Thread: Coming out to a friend

Coming out to a friend

So I have met a girl that I workout with and is pretty cool. I think I'm going to come out to her. I don't think I could simply say it to her, so one day when we meet up and go running I will expose it by "accident". I usually always wear a thong while running so after we do I will happen to be stretching out and reveal it while bending over and see what happens. Will keep you posted

Most likely she will raise an eyebrow but not say anything. You may have to up the ante.
    Id say a pitcher of margaritas and be straight up with her. Im also curious as to why you want her to know

Why not just tell her if you are want her to know - accidental exposure might be perceived as game playing

Platinum Member
    That(trying to show your thong) is a creepy way to come out. Why not have a straight forward conversation?
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There are thongs for men. "Accidentally" letting her see you're wearing a thong won't tell her anything.

Platinum Member
    Hi Erica, She may just turn and run the other way.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Who is She Can she be trusted?

You didn't say what the relationship you have with her, do you work with her are real good friends outside of work. When you say hey guess what I dress, you need to pretty much plan it out and understand the risk you take, Can you stand being outed if she not comfortable and tells someone, then again only you can evauluate what type of person she is and are you just looking for acceptance or just the need to tell someone (Which we all needed or need that sometime) it gives you a feeling that you are more normal than you think you are. So Think it out, hope she returns witha good response. Jenn

Silver Member
    It is best to "slow down" and get to know her true feelings about CD's, TG's, etc. before you open up to her about your feminine side. Begin by asking her how she feels about Cders - in general, and take it from there. Not everyone is accepting/understanding of another's life style. Enjoy.

As ptp009 pointed out, it sounds like you are not confident enough in her reaction to just *tell* her.

The *best* thing would be to just come out and tell her (Margaritas optional, but it might help). If she is a real friend, it won't matter. If it does matter to her, then there was a latent incompatibility to begin with that you just didn't see.

Friends should be just that, friends. What you wear or how you present should mean little, if anything.

These last few years I have been wearing more 'girly' stuff to my regular bi-weekly board gaming sessions. Guys I have known for 30+ years. So I show up in nail polish & mascara.. I get gentle, friendly jibes.. but I'm *accepted*. The last few times they came over to my house, I was in a skirt, and not a word was said.

Friends are friends. The rest is details.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I second Chari's advice...believe me go slow

I agree the "accidental" thong reveal is a little creepy. I also think the "how do you feel about crossdressers?" approach is pretty much a dead giveaway -- I mean, she'd have to be a complete dolt not to put two and two together. Better to wait for a more indirect opportunity to raise the subject, or if you already feel you trust her enough, pick a good time and shoot straight with her, but do it in such a way that she isn't pressured to make a judgment call on the spot.

Creepy...it's only a short step from exhibitionism! Try a more modest approach...talk to her. Radical, I know, but it just might work.

There's an old saying.....something about the best laid plans..............