Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering

Just Wondering

As I grow older my desire to feel more femme seems to be becoming much stronger almost as if the woman in me is aching to show herself. I was wondering if this is something others have or are feeling?
    "To some shoes just cover the feet....but for me they show your style."

Hi Amanda, yes me too. I feel like I have been hiding this too long. And as I get older, I don't reely care what other may think and I am getting bolder about going out.
    Stephanie

Hi Amanda (that's a beautiful name by the way) In my post about which brain drives you I had this same thought in mind. I have an increased desire to be my feminine self more so now that I have fully accepted this side of me. My Amanda self has been repressed and hidden for so long and now that I am realising her potential almost exponentially. My female self is diametrically opposed to my male self. When in man mode I fondly think of my female side but my thinking is not influenced by it. As a female my thinking is decidedly female and I try to act as feminine as I know how. Funnily enough though it seems to come naturally, as if I have this innate nature to be this way.
    its taken awhile to accept that his who I am so now I go with the flow and don't freak out about it (as much anyway). I see and accept the people on this forum as their natural selves, you just cant make this s@#t up!
    So now I enjoy talking about it, sharing myself and hoping to help and make a small difference to those who are still discovering their femme selves
    Amanda (I think there are a few of us on this forum....who wants to start an Amanda Club? lol)
    X

Platinum Member
    I think it's a pretty common experience here and ties in to a couple of recent threads on the age of MtF beginning HRT. It's been my personal experience as well.perhaps as stated, repression, denial and confusion kept these feelings suppressed or perhaps a biological change, like lowering T stops elbowing out the latent feminine side. I suspect it's a little of both. If society had been different decades ago, I probably would have lived full time in my 20s...but who is to say. Anyway, I find I am comfortable with the revelation of my female self and have no desire to return to the shadows.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    It feels to me like finally giving up a battle of attrition.
    The older I got, the less energy I had to put into the battle, until finally ... one day, beaten and exhausted I just gave up and embraced it.
    I don't know that the desire is necessarily any stronger than it ever was, but my will to fight it has definitely fallen away.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Amanda, I think so too. I don't know if it declining due to T-levels, having more time to be me, or just what but this has been my experience. Steph, yes, nowadays I think less about what others think and am more open about being me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

In my case it's feeling like I've paid my dues. I've done everything I was supposed to do, now if I want to wear a dress, I'm just going to.

Oh yes, stronger each day

I definitely have been dressing more in my "golden" years! Having more time is a factor but an increased desire to dress is also present. I have also gone out much more. If I were single I probably would dess full-time.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I recently saw on Facebook "The older I get, the less I care about what people think, and the happier I am". Works for me.

Probably because you think about it more than you used to. It seems to be a progressive condition doesn't it?

Banned Read only
    Amanda63,
    I think the one fact that really floored since coming to the forum is the acceptance that CDing is for life ! Now in my sixties I really can't keep hiding behind closed doors and peering round curtains, I want to enjoy the feeling it gives me when I choose to do it, as Cynthia says I've paid my dues now I want some pay back. I don't think it's overly selfish to say this is my time !
    To answer your question I do desire to dress more perhaps not to be femme but more because it feels so good !

It is true for me as well. I like the explanation that a mature brain is less susceptible to being influenced by what others think.

Thank You all for your responses I felt this to be true, but it is very comforting to be reassured by my peers.
    "To some shoes just cover the feet....but for me they show your style."

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Now that I'm uunattached and retired, I have hardly anyone who's butt I have to kiss! Very cool state of being. I now do as I please, go where I like, and explain nothing. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I'd felt this way right out of high school. In the service industry, there's a lot of conforming that needs to be done.

True about the age, we care less about others opinions and start living our own lives,

But also at my kids school, it's now okay to be gay/Cd/TG or whatever, so maybe society is changing also, and us being out there in public, doing normal girl stuff, is helping push the change.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think this may be age but also time. The more we do the more we want to do. If that makes any sense.

For myself, I definitely go along with the age aspect. I'll be 40 next year. I have struggled with this all my life up until 3 years ago, and like others have said, I too, have paid my dues as well. I spent the better part of my life being someone/something that people expected of me and put everyone else's happiness ahead of mine. While I still care about and protect those I care about from intolerant fools, the moment my family flat out said "Why don't you just come clean about it ? Why hide it ?" That made it much easier for me. I don't care what people outside of my circle of friends thinks of me or what I do any longer. I will just be the best person I can be to others, take it or leave it I say !

I agree that a lot of the younger generation are becoming more tolerant about this life. Us older girls didn't have a lot of information about crossdressing or being transgender available to us. Just parents, family, and, peers drilling it in our heads growing up that this life is wrong, that boys are boys and girls are girls. Crossdressing =being gay or wanting to transition fully. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that at all. But even 20 years ago, a lot of us didn't know that there were a lot of grey areas in the transgender spectrum.

The youngins have the internet age to be able to research the information on their own, and seek out others who live this way as well. Maybe the parents, family, and peers think it's wrong. But with the internet and endless information on the subject, an individual can do their own research and form their own opinions about it, and, also become more tolerant/open minded.

O yea, for sure, as the kids are getting older I have more time. As my wife says "Maria still has to evolve". The feeling is always growing stronger and stronger, I don't know because now the kids are older and there's no soccer practice and driving the kids here and there, I feel I have more time to think about me now that includes Maria. I think it's normal, with age come change.

Absolutely! ...There are a lot of factors that prevent me from "exploring" this further, though.

Yes, I have been experiencing the same thing. The older I get the less I care about what other people think, but there are still things that hold me back in my exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Hi Amanda, yes me too... And as I get older, I am getting bolder about going out.
    . Stephanie, I am slowly realizing this as well. Mostly at night around the house but definitely getting bolder.

@---}------

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar
    I don't need to wonder.. I know. I think the internet seemed to help me kick things into gear. Even though my story is like many, for me it's been the last 10 years or so of my life. And at age 60, my only regret is that I didn't do more, earlier. But as they say..that's histotry!
    Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Ever wonder why so many of us seem to be in our 40s or 50s? I don't know what it is, but something happens to many of us around that age!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Ever wonder why so many of us seem to be in our 40s or 50s? I don't know what it is, but something happens to many of us around that age!
    Yes as pointed out. Seems to be True for me, why?? Age? hormones? social influences? social acceptance? Then again... I'm easily influenced in the opposite direction ;-)