Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you say Hi if you saw me?

Would you say Hi if you saw me?

Would you say hi if you saw me at the shops etc is a question about approachability when we are out dressed.

For me,
    if it's in your situation for you to say hi to me, I would like you to do so, maybe even a polite chat about the weather etc.
    If your with someone, then maybe a discrete smile my way would be nice (I get that from everyone else anyway).
    I love interacting with people

It seams we are often to afraid to say Hi to each other, with lots of excuses as to why we shouldn't, and that makes our life experiances less than they could have been

So I would like to know how many of you girls out there would be okay with a random person kindly saying hi to you?

And if your answer is yes - would you then be equally okay with approaching a Cder with a polite hello?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

You look pretty hot to me... so I suspect I would engage in a little harmless flirtation, as is my nature.
    Last edited by Cara Lacey; 08-01-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Cara

I would say hi and smile like I would to any stranger who crossed paths with me (I would not scream hi from a great distance)

I would be comfortable with someone coming and saying hi, or the smile of acknowledgement if they are with someone else. If I am comfortable about going enfemme in public I would expect there may be people out there that are perhaps a little curious and a smile, hello or hi may be the friendly approach to take. Would I make the same approach...perhaps but I consider each situation as it comes. If I got the feeling that the person wants to blend in and fly below the radar then 'No', but otherwise a smile and hi can be the easiest way to break the ice. So if you see me don't hesitate and say hi and chat. :-)

Banned Read only
    I have no problem being approached by strangers and it's obvious I am a CDer as I dress how I prefer and make no attempt to "pass" as a FEmale or blend in as one.

But as far as approaching another Human that "looks like" they are a female and saying Hi just because I think they could be a CDer? NO, simply because of the "many" ladies here who say they would feel insulted/busted/scared to death etc. Of course I am NEVER looking to see what females are wearing when I am out and about nor am I looking for "fellow" CDers.

There can be a multitude of reasons people might choose to dress "differently" than conventional wisdom dictates and to me they are simply clothes anyway.

I dont think I would be able to say hi to you, Miss Rachel, because I turn into a babbling idiot around gorgeous women. If you ever see me staring, and then walk into a wall... take that as my way of saying hi, okay?

Depends. Like you I go out dressed all the time. And when Im 'made' I dont care. If I did see you I would have to make jidgment call. Are youj receptivke of me noticing? Or do I just like your skirt?
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Hi,

Well if and when you come down here to Waimate south isl then i would treat you the same as i do to every one around here, or Timaru or maybe Oamaru . its more like myself saying hi to other people as youd soon find out if you are around me long enough ,

it should take 15 min,s to walk our road , okay , well some times it takes me 2 hours why because i talk to much and talk with those i know .........

Im well known and seen a lot and will be next Tusday 5 th for our Band Parade for the detail of

N Z,s first world War Centenary 100 years ago.beginning of the first World War,

...noeleena...

Hi there noeleena.

yes as i do no you that is you all the way and when i reed this i had a gess that is what you wood say so i think we are on the same plant or think a like the same way.

from amander .
    Last edited by amander-; 08-01-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: for got to sin of

Banned Read only
    Rachel I say hi to people whatever they choose to wear ! Dog walking is a great way of breaking the ice, I've talked to some lovely people, who on first impressions I probably wouldn't. Now I try not to judge the book by it's cover, I know my underdressing hasn't gone unnoticed but if you smile and say hello most people respond with like !

It's never happened before that someone from this forum, Reddit, Flickr or Facebook that I didn't already know came up to me and said hi.

But if you happen to see me.. come and say hi!

Now, for your question.. if you don't mind.. I will come up and say hi as well!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It would be pretty cool, I guess, to be approached by a polite person whilst I'm en femme, though I do not have a female voice.
    I'm a real extrovert normally; while in girl-mode I'm more introverted, solo anyways.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rachel,

I have grown quite comfortable being Isha in public and if someone says "hi" regardless of who they are I will smile and return the "hi". If they want to engage in conversation because they are curious, I will take the time to answer their questions (within reason). When I am out and about "en femme" if I make eye contact with someone I will normally smile and nod in "Howdy/Hi" manner. When it comes to fellow/sister CDers I will let the situation dictate if I smile or engage in conversation. If I feel the CDer is a first timer (deer caught in headlights look) I probably won't engage with a "hey" or "hi" more likely a friendly smile. I remember my first time and all I wanted to do was fly below the radar and not engage a soul regardless of how kind they were being. If the CDer seems confident in his/herself and makes solid eye contact I am more likely to engage with a "hi" and see if the conversation develops from there.

So if anyone happens to be up in Ottawa and sees me . . . don't hesitate to say hi but then again be careful what you wish for because I can be quite the chatty bat

Hugs

Isha

Our day to day persona I guess would look alot different than we do when we are dressed femme I know the difference between me and my femme is night and day and I believe im hardly recognisable dressed femme, but if the question is would I say Hi just cause you were dressed femme, probably not, would I be courteous and friendly yes, not sure why I would say hi if I didn't actually know you though.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, If I truly thought that you were a GG I would probably say hi , how are you doing today.
    If I wasn't sure that you weren't a GG I wouldn't want to embarrass you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I like to interact with other women while dressed. So a friendly smile and hello are nice. It's the only way to start a conversation which could be about the skirt I'm buying or perhaps the shoes she is wearing, my perfume, etc. With that said, I have been followed around the mall by a male and that is going too far. Don't know if he was security, another CD or someone with ill intent, but my attempt to lose the guy became my immediate goal. When dressed, I want the genuine female experience.
    SheriM

I've never been approached by another crossdresser, nor have I approached another. I'm not one to strike up conversations regardless. I go out a lot and I've been doing it for a long time. It'd be a rare day when I didn't have some small talk interaction with somebody. Within all those little interactions though, there are THREE that stand out. All three of those were initiated by women who recognized me to be a crossdresser. Those were the memorable ones. The best ones.

One was I was eating lunch at a mall restaurant. As this woman was leaving, she stopped at my table, bent down an whispered, "I just wanted to tell you, you look fabulous!" I knew I didn't look fabulous, and obviously I didn't pass. It was awesome. It meant a lot, and I'll never forget it.

Another was when I was in a Goodwill store that I frequented. A lady met me in the aisle and said, "Honey, I just wanted to say that you are so beautiful." That one brought a little tear to my eye. I was not in a good place, life-wise. I needed that. We had a brief conversation where she told me that she'd seen me in there a lot, always thought I was so pretty and she loved the way I treated people. I know she was laying it on a little thick. She was just making me feel good, not trying to make an accurate critique. That one, too, was awesome.

The third one was a little different, but it's stayed with me. Years ago I had a hairdresser who became a good friend. Because we had become friends and I liked seeing her and because I was going through a "fancy hairdo" phase, I went there a lot. Sometimes once a week. She was usually the only stylist there, and we talked a lot before, during, and after she did my hair. She knew ALL about me. I'd met her kids, her grandkids, and her sister. She never saw me in male mode, and often saw me in things I wouldn't wear anywhere else. She always told me she loved me, and I think she meant it (not in a romantic sense). When my wife left, I went there to cry on her shoulder. She told me once, "I don't think of you as a man or a woman. I just think of you as a wonderful person." That's a pretty good thing to be. That was cool.

So, in my opinion, it's all in how it's done. I'm not at all sensitive to not passing anymore. The above interactions are probably a big reason. It used to scare me to death if I knew someone read me. Now it's not so important. I've always had a little trouble approaching women, not sure how to be nice without being creepy. I'd love to be able to pull it off as well as these women did. It'd be a great thing to make someone feel the way they did me.

Reality Check
    I have been in public and someone in passing has said "hi" or "good morning" and I responded back. It's customary in my part of the world.

If your question is really about me recognizing you a a crossdresser and walking up to say hi or start a conversation, the answer is "no". I figure if you're a crossdresser out in public you don't want to be called out or read.

I say hello to people as much as possible. With men it's usually the nod, cause, I dunno, men aren't meant to smile at each other because of the gay? With women it's a smile and, if they smile back, a hello. So I would certainly smile and say hello to you. Would it go any further than that? Only with your active interest and compliance, especially if I realized you were transgender, which given my general cluelessness about gender I probably wouldn't. But if I did I would remember that being trans in public, which does include cross dressing in public, is quite dangerous and so throwing my arms around you and shrieking: "Another trans woman! How wonderful!" would be a very bad idea both for you and me.

I walk my dog every morning and say Hi to anyone that passes. I think most that say hi back or give me a nice smile are really looking at the smile on my golden retriever.

I know I would say hi to you.

Hi

Would you say Hi if you saw me?
    Probably not; not knowing you, I'd be unsure if you are one of those CD'ers who believe that it's in everyone's best interest to be out, and I would not want to risk you outing ME. I'm so far in the closet that there's another closet you have to go through to get to mine, and even then, you have to use a hidden door and use the special knock to get acknowledged.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

In Texas, it's common for strangers to say hello to one another. So, sure I would!

Rachel - I'm afraid you're describing the preponderant western culture, human condition here... though perhaps you Kiwis are retaining that 'old world' politeness and giving it a new lease of life... good for you if you can!

I'm a fairly smiley person most of the time - which seems to get folk asking me for directions, generally in a foreign city - I suppose that means I'm approachable... I'd like to think I'd reciprocate that with pretty much anyone, and I'd be more than happy if it was in the circumstance of - say - sharing a table in a busy coffee shop; or just queuing for something (probably to get into the darned coffee shop - everything is so much smaller over here... )

I'm not sure about the other way around... I've heard so many 'spotting' stories here where the 'target' CDer has seemed a little aloof, but I guess if they're giving off messages indicating they want to talk, I'll pretty much talk to anyone... (just look at you lot... )

I'm of the firm opinion the world would be a better place all round if people smiled more...

Just think of some high-profile serious, non-smiley folk and you're generally talking baaaad people...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I was in dude mode walking by the food carts here in portlandia, (we call it "cartlandia" cause we're sooo clever here) and I noticed a gorgeous, tall CD girl in a 20's flapper style outfit walking toward me (there's a "club" around there somewhere I think). I gave her a smile and a nod, and she said something. I stopped, pulled my earbuds out of my ears, and said "huh"? She repeated "that's so sweet". I said "well you look fantastic". And continued down the street feeling kind of elevated. Since then I've entertained the idea of maybe having the guts to meet other girls someday... someday.. maybe.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I like to think I'm a decent human being and I will make eye contact with strangers and say hi, if I judge that they are amenable.
    But if I ever make NZ and see you, I'll make it a point to say hi .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk