Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hang 'em, or Hide 'em

I have my own small walk in closet and i have mine hung right along side of my male clothing. my spouse knows she doesn't mind.

An Alternative?

Although it's certainly not the most glamorous of alternatives, U-Haul offers a wardrobe box that works quite well. You won't necessarily be able to hang full-length ball gowns in it, but it might offer that in-between alternative while your SO becomes accustomed to the idea.

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/...be-Box?id=6560

My best/favorite/delicate dresses get hung, the rest gets stored in a draw like the rest of my clothes.

Hang your good stuff to keep it good.
    Samantha -x-

I would be careful showing them Maybe a few conservative items Don't over do it untill you are sure of her true attidute. I think most women can accept it intellectually but whenit comes to lovers and spouses it is a different story. So go slow until you are sure
    My 2 cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Hang 'em up! But remember......"NO WIRE HANGARS",....... Mommy Dearest!

I Am with the slow roll approach. She has already been hit with a tidal wave. Don't force another one. Let the two of you grow into this together! Hanging your things in a second closet would be ideal to me, she doesn't HAVE to see it everyday. She can peek when she's ready. Your thing will be tidy and not wrinkled cause they aren't stowed. In my 63 years, my experience with other girls in our realm, go into trouble fastest by declaring their right to dress and rushed into the pink fog , caution thrown to the wind. Soon thereafter, troubles mount!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    They are hanging, and folded in my drawers.
    All my boy clothes are in the back room.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

If I had answered this question a few nights ago, it would have been hide 'Em. A couple of nights ago my rock star wife who I came out to in February said " I can clear some space for you in the closet.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristyn, With three closets full I would say hang them up.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Kristyn...

I think that you should hang a few things of Kristyn's on the left side of your closet. Maybe put one or two pairs of shoes on the shelf or under the clothing, and keep your undies in a bag on the floor in the closet. Let her see them, let her process, and before you know it, your closet may look just like mine!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Most of Tina's clothes are hanging in our closest on my wife's side! Those couple of things that would really not be her style under any circumstance are in a suit carrier. Tina's shoes are in shoe boxes of my male shoes, with male shoes on too of the boxes. Anybody casually walking into the closet wouldn't notice a thing!

All of my clothes are in boxes, and many of the boxes are in a storage locker.

However, I am thinking of hanging my dresses, BUT only inthe closet in my (private) home office, not in our shared office.

I have a good CD friend whose wife is much more accepting than mine. She uses the smallest bedroom for her things. Eventually she overflowed that closet and put some of her clothes in their shared closet, with her wife's permission. But she didn't get any more space. For every girl thing to come into the closet, a guy thing had to go out.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

This is such a tough one, when my wife found out about my dressing and after her initial shock, she is such a kind hearted person she said that if i wanted to put my clothes somewhere we could make room in one of the closets. i thanked her but didnt take her up on it because although she is supportive and would follow through on her promise, it felt like a step too far for me. i had been hiding this secret for so long and her finding out was a big enough of a move forward! and as much as in some ways I would love nothing more than being able to have my clothes hanging or in a drawer its just too much for me. I still keep my clothes in a box on the top shelf at the back of cupboard in my home office which means I am limited on the number I can keep and they also crease. maybe one day I will do it, just not yet...

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Make sure they are all clean and ironed, and then hang them up NEATLY.
    Make sure everything is in order.
    Good luck.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife knows. However the thread about being concerned about dying pertains to my recent situation. We may have the in laws, who are VERY snoopy and judgemental, here for a couple weeks, so she asked me to move all of Allison's things from the drawers to storage containers and put them in the attic until after I recover, with the exception of a handful of panties that will go in her panty drawer temporarily. However, Allison's skirts, dresses, and hanging clothes will remain in the shared walk in closet.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    The "slap in the face" has nothing to do with the SO. This CD thing is a 'X' and 'O' chromosone thing and has nothing whatsoever to do about "wanting" or "choice". Being a CD is just a simple fact of life. A CD is a CD no matter how he/she is dressed, although, being a CD myself, I find it much more relaxing to be in a dress than not. That said, being a happy and content CD isn't easy in the least. It's a lot of hard work to get to the point of "passing", but the rewards are worth it.
    Some CD's will never "pass" for various or "whatever" reasons, but for those of us that can and do pass it's more fun than anyone can possibly imagine.
    As I said, it takes a lot of effort to achieve the goal to "pass". Most CD's wear too high a heel and too big of breast form. ALL CD's need help and guidence.
    For me I found a nice lady who owned a lingerie store where she fitted me with the proper size form ('C' cup).
    Another nice lady fitted me for a wig that works with my color and face.
    And then it was off to the thrift stores for dresses and skirts. I wasted a lot of money doing it wrong for many years until I decided to do it "right".
    The "CD" part of him is what makes "him" him, if you catch my meaning.
    A lot of CD's are too much into themselves, true, but with a little understanding you'll get over the feeling of ever "getting slapped in the face".
    Good luck. Believe me, it's not easy being a CD, it's just who we are, and not by choice. But to deny the girl part of us may just be denying the best part of ourselves.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The moment I knew my wife had accepted my crossdressing was when she told me that my clothes didn't belong being crushed in a duffle bag and they needed to be hung up or folded and put in drawers. The nicest and most supportive thing she ever did regarding this aspect of my life.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    If I were a betting man, based on the experiences of many, many others, I would bet that she does not want you to and is just saying that because she wants to make you happy, or is frustrated and doesn't know how to handle it. Like someone else said, do it at your own peril.

Careful I bite <3
    Mine were hung since before I was dating my SO (bad excuses, that she fell for all the way).

I'd suggest you tell her you're serious about trying it out and put some up. Definitely don't overwhelm her by having a wardrobe twice the size of hers or something like that, that might make feel like she's losing you more than she already is. She's still early in the process and is very likely to, as a lot of people have advised, be saying little things she may not really be ready for. Make sure that you give her the options to back out and do things straight forward from the beginning.
    Last edited by Badwolf; 09-15-2014 at 09:44 AM.

I hope that you are hanging up your clothes Kristin!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Advice from two Bridgets (actually, this one's a Bridgette) for the price of one: hang 'em. Be confident. And then talk about it...ask if she's okay with it.

Silver Member
    no one here can tell you. Only your wife. I have mine hanging in our closet. She hangs clothes in ours and every other closet in the house. I wouldn't rush it but bring the hangers home and give it time. Integrate your things as time sees fit. She may ask you where your clothes are. Laundry may be the true test. Or it may be nothing. My wife used to make comments about my bras, but now she just washes them with hers.