Thread: A Must Read - Be The Change You Want To See

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar

A Must Read - Be The Change You Want To See

I found this article by Lacey Leigh at Gender Evolve and it is absolutely brillaint. It is a must read for all of us.

She quotes the famous Gandhi phrase "Be The Change You Want To See" which is so appropos.

Here is the link:

http://genderevolve.blogspot.com/200...sh-to-see.html
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Thanks For The Eye (Mind) Opener!

Melissa, I wish every "girl" in the forum would read that. I have been slighted here because I think every girl should do her bit instead of riding on the skirt tails of other pioneering, trail blazing TGs. If they are married I can understand that. But if someone waits in the wings(so to speak) for someone else to lay the red carpeted path for them to tread on, then they should just stay silent and be complacent. I still hold out hope for them though. Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Melissa. The article looks great and I have copied it to read later and maybe even show it to my wife who seems to becoming more tolerant. A quick look at the rest of that website also looks interesting.

Yes a great article, especially the bit about people seeking absolution through pseudo-science so that they can claim that it is not their fault, they were born this way etc. There is nothing wrong with what we do, what we express is normal human behaviour. If there is nothing unnatural then why the shame?

Our biggest hurdle is the long time it takes for us to unravel the mess social conditioning has made of our brians and reach self-acceptance. Typically by the time we do this our best years are behind us and we are left wondering why we wasted so much of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Helana
    Yes a great article, especially the bit about people seeking absolution through pseudo-science so that they can claim that it is not their fault, they were born this way etc. There is nothing wrong with what we do, what we express is normal human behaviour. If there is nothing unnatural then why the shame?

Our biggest hurdle is the long time it takes for us to unravel the mess social conditioning has made of our brians and reach self-acceptance. Typically by the time we do this our best years are behind us and we are left wondering why we wasted so much of our lives.

Wow! Did you ever put one through the five ring there, (for non-marksmen ~ that means the center of the center of the bullseye!) I've yet to read the link ~ but your response was so strong ~!

I wish it were that easy. But sometimes it's just so scary to come out. Especially to your family.
    Hail Satin!