Thread: Reading into everything as transgender/crossdressing

Reading into everything as transgender/crossdressing

Hi everyone,

It has occurred to me that over the course of my life, that even before I accepted myself as being transgender, and in my days as a closeted cross-dresser, that I would notice everything pertaining to being transgender, and that everything pertaining to being transgender followed me around.

1. I used to consult a psychic. As I would make transitions, say to a new job, and she would use the word transition, but subconsciously I was thinking of gender transition.

2. There is a street called Pass Ave in Burbank, and guess what I am thinking whenever I drive by it? Passing as in trying to pass as a woman....not passing a test, or a mountain pass, or a movie pass.

3. When I would do Google searches on reincarnation and zodiac, I remember transgender would always come up, and I remember reading an article about someone who had been dealt the "transgender card" in this life.

4. My co-worker would tell me about how he went to Cross fit to work out, but when he told me about Cross fit, the first thing I would be thinking is....guess what....cross dressing.

5. There is a street called Cahuenga. My first thought when seeing the street sign is the first three letters - CAH - which is an intersex condition.

6. When I went to Panera Bread, and ordered a "you pick two" combo, where you can order two half items. Let's say half Avocado salad, half mac and cheese. When ordering, I would be thinking "half man, half woman"

These are the ones I an think of. If I think of more I will post them.

For some strange reason, my mind is programmed to find the transgender or crossdressing related thing in everything I encounter in life. Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with crossdressing or being transgender. Has anyone else here experienced anything like this? If so, please feel free to write about your experiences.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    I used to consult a psychic. and
    <snip> For some strange reason, my mind is programmed to find the transgender or crossdressing related thing in everything I encounter in life. Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with crossdressing or being transgender. <snip>
    Like Joe McCarthy's hunt for communists, if you look for something, you're likely to find it, even if it isn't there. Hence all the conspiracy theories out there.

Regarding psychics, I often wonder. They seem to know everything except the next lottery numbers coming up. And they always ask for my name and credit card numbers, too. Shouldn't they know? Why do you think that is? I think the power to see things is in the money, because the more you give them, the more visions they have.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    No Michele. I do not find myself programmed. If you do feel programmed with searching for cross dressing coincidences constantly,and if it brings you discomfort or worry, maybe something else is going on. But most of what you described is awareness and coincidence. Hopefully it is enjoyable thought.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 07-31-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Platinum Member
    I suspect many of us have a touch of OCD...and we can fixate a bit, on things of interest. In your case perhaps it's a hyper awareness of oblique references to transgenderism
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sceptic about psychics but I guess they already know that.
    Michelle I can relate to what you are getting at in that sometimes we can CD the other meaning in things that we see (lol)
    Seriously though I think if you are truly passionate about something, as we are passionate about our femininity, you can easily search for mini triggers that unlock the some cryptic link. Our brains are very clever at creating associations to help keep focus on the things we love. I am not talking about crossdressing, necessarily. I love 351 Cleveland engines and the number of times I have looked at a clock at precisely 351 is freaky
    Cheers
    Amanda

Maybe the whole world is secretly transgender, but too deep in the closet to tell anybody about it.

Think about it! Have you ever seen the president's underwear?

Michelle dahling, you have a one track mind. I wonder what transportation your generation prefers… I still play CDs in my car!

Banned Read only
    Michelle during a conversation with my wife she said all I thought about was CDing, I replied it's all I try not to think about !!
    I don't relate as much to words used as much as people's actions. Only yesterday I was talking to a guy when walking the dog and a jogger appeared in the distance, when he saw us he put his top on, I said without thinking, " obviously he/she has something to hide !! " The guy gave me an odd look but said nothing !
    A while ago we shared a ski style gondola with another couple and I noticed the guy had tanned but hairless shaved legs, to me he had to be a CDer especially when I also noticed his well shaped eye brows !!
    I cant help looking for clues which may not be there but we all know there a lot of us out there !

The human mind is extremely good at playing tricks on our selfs I can only agree with others that say that you will find what you are looking for. This thread does remind me though that I maby should watch the movie "number 13" again, I really liked that one
    do not label me for i am unique

This, Michelle ma belle, is a psychological trick that can be used on purpose to supposedly make good things come to you, such as money making opportunities or a date. Its not that they actually come to you more often, it is that you notice things acutely and are ready for action when the time is at hand.

You know..................I find myself thinking some of the same. When I was young we were transvestites. I never liked that work. Then we became CD's. Now isn't that a mind twister. Are we all recoding artist's now?? Now I'm really going to throw a wrench into your thinking. How about being on a cruise doing a TRANS Atlantic CROSSing, or what happens when we're stuck at a railroad crossing. Do we become female after the train has passed????

I think that this is such a part of us all that we start equating random words to suit us personally. I know that I do.

I saw a building in the distance with some signage on it the other day. At first I was sure it said Crossdresser in big letters. A second look confirmed I was wrong.

Your mind needs a diversion. Why don't you listen to a CD or watch TV? Or turn on your trans-sister radio. Oops. Sorry.

Just before I read this post, I got a news update:

"IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas"

Then I went to check the weekend schedule for races in all series. The site is called "tvracer"

I think it is normal to see things or hear things (unless it's a little voice in your head) depending on your current thoughts or feelings. I love it when I get into an "association" state of mind. For me, it helps my creative side. I often do this related to the cross dressing topic but for a lot of other things as well. On a bit of a personal note, I am a fan of Halloween. Maybe due to how we can be anyone, without fear (unless your going for scary), on that night. I build my own props for Halloween, so when I'm in that frame of mind and thinking of Halloween, I see thing as they would work for my props. Ok enough insight on me. Don't want to hijack the thread. Just saying your not alone.

I understand what you are saying Hon but it's probably more wishful thinking than anything else. We tend to dwell on the things we want.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

And my favorite, a big sign on a white truck T-women and a truck.
    Actually "TWOMENANDATRUCK" .
    Just me I suppose.

Thank you lol i needed that today Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Your mind needs a diversion. Why don't you listen to a CD or watch TV? Or turn on your trans-sister radio. Oops. Sorry.
    Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Michelle,
    It never works for me.
    I try not to read into anything too much.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.