Thread: SoCo Heya

SoCo Heya

So I hope this doesn't sound awful but as I consider the courage to attend Southern Comfort I'm finding the price point is very prohibitive to register. I'm just a lowly grad student here in Atlanta. Is there any way I can interact with some wonderful sisters at this conference without the fee? (Conference organizers I mean no offense and understand the reasons for the price point, just can't afford it while in grad school if your reading this) lol would love to take the next step in advancing Kaite by introducing her to other awesome ladies

Whilst the cost of some conferences are prohibitive to some students I feel an introductory fee to one or two seminars would encourage some to attend in following years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kate - it appears they provide a 'scholarship' or subsidised entry - have you thought of applying for that? (Although it might be a bit last minute now). Info here: http://sccatl.org/content/scholarships-2/

I hesitate to suggest you follow the practice of some commercial conference goers and just go along and hang out at the hotel - the public areas will still be public and if you had a room at the hotel, that would be perfectly legitimate... Obviously would be better if you could arrange to meet some folk there as you still wouldn't get into the conference itself.

Some past conference goers might have more ideas...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

What Katey said is all true.

While you couldn't attend the conference sessions or the sponsored meals, you could just hang out in the lobby or bar and you would look like everyone else.

And go for the scholarship. I know people who received them at the Keystone Conference.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I also live just a few miles from the hotel and have attended several other meetings there. It is a huge hotel and there should be no issues with hanging out in the lobby, bar or the outside areas. I have also thought about going over there during the convention and taking a walk around the grounds but just can't quite do it.