Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Re)Discovering Bra

Lightbulb (Re)Discovering Bra

As all of you who has gone out dressed, we all realize that women's cloth are very different from men's functional wise. It usually stays closer to your body, and there are not much pocket space to hold stuff. That is one of the reason women are so much into the handbags. The handbags are very helpful and it holds so much stuff (you will be amazed what women carried in their bags with them all the time). In male mode, every morning I just put on my sweater and jeans (from the day before), and I am ready because I am pretty sure all my essentials are in my pocket (wallet and keys). In female mode, I will have to do the checklist every time I walked out of the door. So much difference.

Anyway, as some of you may know, I have been walking my dog dressed recently. I have been trying to duplicate a casual look (shorts, tank tops) as everyday women would do. As most women don't carry their hangbags when they walk their dogs, I have been trying the same. But every time I was in the park, I really got a handful: there is car keys, phone, sun glasses, hat, dog leash, and poop bags. Oh, as CDs we have to carry our ultimate tool: camera. Not just a camera, but a camera with a little grabby base (I don't know how it is called) that can be set on stuff for the obligatory selfies.

As some one who is constantly looking for improvement, I have been trying to find a way to make life easier. A few tries here and there, and pretty soon a light bulb went on on me. It is the bra! Why not, there isn't much other options. Women do it all the time. And as a CD, I have even more advantage, because I have much more storage space there. :-) With a little practice, I can fit keys and phones there easily. So all I need to worry about these days is the camera. Oh, and my dog occasionally.

Crossdressing is really a game between your ears, isn't it?

Leslie,
    Thank you for a great post. All of us who love to CD, in my case I dress as a lady 24/7, know your feeling. I love your take on a bra's extra uses. But I, for one, won't did it. but it is a idea that needs a little thought.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 08-07-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My wife uses her bra almost as a second purse. She is a G cup and so has lots of material to work with. Its very entertaining once her bra comes off because all sorts of stuff falls to the floor she forgot was in there.

I regularly carry my cell phone tucked between my pocket bra (forms in the pocket) and my natural chest. If I am not expecting any phone calls or text messages, then it is in my purse, otherwise it works great and I never miss a call and the vibration .... well its a nice vibration!

I'm only a 38B, so there isn't a lot of extra room in there. Very occasionally I'll stick my phone in there if I don't have anywhere else for it and I need my hands free.

My solution in both modes is to carry a medium sized shoulder bag. It's big enough for wallet, phone, and any other reasonable-size object I want to carry. It normally stays on my shoulder, but can go cross-body if I do something more active. My male-mode purse is khaki ballistic nylon, built like a small messenger bag. My female mode purses are somewhat more creative in color and style.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

You might try a small fanny pack buckles around your waist and easily accessible

this reminds me of these old cloak and dagger movies where the lady hides an important message between her breasts

Okay as long as no one feels you up.
    One lumpy breast.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I carry all sorts of stuff in my bra when I'm not carrying my purse. I like to carry my keys that way when I go for bike-rides en femme. I wear a sports bra which leaves a lot of space between the forms.

Silver Member
    Since I don't wear forms, I seldom use my bra as a storage area. My wife has hid money in hers and occasionally I used mine for a key. I carry my phone when I walk as do most of the women I walk with. Don't know of any women carrying cameras on our walks.

In male mode, I've almost reached the limits of my pockets:

Right Front: Keys and pocket change
    Right rear Wallet
    Left front Spare keys, hearing aid supplies, chap stick and a tailor's tape measure in case a shopping trip appears
    Left rear Handkerchief
    Shirt pocket Pens, notepad.
    Clipped to my belt Cell phone

En femme, I usually carry a small shoulder bag / cross body bag.

Almost all of these things come with me en femme, except lipstick replaces chap stick, tissues instead of handkerchief, and spare keys stay behind. No use in having keys and spare keys in the same handbag. Plus I add all the other feminine accouterments: Make-up bag, hair clips, hair brush/comb, mirror, girl cards, etc.

Have you thought of women's "cargo pants"?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Ummm.. trying to fit your dog in your bra has got to be quite the feat! May need to step it up a size or two...

Lauren

You donot want to carry your phone there too often - there are documented cancer event in girls who regularly do this for several hours each day.

Only last week my wife lost her house keys. After an hour of searching the handbag, the car and drive and returning to a house she had been visiting, guess where she found the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    You donot want to carry your phone there too often - there are documented cancer event in girls who regularly do this for several hours each day.
    I'd worry about the health impact when I get to that level of dressing time. :-)

I'm wearing a summer dress now which has very sensibly got pockets in which you can place a phone or a purse or whatever. It's rare to ever see that. Even in man mode I carry a lot of stuff and I really need a handbag.

I also carry a cross body bag all the time except when I walk the dog, even when I am in a sort of male mode (men's clothes but with my shoulder length hair, light makeup, and my natural breasts). The only things I carry in my pants pocket are my keys and handkerchief.

I have not gotten into the habit of using my "chest bank" - i.e., stuffing things into my bra.

I got sick and tired of picking up my pants in the morning and having things fall out of them. The last straw was when I washed and ruined my cell phone that was in a pants pocket.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Huh... I've never used my bra as a purse. In guy mode I carry a small knapsack and in gal mode, I carry a purse. I generally have too much stuff to fit unobtrusively into a bra anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    I really got a handful: there is car keys, phone, sun glasses, hat, dog leash, and poop bags. Oh, as CDs we have to carry our ultimate tool: camera. Not just a camera, but a camera with a little grabby base (I don't know how it is called) that can be set on stuff for the obligatory selfies.
    Check out the other women walking/running on your route and see what they're doing with their miscellaneous items.

Putting stuff like keys in your bra can be very uncomfortable! I generally use a fanny pack when running. But, if you don't like that, then maybe try the following.

Your keys can go on a little dangled bracelet

coilbracelet_zps549cff52.png

Sunglasses on your head or slipped into the neckline of your top, not only holds glasses but accents your breasts.

Hat on head or clipped to your waistband - if you wear a belt it can run through the back of something like a baseball cap..

Dog on leash.

Poop bags on belt/waistband.

Camera in pouch clipped to waist, in pocket or in bra.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I carry my cellphone in my bra I got a call an my left boob went to ringing
    Sarah Michelle Collins

Started HRT with Spirotone on 05/18/2013 an Estradiol Valerate Injections on 06/14/13 an Progesterone injections on 12/29/2014

Thanks to a generous and loving wife, I wear nothing but designer cross body bags all the time. Bruce Makowski, Coach, Kathy Van Zealand. always have everything I need, and if nothing else, in boy mode, a guy wearing a designer bag is a great conversation starter.

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, I often see women pull a small coin purse or a cell phone up out of there.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sorry but there has never, ever, been a proven case of someone developing cancer through carrying a cellphone in their bra. You are more likely to die by a malfunction in a Star Trek transporter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This morning I saw a add for a sport bra, with pockets, it is made in Utah, it was on the Kutv station in Salt lake if you went to there site they would have contact info, it was on the morning new show http://kutv.com/news/features/guests...vid_2931.shtml http://www.swoob.com/
    Last edited by Annaliese; 08-20-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenR2 View Post
    Sorry but there has never, ever, been a proven case of someone developing cancer through carrying a cellphone in their bra. You are more likely to die by a malfunction in a Star Trek transporter.
    It hasn't been proven, but then there haven't been any true studies either. I would rather err on the side of caution...

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/ex...ncer-risk.aspx