than the person you saw. I sometimes wear clothes mostly associated with being a man, sometimes mostly associated with being a woman. I carry a purse. I have long hair which I usually wear half down and half in a bun which is a style that is either femme or samurai. I wear push up bras and fedoras. I am routinely misgendered by people who become quite embarrassed and apologetic when they look at me a second time.

Does this help, wild, in understanding the person you saw? Certainly the person could have been any of the categories other posters have suggested but I would, for obvious reasons, identify them as non binary. I would also point out that you can be non binary and gay, lesbian, bisexual or heterosexual. You can even call yourself a non binary woman or a non binary man (as long as you are not a genetic woman calling yourself a non binary woman or a genetic male calling yourself a non binary man), but this is because genderqueer folk argue that the terms man and woman do not refer to what's between your legs. We argue that these terms are social and cultural constructs that are useless for referencing sex.

Even in Tampa, wild, it's a brave new (and complicated) world!
    Last edited by devida; 07-27-2014 at 07:53 AM.

A drag Queen on the way to work

Jean Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    I have to agree with Nigella, just a person going about his day, enjoying life,
    Good for him.
    I have to agree with our Super Mod's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Just your average androgynous person.. the ones who will wear whatever clothes they like.. and might go for full make-up or just a subtle eyeliner.. might carry a purse or not.

If you go on YouTube or Instagram.. the places are so full of them with videos, tutorials, life vlogs, etc. .. one would think that this is the norm these days. Sadly though, it still isn't.. only in the bigger cities. They are actually doing a lot of good work in terms of the whole "wear what you want"-thing.. and this, I think, is a huge benefit for the rest of us.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

What ever the case
    These people both male and female , are making life better for all of us by increasing awareness
    Which brings us all freedom to be
    Ourselves !

I happen to be one of those guys who believe that you should be able to dress as you like as long as it is decent. I have worn makeup of some degree all my adult life because I like what it does for my appearance. I have been dressing in a mix of clothing that I like. All these thing without thinking about changing my gender identity. Should you have to put a lable on it?

Rhanda

Platinum Member
    The hair and make up would suggest that this person is making an effort to present at least a mixed gender identity. I'm not sure exactly where he(?) fits under the umbrella, is there a typology or hierarchy that I'm unaware of? However, he is apparently gender variant, transgendered.

Btw, I wore a women's jeans and tops in male mode for quite a while, even a touch of make up, before I finally decided I wasn't happy presenting androgynously...that I felt more comfortable presenting completely as a woman. Perhaps this person is feeling his/her way along that path too.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, he was certainly doing something I'd rather be doing than the boring conventional acceptable nonsense.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    I saw a guy like this in Tulsa, three months ago. He was waiting on me, my GFs T & V, and my good friends K & S. Now this waiter had beautiful arched brows, perfect lips - he was a really feminine gay man. And he went absolutely nuts over S, who is a very, very attractive man. (S has never bought his own drink in a gay bar!)

He actually followed S into the men's room, which was kinda creepy to be honest.

There were two things that would prove to be a disappointment to this guy though:
    1. S is straight. He likes GGs, end of story.
    2. S is a pre-op FtM trans man, so our waiter would've not liked his plumbing, I think.

I have no opinion on the guy you saw, wild, although yes, he may very well cross dress. We'll never know

WHY???? Does it matter...???

Seriously, if I ever went out trying to blend and do normal stuff the recurring thought that would freak me out more than anything is that I'd be 'trainspotted' by another open or closet 'CD twitcher'...

Isn't it great that people can just be themselves and not have folk pointing and wailing like the closing of 'Invasion of the Bodysnatchers'..? I think so...

(With apologies to proper trainspotters and twitchers alike...)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

He/she (we're not sure of pronouns are we?) was comfortable, and expressing themselves.
    Shame on you who are trying to pigeonhole a person who may well think what you do is weird

Banned Read only
    I'm sure the running shoes he had on were men's because they were NB which is the same brand I wear. But the yellow laces were certainly not standard issue.

Probably doesn't matter.

Does it?

Woah guys, im pretty sure WAH wasnt judging, pigeonholing, niche'ing or any of the other slings and arrows hurled her way. Its a legit question. Seems to me WAH was curious, why piss in her cherios about it?

Reality Check
    Maybe it was a large, ugly woman.

Maybe it was a guy trying to attract attention by acting differently.