Thread: Go West Young (!) Wo(Man)

Go West Young (!) Wo(Man)

Well, I've decided to accept the job offer and move from Wisconsin to California...should be there within two weeks. I still have to select a city but I have 4 weeks to do that. (I'm leaning towards Sonoma.)

This appears to be one more step in my journey that I could not have predicted even one year ago.

Should be an adventure.

-stephani

beautiful country there. best of luck on your journey.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Go for it Stephani. It should be a wonderful adventure and I wish you well.

The weather will seems strange to a Wisconsiner. That maybe the best part of CA.

Edy

Good for you. Let me know if you pick Sonoma. SuzanneF is just a city or two away and I have a friend who lives in Healdsburg. Coming from Wisconsin and assuming that you may just prefer the more milder Winter's, Spring's and Fall's, you will like either place. Sonoma will be a little less hectic than your SoCal option. The downside is the high cost of living and hopefully you will be able to work through that too.

Gold Member
    Good luck on this leg of your journey Stephanie! I hope you get all the fulfillment and peace that you wish for.

Well, I made it! I'm now a Californian. Well, more exactly, I'm working in Santa Rosa and looking for permanent housing.

A big step for me

-stephani

Welcome to the coast, and good luck in finding housing that suits you. I have a sister-in-law in Rohnert Park just South of you, though we never do get up that way to visit.
    Last edited by Kimberly Kael; 08-22-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Congrats on making the decision and doing what you think is right for yourself!!!

Isn't a great feeling to actually feel like you are working on your life in a way that feels right to you?!

Glad to hear you had a safe trip. Enjoy yourself, I did when I was there many moons ago in the USAF, though I wasn't in Santa Rosa.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

What did you think of your first earthquake? Evidently we saved a big one to celebrate your arrival, which seems to be semi-traditional. Two of the larger quakes we've been through here were within the first day or two after moving into a new home.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Kimberly, I was thinking the same thing this morning. How in such a wonderfully California authentic way has the new resident been welcomed to the State! Now, Stephanie, please do tell us how you enjoyed the special welcome?

Stephani
    Welcome to California. I live in Novato, which is just about 30 minutes south of Santa Rosa. Let me know if there is any way I can help. Once your settled in we can meet Allie in San Francisco and treat you to a special night. You are going to love it here!
    Suzanne

I wish you all the luck in the world. And say good bye to wonter how nice is that. Connie

Apparently, I slept through my first earthquake. I got a text from my family in WI asking if I was ok and suggesting I turn on the tv. Clearly, I'm ready for the big one. However, the quake was a topic of conversation for a couple of days.

An update. I'm currently hoteling in Santa Rosa and have an apartment lease pending. I've decided to stay in NoCal
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-29-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Multiposts will be merged or deleted. THIS time it was "merged"

Stephanie
    Welcome to Northern California! When you are ready for an outing in the city let us know. You are going to love it here!
    Suzanne

Stephanie I grew up in So Cal and slept through innumerable quakes, one does get used to them. But the San Andreas goes right through Santa Rosa and the "big one" is just around the corner...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieC View Post
    Apparently, I slept through my first earthquake. I got a text from my family in WI asking if I was ok and suggesting I turn on the tv. Clearly, I'm ready for the big one. However, the quake was a topic of conversation for a couple of days.
    Welcome to California Stephanie!
    Sleeping through your 1st quake...awesome! You already fit right in!

Wish I could be there for your welcome party!
    Carmen
    "Missed it by that much!"

After nearly two months, finally able to sleep in my own bed

I finally have my stuff that was moved from WI and last week was able to sleep in my own bed. I came to CA Aug 19 and had to find temporary lodging until now.

Another step on my journey

Welcome to California, sleeping thru an earth quake - what earth quake? very Californian It is beautiful country up are. I am sure you will happy.