Thread: Slipping Slips .... Is there a remedy?

Slipping Slips .... Is there a remedy?

I have taken to wearing slips, but am irked by the teeny straps constantly fally down my arms. Any remedies please?

Smile

Crazy Glue,

Seriously I use small safety pins when needed. I always keep a few in my purse for emergency's

Ricky B
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

I have the same problem with the straps on cami's. I tuck the strap under my bra strap. But I guess if you don't have a bra on, you could use scotch tape.

Banned Read only
    There is a "bra strap supporter".
    I remember buying one.That was name, I can't remember the maufacturer.
    It would certainly hold up your falling slip straps. As it's nothing more than an adjstable piece of knicker elastic, I'm sure you could cannabalise a bra or a suspender belt and come up with something just as good.
    It really is annoying having to spend most of the day hiking up your slip straps.
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 01-20-2006 at 02:26 AM.

careful adjustment seems to work

I used to have this problem alot, both with slips and bras. Properly adjusted the straps don't slip nearly as much. I've found that the straps should be a little tight and both straps exactly the same length. If one is longer it will slip down. Hope this helps someone
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

From Bubba's Hardware Store! Two Words! Duck Tape! Don't leave home without it! LOL!

hi flica i have the same problem shortning the staps helps laurie
    laurie sweet

Some of us have shoulders that won't hold up straps no matter how well adjusted the straps are.

I use a 3M clear medical tape. Adheres to the skin much better than scotch tape, and is more flexible.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by flicka
    I have taken to wearing slips, but am irked by the teeny straps constantly fally down my arms. Any remedies please?
    I use (IT STAYS ) it is water solubule and it does work if you are not a perspiree. Hope this helps.
    Oh yes you can get this product at any Lingere store.
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Slipping Slips ....

Thanks ladies for the varied suggested remedies - most of which I'd previously tried without success. DonnaT recommendation of Medical Tape sounds just right and I'm sure it will do the job. I can now also wear my flighty nighties without wakening to find the strap ripped off. Bless you all.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Hello Flicka and welcome to the world of woman hood. When I was wearing dresses with slips this happened alot to me. Now I am a F2m. Good luck on finding the secret to slip straps. If you find it I bet women every were would pay you for it.

Ooh!..ooh!..ooh! pick me pick me!

How about....sewing a small piece of elastic half way up the shoulder straps (from one to the other) at the back so they pull in slightly.

Damn I'm a genius!!!! Must patent that quickly! "The JY shoulder strap thingy thing."