Thread: Brenda's Progress

Brenda's Progress

It's been a couple of months since I joined this group, and I have learned a lot, both about myself and about the community. I want to first thank all of you for making this such a warm, friendly place and for sharing the enormous diversity of backgrounds, experiences and points of view.

I have been taking to heart the advice from all of you to take things slowly with my SO, and I have. But I also have been making progress. She was aware of my penchant for wearing panties, but not much was discussed. Well, now that's changed! We had a very good conversation about my desire to wear panties and hose, and my uncertainty about what that meant beyond expressing a sensitive side of my person. She was very good and understanding and loving. She wanted to be reassured, of course, that I was not changing my interest in her specifically or my orientation in general. I reassured her of that in no uncertain terms, which I feel from the depths of my heart.

She said that she would support me in whatever I needed to feel good about myself, but that some things (like wearing a bra or outer-dressing in public) would be harder to adjust to. I don't have any desire to go there, but we'll see where things go from here. I'm not all the way out of the closet, but I feel like I have made huge progress by making small steps. I don't know what the destination is, but am confident that I will have my SO's support and love no matter what I decide. It will still take a lot of small steps for us both and a lot of communication.

Thanks again to everyone here. I would not be where I am without all of you.

Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Learning is always good. many years ago a psychologist i was seeing (believe it or not for something nowhere related to crossdressing) told me I should keep a journal and go back once in awhile and read it over. I have and it has helped me in many ways, one of which is acceptance of myself and how to be more sensitive to others. (sometimes I think he knew more about me than I ever told him) He was right in so many ways.

Banned Read only
    Brenda I'm glad you've found the forum as useful as I have. It helps you to get your head together and think your problems through with the help of others. I hope your relationship continues to improve with the support of your caring wife.

Good news, Brenda...

It's good knowing that all our collective ramblings and meanderings are able to provide the right type of support for someone who has the patience to read and understand what goes on here and draw on the experiences of others..

Good luck with your continuing progress!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Brenda,

I am so glad that you and your lovely wife are moving forward and from what I read you have taken the right approach . . . slow, steady and communicating. Bravo and well done.

Hugs

Isha

Glad to hear all is going so good. Yes you need to take it slow so she has time to adjust to where ever this leads you

Platinum Member
    Hi Brenda, The ball so to speak is in her court now just don't overwhelm her with this program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It does sound like a promising start

Thank you for posting your story of progress Brenda.
    I take some hope from it for myself, in a similar situation

willow

Thank you all. I can't express how much I appreciate you being here.

I also want to add that I am very grateful that the community here embraces everyone without imposing an ISO Standard in order to feel included as a cross-dresser.

Thats great news ..I am happy for you some of us here on this site will never get to be in your heals
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Very good read, and i'm very happy for you. Thank you for sharing

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Great supportive group here and always thoughtful as well..

Yes this is a great place, really made a big difference for me. I believe the main word you said was small steps, that's what I did, small steps at times I really don't believe how far I have become, and with a little patience you won't believe the road ahead.

Great to hear your news Brenda! Do you think your wife might want to be on this forum too?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Someday my wife might join the forum, but I'm not going to broach that too soon. I still need to take more small steps for both of us. I need to be sure that I don't get too far in front of her, and I still need to better understand what it is that I want and need.

I'm not at the finish line yet (if there is a finish line). I envy many of the others here who know what they want and have a supportive SO. I think my wife is supportive of me, but not necessarily enthusiastic about my desire to wear women's clothes. I'd love to be able to go shopping with her someday for girl clothes and makeup, but we're not close to that yet.

So far she knows I love to underdress. She knows I like to use women's scented soap and that I use a facial moisturizer. I need to explore how far I want to go with this. I think I would like to fully dress with makeup and wigs and so on like many here, although sometimes I'm not 100% sure. I'm just not certain yet how far I want or need to go. I can't even consider going out in public with outerwear until I'm comfortable with it at home and with my wife.

I'd like to propose to her at some point that we have a spa day and get facials, manis and pedis together. But I want to wait a bit to enable her to get used to this new aspect of me before dropping more on her. That's my next planned step in this journey.

Brenda,
    You have the right idea,
    Small steps and lots of communication.
    Let your wife read what is on this site if she is interested but if she does not want to take part just let it go.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I suspect things will go well for you if you go slowly. If you try something new, allow plenty of time for her to he used to the idea before trying something else new.