Thread: Ibs & hrt

Ibs & hrt

Hey all,

I have done a bunch of searching online about this and found a couple things but thought I would see if anyone else here has run into this.

Years ago I was diagnosed with ibs and basically told that it is something I will have to live with. I have managed very well and learned what foods really set me off and tried to stay away from them. Well I have been on hrt for nearly a year now and over the last couple months my ibs has really kicked into overdrive. So much so that it is nearly impossible to pin point what is setting me off.

So after a little research online I have found where there has been some research into crosssex hormones and ibs symptoms. So my question is do any of you have similar problems?

I have an appointment with my family doctor in a couple weeks to address this. I would love to talk to my endo about it but unfortunately he is suspended by the medical association for a couple months... ;(

Megan
    I'm outta here...

Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post

. I would love to talk to my endo about it but unfortunately he is suspended by the medical association for a couple months... ;(

Megan
    good god........and he is still your endo?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

For right now yes, until I find a new one if I decide to go that route. He was suspended for other issues (he runs a fertility clinic). I have been thinking about finding a new one and that is one of the issues I am speaking to my family doctor about in a couple weeks..

Megan
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 07-31-2014 at 05:51 AM. Reason: No need to quote preceding post

I have Crohns and IBS, my endo told me that he hadn't heard much of any MtF people with it taking them so I was told just to keep an eye on it.
    So far nothing changes in that regard, whenever I get bowel problems it's usually food or stress related.

What you can try (and what I should be doing) is making a food diary as well as a chart of your BMs and pain levels.
    Given enough times and samples this should accurately tell you what your triggers are.

OK, so what is IBS??

IBS = Irritable bowl syndrome

Megan

Spironolactone is a very effective diuretic, which makes it difficult to stay sufficiently hydrated. Chronic dehydration can easily lead to IBS-like symptoms so it's important to build a habit of drinking far more water than you're used to. Not tea, or coffee, or soda, but water.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

I guess I should clarify that I am not in spiro. My AA is suprefact, a nasal spray.

Erm.... Sorry but coffee and tea don't cause dehydration when taken in normal or moderate amounts. It's a bit of a myth like eating oranges for vitamin C, spinach for iron and carrots to see in the dark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had the exact opposite problem. IBS all but disappeared when I started h'mones. Dealt with IBS for 25+ years, not fun at all.

Hi

Megan,

can you tell me more about what you mean by crossex hormones . as that has to do with those of us who are menopauseal women , so im not sure how that relates,

Thank you.

...noeleena...

Noeleena,

What was implied by cross sex hormones is simply I was born male and am now taking female hormones... Hense crossex. It is just a term I found in the research papers...

And just a follow up to my original post. I stopped taking my pometrium about 2 weeks ago because I seen some of the side effects involved the digestive tract. I have not had a problem since stopping it. And leading up to that point it was a daily problem.

Megan..