Thread: And That's When The Doorbell Rang...

And That's When The Doorbell Rang...

I am working on a project at home today with my best guy friend. We'll call him Nolan. We're working on cleaning up and packing some stuff, potentially dusty work, so I'm dressed down -- I'm in drab, guy's pants and a guy's polo shirt.

We're in my living room, discussing some items with my spouse when the doorbell rings.

Here in urban Southern California most people don't just show up at your door, they generally call first. I usually answer the door regardless of how I'm dressed because it is not likely to be a friend, more likely to be a delivery person, a real estate agent, or a missionary of one sort or another.

But as I head for the door my psychic sense kicks in and I suddenly say "Take the door" to my spouse as I head off into the master suite.

I hear her effusively greet someone, so it's got to be a surprise visit from a friend.

What to do? I text my best friend in the other room, "Who is it?"

He texts back, "Delores"

Yipes! It is one of my best GG friends, one who only sees me en femme!

I'm starting to text him back when he knocks at the door to the master suite and comes in.

"Looks like she's staying for a while, you probably want to send Barbara out."

Yeah, great, I haven't shaved since yesterday! Fortunately, I've fried off most of my facial hair and what's left is mostly slow growing gray. Still, after not shaving for a day I feel stubble.

"Can you see any facial hair?" I frantically ask him.

He peers closely at my face. "Hard to tell," he says, "The light isn't good here."

We move over to the windows. "It's fine," he says, "Not noticeable."

"Thanks!" I say over my shoulder as he goes back into the other room and I grab some panties from my closet and run into my bathroom where I have some clothes from last night.

I quickly toss on panties and bra and change into capris and a top. I change wedding rings, add my engagement ring, apply some lipstick, remove my ponytail holder and comb out my hair.

I slip on some white sandals as I head out the door.

"Hi Delores!"

She and my spouse and I sit and talk as Nolan goes into the other room to chat with our cousin who is currently staying at our home.

It turns out that she was in our neighborhood having lunch with another friend and had decided to drop by to show us how well the new shoes she had bought when we went shopping together earlier in the week went with her outfit.

We chatted for about half an hour and she took her leave.

Nolan came back in the room. I smiled at him and said, "Shall I see if David has finished his nap?"

"That would be a good idea," he said with a grin.

I headed into the master suite, cleaned off my lipstick, changed jewelry and clothes, put my hair back up, and headed back to work.

Later I asked my spouse how I'd looked.

"Fine," she said, "As a matter of fact, your hair looked really good!"

And that's what happened!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 08-06-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

That has to be the first time I've heard the story of the surprise doorbell and somebody having to rush and change out of boy mode.
    Usually it's the other way around.
    Cute story Persephone.

I love your stories of real life. So wonderful that you have such a good friend in Nolan. We all should. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 08-07-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Such is life in the gender fluid world! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Let me see if I understand this right. You didn't want to be outed as a dude?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

That's right, Steffi!

I have a few (very few!) folks who only know me in man mode, some who know me in both modes, and many who only know me as a woman.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-07-2014 at 05:03 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi,

I know enough about you to know whats going on. Yet Im trying to get my head around all this cloak and dagger stuff

Quite frankly i could not do it no wonder im not a dresser in any way shape or form,
    heck this would screw my mind around,

You know i have over 1500 friends i work with some im a Band member some 100 members in 6 Bands and our different groups soc.s and yes my many friends and family,

And no matter what i wear my garb Edwardian or uniform or plain rags or work clothes every one knows me, i greet and meet so many people i dont hide behind a mask though i get embarrissed of how i look facial wise its still who i am if i turned up in swimming togs female of cause it would not make a scrap of difference, oh and yes on TV again ,

Oh and by the way one of my Band masters she has known me for over 16 years . yes even when i wore male dam clothes ,
    and my past if you like is well known

i mean oh,,,,,,, Flippen Heck ....i could not stand it ....... hey you know what i,d go insane

I know im mad gee insane ,,,help not yet ,......

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    Persephone,
    One of my first jobs of the day is shower and close shave !
    I'm slightly confused, your visitors know you're a CDer ? So where's the problem being seen as a guy, unless you hate the persona that much !

The reverse dressing did make me smile thanks for the story .

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Love it... The emergency dash to frock up. Talk about alternate universe!!!!

Great story, made me smile.
    Call me Donna, please

Persephone, Yes, this one really brought a smile to start the day -- what a turn of events!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    That's right, Steffi!
    I have a few (very few!) folks who only know me in man mode, some who know me in both modes, and many who only know me as a woman.
    Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Now this is something for us to aspire to....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Very good read, enjoyed it and that was a first for me to see how that came out.

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Gone to live my life
    Hey there,

When I first read the title I thought it was going to be a story about being half way between guy/girl and up shows the delivery person. Have to admit this is the first time I read about rushing to "girl up" when someone comes over. Great story and thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Nice story, you handled things well.

Platinum Member
    That's hilarious ...sitcom material!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How does your wife fit in to this scenario in your home to someone who only knows you as Barbara?.... just wondering................................Debra

That's an amusing, and rather different story. I'm grinning ear to ear. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everone for your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by noeleena View Post
    i mean oh,,,,,,, Flippen Heck ....i could not stand it ....... hey you know what i,d go insane
    Well, it does keep my mind active! They claim that mental activity can help stave off Altzheimers so I'm hoping that's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Persephone,
    One of my first jobs of the day is shower and close shave !
    I'm slightly confused, your visitors know you're a CDer ? So where's the problem being seen as a guy, unless you hate the persona that much !
    You're right, I should shave every morning (Note: I do shower!), but that's a little rough on my skin, so on "down" days when I'm expecting to just work at home I give my skin a little vacation day. Otherwise, I'm a member of the "Always Ready" club, nails manicured, eyebrows shaped, body free of hair, etc.

Not everyone knows I'm a CD/TGer. There are a few who know me only as a man and a number who only know me as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    How does your wife fit in to this scenario in your home to someone who only knows you as Barbara?.... just wondering................................Debra
    My spouse is wonderfullly cool with it all, as is my son. We all go places together and do things together. Those who know me in both genders are always terrific at using the correct name and pronouns for the occasion.

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Delores also knows me only as Eryn and I've even encountered her in a random restaurant, pretty amazing in a city of millions. Mimi and I were walking to our table and she reached out, grabbed my arm and said "Hi Eryn!" Just about gave me a heart attack!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I too have a group of friends who only know me as Suzanne. I would never want them to meet Brent! The thought itself horrifies me!
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Persephone,
    I've brought that up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Not everyone knows I'm a CD/TGer. There are a few who know me only as a man and a number who only know me as a woman.
    Just because you only see certain people as "Barbara" doesn't mean they don't know you're TG. You don't think word has gotten around?

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Just because you only see certain people as "Barbara" doesn't mean they don't know you're TG. You don't think word has gotten around?
    Conversely, some people may have gotten "the word" and don't think it important. Others may simply accept the presented gender at face value and not question gender further. We don't all put our friends under such intense scrutiny!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Conversely, some people may have gotten "the word" and don't think it important. Others may simply accept the presented gender at face value and not question gender further. We don't all put our friends under such intense scrutiny!
    I agree! I have friends that accept and know me as Suzanne. I don't want to introduce Brent into our relationship. I am trying my best to get him out of my other relationships!
    Suzanne

Barbara, you just have your problems in reverse to most.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Persephone:

I understand completely. We have a man who feeds my wife's horses, when I see his lights coming up the driveway, I make sure Emme is presentable.

He is one of the few people who see The Doc as me...... Emme! The night gown gets a robe and the short skirt get panties. LOL

I get it!!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"