View Poll Results: How do you select a new CD/TG contact?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks or sexual attraction?

15 17.65%
  • Similar standard of transformation?

12 14.12%
  • Better standard of transformation?

10 11.76%
  • Similar profile - and similar interests?

47 55.29%
  • Similar tranny outlook?

21 24.71%
  • Similar Age?

32 37.65%
  • Close Location?

28 32.94%
  • I don't. They contact me.

9 10.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you select your new CD/TG friends?

Aspiring Member

How do you select your new CD/TG friends?

When I came on the internet, it was before the tranny forum days and I used to spend time going through the big tranny directories and linked websites. I still do on occasions. I can’t remember exactly how I decided who to contact – but I think it was principally based on similar profile – though I know looks played a part. I didn’t particularly worry about the location – in fact an early and firm friend is Laura Coral in Mexico.

So what motivates you to contact someone?

Is it looks or sexual attraction?
    Similar standard of transformation?
    Better standard of transformation?
    Profile - and similar interests?
    Similar tranny outlook?
    Similar Age?
    Close Location?

Fiona xx

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by FionaAlexis
    So what motivates you to contact someone?

Profile - and similar interests?
    Similar tranny outlook?
    Similar Age?

Fiona xx
    [SIZE=3]Long term friends i have made have all been from similar tranny outlook.
    The other two were just people i've talked to for a little while.
    Great topic. Nice to see something refreshing.
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    You're so fast Deborah. Thanks. Can you vote too!

Fiona xx

ps Where's the 'rainy state' - Washington?

I tend to gravitate towards people are like me. Similar age and size. Especially if they are further along than I am. It kinda gives me hope. So I always contact those I could call role models.
    Hail Satin!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK
    I tend to gravitate towards people are like me. Similar age and size. Especially if they are further along than I am. It kinda gives me hope. So I always contact those I could call role models.
    Thanks Regina. I didn't think of size/height.

The poll is mutiple choice too.

Fiona xx

Which Is It?

Come on now. I see six different catagories with 50 points each.Is this poll slanted or what? I think I'll go with the girls. But don't get me wrong. I might be right. Love & kisses,
    Last edited by Darlena; 01-20-2006 at 04:43 AM.
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlena
    Come on now. I see six different catagories with 50 points each.Is this poll slanted or what?
    Sorry Darlena - It's multiple choice. It may end up like a dog's breakfast but it may be revealing.

Fiona xx

Banned Read only
    I would say simlar profile/ similar outlook.
    Smartly dressed (skirt and blouse) mature woman.
    Love those poll results.
    Reminds me of Gene Wilder selling shares in " Springtime for Hitler" in "The Producers!".

Quick As A Wink.....

Nobody knows the trouble I've Been.. nobody knows the sorrow.., "DARLENA is The SHE DEVIL" She'll rope you in. She'll have her way with you. Watch Out ! Because she is the "She Devil" incarnate. You can call her,"Cruella" if you wanna.You might even call her Lucie Ferr. But don't call her late for dinner. Love & kisses,
    Last edited by Darlena; 01-20-2006 at 04:23 AM.
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    Love those poll results.
    Reminds me of Gene Wilder selling shares in " Springtime for Hitler" in "The Producers!".
    Hi Angela,

Yes, I'm in fear now it will end up with 5 or 6 exactly equal lines. Sometimes you can be too smart!

Did you just change your name back?

Fiona xx

My Mistake. Must Have Hit That Button Twice.

Fiona, my dear, I think perchance I might have entered the "Repeate" button more than I needed to. By the equation of 2 to 1 or so...But, the point being is that I am glad that you took the time to get back to me. That is something special and dear. Thank you. Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Hi Fiona,
    Yes I did,
    I thought that as there are so many Angelas here that changing to Angie would narrow down a search of previous posts.
    It didn't work (Miss smarty panties!).
    And I did feel a bit guilty shoving Angela to one side, after all she's been with me most of my life.
    So I'm back to being Angela, (just the same girl).
    Don't change the poll. I wan't to see how it ends up!

I have no idea, that's why I'm reading this topic. Ideally they'd be someone around my own age, in the same area as me with similar interests. Yeah, that's pretty picky, but that's just how I am with friends. I'm very choosy.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriannah
    Yeah, that's pretty picky, but that's just how I am with friends. I'm very choosy.
    I think the 'chose-y-ness' increases with the intention of meeting in real life? Then all kinds of considerations come into it - privacy, security, compatability...?

Fiona xx

I picked similar interests and close location.

Interests are most likely based on Internet contact like these forums. Then, if close enough, a meeting can be arranged. Of course, close, to me, can be a 5 hour drive.

But mainly the friendships are online with the possiblity of meeting sometime if we find ourselves in close proximity.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    I picked similar interests and close location.

Interests are most likely based on Internet contact like these forums. Then, if close enough, a meeting can be arranged. Of course, close, to me, can be a 5 hour drive.

But mainly the friendships are online with the possiblity of meeting sometime if we find ourselves in close proximity.
    I picked the same items, for much the same reason... Though the web does a wonderful job of bringing all of us together, so proximity for meeting, by my definition, is within a couple hours drive, save for big events.
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

Goodness!! I remember back when all you could do is search some AWFUL sites! and then those discusting chat formats!!
    I guess my choice was based on how I relate to others when I get a chance to chat with them via e-mail or other. I look for the same outlook and kinda the same agenda as I have , and going thru simalar things in our transgender walk!! Ahhh Well enought typed!! good question tho!!

hugs! Sheli

HI,

When I first got involved in the community, I was looking to date within it. Webpage sites were a good start, and since I lived in hickville Texas I kinda did not think I would find someone relaly close to me to date. I found two distinct crossdressers though, those whose femme idenity revolved around the sexual/vanity/pictures only and those who shared about their story of how they came to be, maybe with some pics, but more on their feelings. I would send them a short email explaing who I was and what I was looking for. I found many gals lied about their age online. Some would say mid thirties, but then tell me later theyy were late 50's. Which was wayyy to old for me.

When I came across my huby's site he was very much grounded in who he was and also looked really cute. And you could kinda tell as a guy he would be cute as well. But mostly I loved his honesty and off beat humor.

Once we married, I mainly liked to make friends with people who seemed about the same level as us. But as it happned, most times people contacted us after visitng our site. And the best part we have live long friends now, three couples locally and two from a distance. A few years back we were able to go visit the one gg friend I made in NYC who also was into cd's and I hope eventually we can plan a visit {or vise-versa} with the other couple we hvae made friends with on the forum here.

Having the same interests or on the same level is important when I made freinds online. If it turns out the cd stuff is all I have in common with someone, chances are the friendship will not grow.

Hugs

Friends?

Wow they've got everything here.

All the nut jobs with a sense of humour sort of gravitate towards each other. Works for me.

I would say. Anyone who like to have a chat and make me laugh then she would be a friend for life.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Ah-May-Lee
    I voted "I don't, they contact me"

But if I was to make friends, I would take pics of Cds, stick them on the wall, then through darts at them. Whoever gets a dart between the eye is my new friend.

Although I do agree with Julie about the nutcases seem to attract each other, right Julie,

I tend to chat and become acquainted with girls who are closer to me and I have a good chance of meeting and also those who have similar interests. Well..to be honest, I've chatted with all cds and could have voted in many of the catergories but its mostly proximity, similar appearance and contacts, age does somewhat play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    But if I was to make friends, I would take pics of Cds, stick them on the wall, then through darts at them. Whoever gets a dart between the eye is my new friend.

OW..OW...OW...OW

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy gg
    Having the same interests or on the same level is important when I made freinds online. If it turns out the cd stuff is all I have in common with someone, chances are the friendship will not grow.
    Very true, Kathy. Even in tranny social groups I found that just being TG wasn't enough to form a friendship.

Fiona xx

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelie
    Question is Amelie - Do you throw blindfold or are you just a seriously bad dart thrower?

Fiona xx