Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress for looks or feel?

Both. I enjoy how the clothes feel and how I feel while dressed. I am lucky to not be all that large of a man and go for the look too. Living alone, I pretty much always wear all feminine clothing while at home, but rarely do the makeup and hair. (Wig) when I do, I sense an increase in feeling more feminine.

Well...for me... I dress for the feel.....it is this woman inside me who wants to liberates herself from my male persona.... the dressing just aids the liberation...I guess its for the emotions that it lets loose....which is beautiful

www.charini-shermin.blogspot.com

It depends, sometimes for feel sometimes for looks... lately it has been for looks though

As I mostly underdress it's all about the feel,
    When dressed I do actually resemble my avatar, which is the reason that I don't try to pass, still I am happy with who I am and that's all that counts.

You know, I actually dress solely for looks. I find that my baggier male clothes to be much more comfortable than my female clothes. I don't find my girl clothes to be uncomfortable, but when I'm in a dress I don't feel as relaxed as I could be in a pair of gym shorts.

Banned Read only
    I choose my undergarments for feel. It's always a full coverage nylon panty under a nylon slips, especially a doubled layered slip. I love the feel of the nylon layers swishing over my rump and torso. The outerwear, i.e, my dresses, are for looks. I love patterns on my dresses.

They go hand in hand

I know it is for the feel but I would like it to be for both. I am not confident yet in appearing as a female in public because I don't feel passable. I am working on this (specifically makeup as that is my greatest problem) and will get there eventually.

I must say both because I always wear stockings, heels, and slips with my outfits that are short skirts or dresses. I look classy but easy.
    I may not be a super model, but it feels so good.

When I started out all those years ago, it was all about feel. But in the last couple of years when I have been able to dress fully (make up, wig, shoes/boots) I've come to like the look. I might not look passable, but I look a lot less male than I do normally and I feel a lot different inside - dare I say feminine. Which I suppose is what it is all about (releasing your inner self)

I definitely dress for feel....I honestly feel so hot when im dressed in anything soft!

The look and the feel

That moment after a nice hot bath , all my body shaved , moisturiser rubbed in , when I slip into a pretty pair of full sized panties , slip on the sheerest tan pantyhose , put on my bra and nylon slip is quite possibly the best feeling in the World

I never tire of it ..even better if I go out , and make my self up , select a nice skirt or dress ,add a cardigan , boots , coat if its winter .

I do like to look at myself too
    Theres No Point In Living , If You Can't Feel Alive

I love the look of myself in the full length mirror as I walk along the landing after dressing. The dress caressing me and the look of my legs in heels and with longer hair, earrings dangling. When it is not too hot the feel of a full skirt puffed out by a net crinoline petticoat, with or without nylon tights. The arms brushing against a full bra as I walk. Love some of the newer stretchy satin materials which caress you, the swish of taffeta and the whole general feeling of being my right self when dressed as I have wanted to be since age 3 or 4. Luxury!

A bit of both.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i love the feeling of nylon pantyhose and of corse the feeling of wearing over the knee high heel boots

When I look good I feel great. Well really it is both for me. I will never pass but do hope to blend someday. But the feeling of the soft materials on my shaved chest, skirt swishing against my nylon clad legs. Yes it is all good. That's when I feel like a million dollars.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I dress as a man in a skirt, etc. I love the feel of the clothes. I do try to look nice. I love how somethings look. But really, it is about the feeling.

love dressing in Jeans and a cute top...looks all the way...wearing "pretty pretty" clothes is nice when the occasion fits but for me it is about trying to mingle in society as much as I can

I have wondered about how other gals feel about this as well Lena, good question.

So many have declared "both" and I agree....but specifically not always at the same time! At times, like you, perhaps unshaven just to feel the magic of the clothes and hair and I make sure there are no mirrors around! Other times I dress to LOOK good, like when I do a photo shoot. It is not always comfortable this glamour thing..but I love the way i look in person and in pics. When it all comes together at the same time, the look and the feel.....heavenly!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    I would have to say both. Its an all or nothibg kind if thing. Sometimes I like to dress sexy, but always a nice dress or skirt. Hmm...that reminds me, I haven't worn ny black liquid leggings and thigh high black boots in awhile!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My motivation to transform to Tina is the satisfaction I get of letting her explore life. That means I'm interested in her best feminine presentation, i.e. looks. On the other side of the coin, I really don't like it as well when she has to rush through her transformation. She really enjoys the process right from the start!

My dressing style and reason for dressing has shifted over the years. In my closeted years it was all about the feel and the bulk of my wardrobe was lingerie. Today it is really about the look and I don't even own any lingerie other than padded panties so clothes fit properly and a bra to hold my forms.

I still enjoy the feel of women's clothing, though now it's more akin to enjoying the luxury of the variety of fabric choices than the sensuality.

My original motivation for dressing was feel. I love the feel of lingerie, satins, silks, etc.... I still love the feel. But, the older I have gotten look has become more important. So at this point it is probably even between look and feel.

I echo what others have said. I dress because it feels like I can be who I really am. To look like a woman allows me to feel complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice An View Post
    For me its the feeling, I need it.
    Passing just isn't happening in this life time.
    Ditto I may have been able to pass when I was younger and
    100 lbs lighter but at 6'3" 250 I am male
    But I love the feel of the textures and I love the feel of smooth skin
    Shaving my legs and keeping them smooth is a turn on for me
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.