Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Underdressing -- Wearing Women's Clothing Every Day While Presenting as a Male

Beyond Underdressing -- Wearing Women's Clothing Every Day While Presenting as a Male

Hi all,

I've been dressing for all my conscious life -- according to my mother I started as a toddler with my older sisters clothing. Every day I wear some article of women's clothing. I work in high tech, which is notoriously relaxed about dress code, but do a lot of customer interaction, so do have a few suits which I wear once a week. I've also a ton of dress shirts. I've underdressed for 20 years, and can't remember the last time I wore men's briefs or boxers. I've also only wear women's tank tops and camisoles as undershirts. Occasionally I will wear a bra for all-in-one bodysuit. My socks are all very light fabric trouser socks or anklets. All of my jeans and casual pants are womens. Most of my shoes are womens as well - Dansko, Keds, Clarks, Frye's. I also wear jewelry - solid gold bracelet, a few rings, earring, and necklace. My glasses are very androgynous, and allow me to present both as a man or a woman.

So, on any given work day I will be dressed predominately in women's clothing although presenting very much as a male. Today for instance, I am fully underdressed in light blue Fantasie Belle panties & bra, and blue Chico's Travelers Tank top, while wearing Not Your Daughter's Jean 's wide-leg denim trouser (http://www.zappos.com/nydj-greta-tro...me-dark-enzyme), knee-high Hue trouser socks, and Dansko Phoebe Clogs (http://www.zappos.com/dansko-phoebe-brown-pull-up). The only article of male clothing I'm wearing is a men's black Armani button down shirt, untucked.

My style is not overtly feminine, and no one has ever said anything other than a few comments about my clogs - although I do have planar fascistis (probably from wearing high heels on the weekends).

So, has anyone else reached this level of crossdressing? Am I deluding myself that people don't notice?

Thanks for listening,

Joanna

HI : I think you probably are unaware that people notice you . Its not so much what you wear (unless you are in a skirt and heels)

but more how you wear it . That is if you are confident, act professionally , competent at your job and pleasant , no one will say

anything about how you are dressed . Good you you honey.

Some people more than likely notice that certain articles of clothing you wear are feminine, but the big question is what is their opinion of it. Experimental, gender neutral and androgynous looks are becoming more and more common, so people are beginning to accept the look as part of the norm, and businesses are often adopting new standards for dress that are less gender based but still rigid in level of formality.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I am not QUITE to that level, but I do wear women's jeans and shorts almost daily. Normally they are very difficult to distinguish from male jeans, even the wife can't always tell. I don't always wear a bra but as long as I am alive, the only time I won't wear panties will be doctor visits.

Banned Read only
    Keep doing/wearing what you've been wearing every day, even if they notice it's fem they'll get use to seeing it and it'll become just the norm; now if all CD's would do what you're doing just imagine where CD acceptance in society would be today.

I'm pretty much at that level. My normal workwear is a male T-shirt, unembellished Glora Vanderbilt Amandas and women's athletic shoes. I never wear male underwear, but I don't wear a bra in male mode.

Away from work in male mode I usually wear a print V-neck tee and Capris or shorts, all from the women's section. My concession to maleness is that I don't wear bright colors unless it is a solid shirt and my shorts and Capris are khaki, blue, or olive. I carry a Timbuk2 mini messenger bag in beige nylon cloth.

Do people notice? I don't doubt it, but nothing I wear is exclusively femme like a skirt. I will occasionally get "ma'amed" by a random stranger but that doesn't bother me at all.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I dress a mixture of so called men's and so called female clothes though you really have to be a paid up member of the gender police to actually track this. So today I'm more butch than femme, wearing a cami top over a men's underarmor compression undershirt and some short shorts from, all all places, Wally Mart, over not much longer men's underarmor shorts and knee high compression/athletic orange socks with a cute military cap and obviously femme sunglasses, and NB running shoes. Did I get some looks? Yeah, one or two but mostly from guys who were clearly wondering if they could get away with short shorts.

As tammie says, it's all about confidence and presentation. You really don't actually care about what people think, do you? You just want to be comfortable and express a kind of non binary genderqueer identity. You don't need our validation any more than you need the validation of the random strangers you meet. You are who you are. You own it.

While I try for stealth mode at work, all of my jeans are women's sized as are my sneakers and most of my shoes. Trouser socks and panties are the norm and off work I do have some tops and shorts that are regularly worn.

People probably notice but don't say anything to your face.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I like what your doing but I would be noticed in the small town I live close to, now just about every day I wear something under dressed or my feminine shorts out on the rural area I live. I'm retired and can do that. If I wore the shorts to town every one in town would know in a few minutes. Working around the farms no one ever sees me.

Some people have likely noticed. Just because they don't make comments or have a bug eyed stare doesn't mean they notice. Doesn't mean they care either. Noticing and caring are not one in the same.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

same place as you Jocee - just got home from work - wore my black 5th Ave slacks from JCP, a tan pull over roll-tab blouse I got from Kohl's, black trouser socks with burnout daisies on them and my Payless "Believe" loafers (red racer-back bra and matching panty set under). All that and presenting totally as a guy...and the only comment I typically get (if I get one) is that I am always a nice dresser. I'm pretty sure people notice, but as has been said its how you present yourself allows you to "get away with it".

As an at-will / no-cause employee, I have to tow the line very closely. Yea, I'll wear Trotters and knee highs and the occasional undergarment but that's about it. Yep, the sneakers are all women's.... they just seem to fit better.

Out here in the conservative plain states, we don't even have gender identity rights.... be careful...

Renne.....

All my clothes are female. Been that way since I was 18. They aren't obviously female, unless you know what you are looking at.
    Yes some women see right away that something is female, but most people don't say anything, or else they just don't know or don't care.
    Either way, I couldn't care anyless, I'm wearing the clothes for me. I like them, so I wear them.
    It don't get any simpler than that.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by devida View Post
    You don't need our validation any more than you need the validation of the random strangers you meet. You are who you are. You own it.
    Thanks Everyone..... And you're right. I am who I am, and damn proud of it!

I too have underdressed for the last 10 years and wear only panties now. I don't feel comfortable in my line of work going any farther with my underdressing (uniform required).
    Outside of work it's 95% female clothing, jeans, slacks, socks, shoes (I too love my Clarks), t-shirts, tanks with the odd male item tossed in depending on situation. Even so I don't feel "dressed" and much prefer being able to don my wig (my hair is nothing to speak of or it would be long and lovely), add a touch of makeup and really be me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Same level here.
    Male shirt and tie at work, but everything else is fem-unisex.

When I'm in guy mode it's a guy's western shirt an girl jeans with a thong underneath an girl socks an athletic shoes ..
    Sarah Michelle Collins

Started HRT with Spirotone on 05/18/2013 an Estradiol Valerate Injections on 06/14/13 an Progesterone injections on 12/29/2014

I gave up male underwear about 4 years ago. Other than for work and formal times (still have that 1 suit) its all girls stuff. My male clothes are kept in the guest room. My outside wardrobe is male-looking/androgynous female clothes (polo's, collared shirts and blouses, t-shirts, capris, shorts, pants, shoes, etc.). Went shopping today in jean capris, women's V-neck T-shirt, sports bra, and sandals from Payless. If anyone noticed... not a peep.

Gold Member
    I wear panties 24/7 now for over 10 years. I wear a bra about 70% of the time now,
    I use to only wear one in the winter, but now I just go for it.
    I only wear fem jeans, through out all the guy jeans. I still have 2 suits for special
    occasions when I have to "Look" like a guy. But I still wear panties underneath.
    Rader

I wear woman's jeans exclusively and have never worn anything but femme undies for the last 20 years. I wear a bra and cami whenever it's cool enough to be presentable.

I have just started wearing panties everyday. I would love to wear a bra, but I like to wear my shirts tight and my wife isn't accepting of a bra yet. I say yet because she slowly seems to accept more and more as she sees how happy it makes me and then realizes it's hotter than she originally thought it would be on me. It's hard for me to do more than panties as I am in the military.

Joanna,
    I think people notice but they deal with the person within.

Be careful and considerate, help others and your popularity won't wane.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have no male casual clothing, so when I'm in casual male mode, it's with 100% female clothing. Jeans and a tee shirt look pretty much the same no matter which side of the aisle they come from.

I wear a mixture all the time now, and feel great about it. Good for you btw.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.