Thread: I'm a chick magnet!

I'm a chick magnet!

I must preface this post by saying I am not a chick magnet in the typical male (and kinda sexist) terminology. I've been married three times, and only had about three dates in my life. As a typical chick magnet, I am a complete loser.

Women seem to be attracted to me from a very young age in a totally non sexual way. I understood in high school why the girls felt safe, and unthreatened by me, cause I was widely known as 'the gay guy' in school. However, later in life, women just seemed to open up with me. They would NEVER go up to another guy at work and say 'I'm having a really painful period this month', or 'My boyfriend is such a jerk'. With me this was common place. Women invited me over just to chat, and some, asked me how they were dressed, of if their shoes went with their outfits. The girls at work would always celebrate a birthday with a cake. Guess who was the only male invited? This was all pre transition, and only a handful knew about my gender issues, or cross dressing.

Flash forward. Post transition. If the tables are all full at my coffee shop, chances are good a woman will ask to share my table, not the GG's next table over. In stores, they come out of the dressing room, and ask my opinion, not the SA's, who is six feet away. Women want to shop with me, and accept my opinions. I have way more GG friends than male. Women just spark up conversations with me, out of the blue, and they are likely to get personal very quickly.

Four possible explanations.
    They see that I am trans, or earlier, knew I would be, and are curious.
    I have an aura of friendliness and compassion.
    Sitting next to me makes them appear so much prettier.
    I'm way more effeminate, and always have been, than I ever knew.

Do women sense something about me? Have I always be feminine, even when presenting male? What woman asks a man 'Let's do lunch' then procedes to ask him if he thinks her husband is cheating, and gives the details, right down the smell of his...you can guess?

This has happened to me all my life. Anyone else?

Before I went on M2F HRT I was really a dud with the women. It's interesting that women have opened up with me since the HRT. Interesting that you noticed the change yourself. I wear men's clothes publicly and go with the name of John but have shoulder length hair and I wear lipstick and eye makeup. I also might add I have C cup breasts and hips. I also notice that I seem to have more genetic women as friends than the usual conventional male.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 07-28-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Platinum Member
    I say it's the aura.

I've been hit on by women...in my view remarkably attractive women....en femme, something that never happened in male mode. I've had many long, very personal conversations with GGs and more than one has told me I was just like one of the girls...which feels sorta validating.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't know exactly what it is, but there are some people out there that people will open up to out of the blue.

I have been one of those people that total strangers will walk up to and just start talking. I'm not just talking about small talk like , "How's the weather?" I'm talking about deep personal stuff.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have to go with the aura Paula.

I have found that I have been hit on more when out en femme than ever as a guy. had one GG look at me and say "I like you, you are pretty." At the same club, I had one GG ask to sit on my lap to talk about being trans ( so no aura there). At closing time she just grabbed my face and planted a full on kiss on me. Really not sure about that one.

Nothing even close to this in the previous 67 years. go figure

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Jamie View Post
    I don't know exactly what it is, but there are some people out there that people will open up to out of the blue.

I have been one of those people that total strangers will walk up to and just start talking. I'm not just talking about small talk like , "How's the weather?" I'm talking about deep personal stuff.
    I notice the same thing too - mostly women.

Johanna Anna

Yes, I forgot to mention that part, Johanna. Most of the time it is women, but I would say that probably 25% of the time I would have that happen with men as well.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.