Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let Boys Be Girls

Roles, roles, roles.

Parents have a baby with a certain set of chromosomes. This sets certain expectations. Blue instead of pink. Trucks instead of dolls.

This has *nothing* to do with how they are wired inside. If we could just disconnect those things, it would be SO much easier.

I'm a (grand)parent. Let your kids be THEMSELVES. That is the best way to ensure that they grow up to be confident, strong people.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

There appears to be a great deal of misinformation on this thread about early transition. First of all, many very young children (some from as early as around age 2) DO know that they really are, or desperately want to be, a member of the sex opposite to the sex to which they were assigned at birth. Second, blockers and feminizing hormones are being authorized at or around the optimal age for transition---depending upon the individual circumstances of the case. Third, the only sure way to help an MtF transgender girl ultimately become indistinguishable from a natal girl is via early transition--blockers around the onset of puberty, hormones in the teen years, followed by SRS at the appropriate time. Many MtF children nowadays have been lucky enough to be able to start their social transition at school age (or even a bit earlier in a few cases), and then to begin the physical transition in their teens. The diagnostic criteria for transgender status are well established, and have been adjusted in recent years to take into account the possibility and advantages of early transition. Result: Many (hundreds, thousands) of very happy children and teenagers and young adults who are now living in the gender to which they have always felt they belonged.