Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress for looks or feel?

I dress both for looks and for how it feels. If I look good it makes me feel good. Even if I can't pass, the good feeling is still there.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    For me, it's both look and feel, and these ideas seem to be intertwined. Certainly I enjoy the tactile experience of the clothing, the ritual of dressing and applying makeup. And I'm thrilled to be a part of the process that turns a 6-foot-2, 300-pound hairy fat guy into a plus-size lady of reasonably pleasant appearance. Then I enjoy the comfort and contentment that comes with just being dressed up as pretty as I can muster

I've always had an eye for women's clothing. One of the first things I noticed about my SO was how well dressed she was and the quality & tailoring of her clothes. I was always able to buy for her and would often pick out clothes. When I saw something that she could wear, I would buy it for her and she always loved and wore my selections.
    CD didn't come along until pretty late, but I prefer high quality fabrics and well tailored clothes with subtle colors, no matter which gender, maxi skirts and as little restriction as possible. Dressing is a comfort thing for me, but it also doesn't hurt if you looks good!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I try for both but I like the way it feels more than it looks

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    .....the ritual of dressing and applying makeup. And I'm thrilled to be a part of the process ......
    I'm with you all the way Julie. There's a lot of talk about being en femme, but relatively little about the pleasure of getting en femme. I love the process of making up and dressing, I take my time - no need to hurry through something I enjoy so much. We don't gulp down big chunks of lobster tail dipped in butter. It's too good for that. No, we savor every little bite. Of course, I transform WAY WAY more that I eat lobster.

I just want to be who i've always felt i am so for me it's both.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

When I was young, from what I remember, it was a lot about the look. Feel was certainly a factor but the look was primary. I remember being almost mesmerized by the person looking back at me in the mirror. It was intoxicating. As I approach the big "70", it has become more about the feel and less about the look. I still enjoy the process of putting on my make-up, wig, etc. and seeing that transformation. But I think it is more about feel now. If I could just find that perfect make-up that will hide all the wrinkles and large pores and make me look 29 again.....
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Lena,

Put me in the "BOTH" column...

Hugs, Connie Marie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

I dress for feeling but like to look good. Not to mention I don't feel like a man when dressed.
    Angie

For me it is definitely the feel because there is no way that I look good lol

I dress because i love to look female. i hope to look good. When Im dressed however i really want to be a real woman

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I dress for the feel... Which is erotic. Other times I dress to look as good as possible, but this feels more like acting or a costume. Because I wear a waist cincher and hip and butt padding makes it less erotic feeling.
    Cara

Junior Member Miss Interpretation's Avatar
    I think I dress more for "look" now, though I definitely still love the "feel" of dressing! When I first started, it was definitely "feel" because I was actually afraid of looking in the mirror. But after I got more comfortable seeing myself in the mirror, it definitely became more "look," especially now that I have the hip pads, forms, corset, etc. That stuff is not comfortable in the least!

Definitely for the look first.. but the feeling is also important! The wind blowing against the legs while wearing a skirt or dress is a great feeling! And walking in heels (or just wearing) is amazing.. even though those things can hurt like @#%$ after a full day of shopping and going out.

For me, personally.. I have to see Tassia in the mirror... even it's only a few times during a long day and night.
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Am with Julie and Nicole, i love the process of dressing...its a ritual. Then, when all dolled up and out and about, i love the way i know i look and "am" - a woman.

As with many of you my priority is the look . When I'm fully transformed I want to see a real, attractive, sexy woman in the mirror. Fortunately I can achieve that to my own satisfaction and the thrill of seeing myself like that is exquisite. I always want to take photos that I can keep and post online to be admired by others.
    Having said that though, the feel of being a woman is also a wonderful pleasure , so much a part of my joy of dressing.

Definitely for the look first.. But also for the amazing feminine feeling.
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

I dress for looks and feel. I go the the gym quite a bit at 29 and my legs, back and shoulders are my best features because of that. Once I shaved my legs, I realized I could wear a pair of short shorts or a skirt, a strapless cami with semi-exposed back, some platforms/heels and be able to show all three off without being ridiculous or too revealing.

A little of both -- I love how I look in women's clothes, especially business professional wear and formal wear, that special feeling of looking in the mirror and seeing a woman. I also love how the clothes feel, from nylons and silky underthings, to the sweep of a skirt against my nylon-covered legs, and walking in heels, feeling long hair sweeping my shoulders, dangling earrings, makeup on my face -- all of it...
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Janice An View Post
    For me its the feeling, I need it.
    Passing just isn't happening in this life time.
    I'm on that ship...judging by Janice An's profile photo, more ways than one but I digress.

It's about feel for me. If I had a group gathering away from home, it would be done to the nines. But in "real" life I'm straight for the family and I have to keep it that way.

I'm never really real male though, even though I (used to) try. I just melt when I see a satiny dress. Couldn't care less about the cute little inhabitant of the outfit. It's the outfit for me.

Both, but for a different reason.
    Look: when i get to be in control of the body, i want to look feminine even if its my comfy clothes around the house
    Feel: i need to feel like a woman and thats all

A little of both I think

I have always loved the feel of female clothing. The obvious sense of feel is for soft silky underwear but also the feel of a dress against the legs and the way in which a skirt will drape or a blouse, is a lovely feeling. That said, the look is also important and so I am prepared to wear a corset and a longline bra so as to get the slimming effect and the right look. They are not as sensuous as a slip or a lovely silk blouse but they contribute to the "Feel" which has a tactile as well as an emotional sensation.

I dress for feel, I don't think that I look that great in a dress.

i dress for feel mostly. I agree with Julie about the process or the short journeys. Its the more of the trip there than the destination