Thread: Lessons learned and new firsts.

Lessons learned and new firsts.

Last night I left the safety of my apartment as Karen. I was so excited and so scared. It was after dark and only to the post office but I did it. First steps are always the hardest but they are also our greatest victories.
    Besides I looked good!

congrats, karen. i'm sure you also felt good

Congrats Karen, you go girl!

Andrea I did feel good but about wet myself when a postman said hi when I opened my Po Box

Gone to live my life
    Hi Karen and congrats on your first steps out! Do be careful though when out and about alone at night.

Hugs

Isha

I will be Isha. I live in a community with 200000 soldiers I know how they are with people that are different. Love the flag

Good for you! Exciting.

Way to go Karen! It hasn't been that long since I took my first steps out of the closet into the shadows of night that I don't remember how thrilling it is! Its an important step and one you will never regret. Now when do we get together and hit the mall?

Now to progress by doing it a half hour earlier each time you do it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Now that you've got some practice, try a few daylight trips.

Before you know it, you'll be dancing through the mall yelling "Look at me! Look at me!"

Well, perhaps not.

Banned Read only
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step...

Well done

Platinum Member
    My first forays out into the world as Stephanie with the exception of Halloween was to mail a letter, return a library or get a free newspaper from a sidewalk box. Next came leisurely strolls in the early fall evenings. I became more concerned over my clicking high heels on those strolls. I switched to a lower heel with a deadening sole.

Congrats on that first big step. I, too, can remember all of my midnight strolls. They were, and still are, very exhilarating, to say the least. Eventually, though, at least for me, the cover of darkness gets a little old and is just not enough. Roll with the progression and see where it takes you. That's what I'm doing.

Way to go Karen, I remember my first time out (to wal-mart at night), it was the scariest and the most fun thing I've ever done in my life and I bet it was for you as well. Now that you've done it once, it will become more difficult to just stay home. Be careful and have fun.

How was it like in wal mart.

Good on ya' Karen. Going out is a massive thrill. I have done the 'night stalker' adventure and it was HUGE (to me anyway) even if it was in a very quiet seaside town at 3.30am, but nearly got busted by the cops. Story posted elsewhere in the forum)
    But as Isha says do take care, put a brick in your handbag for luck (lol)
    Amanda

Congratulations on your recent adventure!

There's a lot to be said for going out in daylight and to places where there are more people about. You'll be surprised at how little attention is paid to a fiftysomething woman in a shopping mall. People will glance at you, but there are far more interesting things to draw their attention away. Having more people around also gives you the opportunity to test the waters when it comes to interacting with others. Controlled interactions, such as those with salespeople, are a great way to break the ice.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]