Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the First Girl To Inspire You In Some Way

Note

the rules state no more than 10 photos per page. If this thread starts getting over that number, it will have to be closed. In other words, if'n you don't be needin to post a photo don't be postin no photos

The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My father was a salesman and sold calendars for a while. There was this one model I saw in his sample books who I've never forgotten. I was 8 at the time. I never knew her name.

My mother in so far as eye wear and lingerie, lipstick, nails. She is where I first fell in love with cat's eye frames, and red lipstick & polish. Marilyn Monroe in How to marry a Millionaire", added to my love of that style in glasses. Raquel Welch has also been an influence, I named myself, in part, after her, and I surely love her eyewear. Arlene Francis, Arlene Dahl, Rhonda Fleming, and Maureen O' Hara also.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The Avengers a great British show !
    Miss Emma Peel,Ho how i wanted to be her…..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

I think the earliest female role models for me would have been the big time girl singers of the early 50's. The Rosemary Clooneys, the Doris Days, Patti Page etc. Also from the movies, June Allyson, Ann Miller, Liz Taylor. But the supreme role model for my femininity would have to be Julie Andrews. What CDer could possibly strive to be more devastatingly female than to emulate Julie Andrews?
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

It was this neighbor lady down the street. I developed this fantasy that she would feminize me. But, it was just a fantasy.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

There were a few from June Allyson to Jane Fonda and Liza Minnelli to Olivia Neutron Bomb.

I followed a short hairstyle trend amongst girls and this was quite successful.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I was five, and there was a seven year old neighbor with a broken arm in a cast. I wanted to be her....still do

Aspiring Member
    at an early age I wanted to be Doris Day, late teens and early 20's Candace Bergen.
    Today I am a big fan of Lisa Ling on the Oprah network and I am not of Chinese
    ancestory

I'll have to go with my mother.

Later in life, I did have an infatuation with Emma Peel (Diana Rigg). Something about the way she could run and do martial arts in 5" spikes just spoke to me!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Ann Wilson from Heart. Even as a little boy, I adored her. A few years later, Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley in Alien.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Platinum Member
    Hi Adriana, I guess that it would have to be my mother first and back in the 40's & the 50's how the women
    would dress in their finest Sunday best the skirts, silk blouses, dresses, heels&hose and the hats with the small vale.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me it was either Barbara Eden or Linda Carter. But My all time favourite was a girl in high school Naomi Cornwell she was a little over weight and wore it very well she had a way of pulling her hair out of the back of her coat that did it for me, she had long brown hair and I was mesmerized by it.

Jane Fonda is up there. Emma Peel was so cool, later Joanna Lumley. I wanted to be them. Later Sigourney Weaver, Sharon Stone, Kate Mulgrew (Capt Janeway), Katherine Turner.

Looking at that list I think I see a pattern! All sassy strong beautiful women. I guess that's what I'd like to be.

In my own life, two of my sisters and one of their friends Yvonne. Again strong and good looking.

But also one of my Mother's friends, she was pretty, friendly and outgoing always lit up a room with her personality.

Her name is Marie.

It would with out any doubt be my mom and sisters.

I think the first one probably would have been Nancy Sinatra. That long platinum blonde hair, those white go-go boots, those long legs , well you get the picture. As I went on I would have to say my aunt. She always supported me and taught me about femininity, being a woman and most importantly being a good person.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

For me it was definitely my mother. She worked and had a wonderful wardrobe of dresses along with a dresser full of bras, girdles, slips and stockings. She alos had a wig that was able to use. I still love the retro lingerie of the 50's/60's.

I will say Janet and Chrissy from Three's Company. They prove weekly that hosiery can be worn with anything and it's OK to wear them around the house. Next may be Dawn wells from Gilligans Island who had the best pair of pantyhose ever made...7 years running through the bushes and not one run
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Fell in love with her. And wanted to look like her. And wanted to wear her slip. I saw the movie in the late sixties, with my parents. I was just six or seven, and I so embarrassed by the rush of emotions I had...I remember it so vividly.

Cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof-slip.jpg

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    ^ OMG yes ... I mean, the first 20 minutes of the film is about Maggie changing her stockings

For me, it would have to be my mother and Janet from 3's company. I used to get told all the time as a young boy how much my mother looked like her. Did my mother ever play the part (not on purpose of course). Tight jeans, heels and hose.

I am shocked no one had mentioned Linda Carter. She was always conservatively dressed in the military and then transformed into sexual goddess when she turned into Wonder Woman. I would also second ginger. She was always impeccably put together.

My eldest sister, hands down inspired me. She was such a to-die-for teen glamour queen who I watched so attentively off in the corner, especially when she got all dolled up in front of our bathroom mirror. But on the large screen, it had to be Joey Heatherton. I just couldn't wrap my mind around what it must be like to be that attractive, that hot. Every fiber within me cried to be like her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

My 4 older sisters are my girly inspirations.

Love, Lexi

Jennifer from WKRP anyone? - aka Loni Anderson