Thread: I might have been spotted

Wendy

I might have been spotted

Hi,

I did something stupid recently. It was hot and I wanted to take a walk in a summer dress. As I'm in the closet I don't shave my body and normally wear long sleeves or a sweater and tights. I decided to just wear the summer dress, exposing my body hair, and walk at a hiking trail not too far from me as it's usually empty during the day, but I didn't mind if a few people saw me. I did wear a large outdoor hat and sunglasses.

As I returned to my car, some cyclists were arriving and getting ready for a ride. I might know one of them, a former coworker. When I realized that, I just avoided looking towards him and walked back to my car, and tried to leave quickly. As I turned my car around, he was clearly looking at me. He doesn't know what car I drive.

So if it wasn't him, no worries. If it was him, I may run into him again, at a reunion of former coworkers or possibly on the street as he doesn't live far. Or he may tell a mutual acquaintance that he saw me, and I could hear it from them. Given my hat and sunglasses, he may or may not have recognized me.

Sorry to babble. My question is, if he does eventually bring it up, how should I respond? I figure I can just try to deny it was me and hope he believes me. Otherwise I was thinking about coming up with some story I could tell him my wife and I have started daring each other to do embarrassing things as it gives us a rush. I really don't want to tell him I'm a crossdresser.

Suggestions? Thanks.

More than likely he didn't notice you with shades and a hat on. He probably could care less as he was probably more concerned with enjoying his ride. If he isn't a deuche and a forward thinking fellow he probably will keep it to himself if he knows it was you. He might would ask you in private if he saw you or he might just keep it to himself. If he does ask and he is a decent fellow I'd say be open about it. You'd be surprised at how many people really don't care. Heck most of my neighbors see me all the time but none have ever questioned. I'm usually outside doing yard work or getting ready to leave the house to go shopping or out to dinner, bar, club etc in girl mode. I'm sure they see a lot . If they ever cared to ask I would tell them without taking a breath.

One of my best friends who is the BIGGEST ARSE I know didn't bat an eye when I told him I wanted to be a girl. He still doesn't understand it or doesn't want to see my girl side which is cool but he's happy for me if it makes me happy and in general I have found most people are about this situation.

Good Luck!

Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Wendy
    Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention that he is a deuche, which is part of my concern.

Well that's a tough one Alison...I suggest buying the mind zapper off of ebay they used in Men In Black lol. If he is a deuche....hmmm come up with a really good lie. I like the one you suggested. Or just be straight up with him, treat it like its no big deal and wish for the best is all I know of. It's a bad situation and hope that I never run into any A holes that aren't friends that I know.....good luck girl! I hope some one else can chime in with better advice.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

No Worries

Hell-o Allison, If he has no idea of what car you drive, and no idea that you CD. I find it hard to believe that he would have recognized you. If it's a rare chance that he and you might be in the same place anytime soon, I wouldn't worry, if it does come up and your not comfortable with him knowing the truth, you don't owe it to him to tell it.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter-accusations...

Lost bets and dares are good for the first time you get caught

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Don't worry about it. Most people feel it's just too awkward to mention it. And if someone does ever mention it just tell them it's a dynamite way to meet sexy women! Which is actually true.

If I were you and it does come up,I'd just deny it.How's he going to prove otherwise?You don't owe him an explanation anyway.

Platinum Member
    Don't bother making up stories. In the highly unlikely event that he asks if he saw you wearing a dress in the park, ask him if it matters.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Chances are pretty slim that he recognized you, but let's suppose he did, and let's suppose he asks you about it. Play it like this:

Him: "Was that you I saw at the park wearing a dress?"
    You: "What color dress?"
    Him: "Yellow, I think."
    You: "No, that wasn't me. My dresses are all pink."

And don't say another word. (He'll think you're making fun of him.)

Wendy
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Chances are pretty slim that he recognized you, but let's suppose he did, and let's suppose he asks you about it. Play it like this:

Him: "Was that you I saw at the park wearing a dress?"
    You: "What color dress?"
    Him: "Yellow, I think."
    You: "No, that wasn't me. My dresses are all pink."

And don't say another word. (He'll think you're making fun of him.)
    Perfect! Thanks everyone!

I would try the dare thing.
    The chips may be down anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you go down to the supermarket and interview the fish laying there and ask them how did you get caught?

They will answer " I failed to keep my mouth shut"

He has no reference sample, many men have hair so fine you have to be 18 " - 24 " away to see it, I made the same body hair mistake twenty years ago.

Further, it's not male custom to raise such things with others. One things for sure if he knows nothing or suspects, his confirmation will be self delivered.

Let it slide without comment

Banned Read only
    Quick, call in the CDCT (CD Coverup Team)! They will interrogate all parties involved to find out exactly what they saw. Once there is a clear picture they will initiate a cover up scheme to fool even the most demanding person.

Whatever you do don't show any weakness. Be brazen and don't say much. He probably wouldn't know how to broach the subject anyway. Perhaps he was just interested in the person in the dress and did not recognise you.

If he really noticed you, well how could he prove it? I recently learned that life was too short to be bothered by others. Just smile and wave girl, smile and wave
    Last edited by KaraK; 08-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    "Fashion is neither moral or immoral, but it is for rebuilding the morale" Karl Lagerfeld

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I would probably brazen it out and deny, deny, deny...but strangely, the older I get, the more I don't give a **** and the more I get tired of the secrecy...I might be tempted to just say, "okay, you caught me. it's who I am. do you have problem with that?"

Wendy
    You ladies are the best! Thanks for all the suggestions and for making me realize I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.