Thread: New social security card after name/gender change

New social security card after name/gender change

Were you issued a new number or do they reissue the same one? By the end of the month I will have to start changing every thing from my DL to my USPSA range badge to my post office box info and was curious about that.

Same number
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Thanks (added because I can't just say thanks)

Yes the same number. Which means your past will be forever linked to you in some ways. Credit reports, medical, whatever.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Untitled
    That is the way of the world now, one you have your number, you are traceable for the rest of your life
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Tuesday, 11:00 AM for me. I can get my certified copies withing 15 minutes of the judge signing off, so I will drop 1 in with my form SS-5 and drop that in the mail in the clerks office, walk up to the fourth floor of the court house and get my CWP changed then to the DMV followed by my insurance company and finally my bank. Then the fun of changing all the other stuff begins.

Gold Member
    Jenessa, I wish I could have run straight through to the DMV. It would have made some things a little easier.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-20-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Post moved to different thread. Reference to old thread removed

So, it turns out I can get a new SS number. The decree I got says "Petitioner shall be entitled to apply for a new social security number and new drivers licence under this new name." Also states that a birth cert. shall be generated reflecting the new name and gender. I chose the stay with the same number but the clerk at the SSA office gave me the choice.