Thread: Supported Husband / Unplanned Breast Growth

Supported Husband / Unplanned Breast Growth

This is my first post. I am a 52 crossdresser that has been out to my wife for over 8 years. We have teenage children and my dressing is limited to our bedroom or maybe around the house when everyone is not home. For a few years I was working from home and was able to dress for a limited time after everyone left the house. For me it is more erotically charged than a feeling I want to be a woman. Its the thrill of the dressing that gets me off.

I have underdressed with panties and a soft bra but that was limited to winter. My wife is very supportive and has bought me most of clothes (thrift shop finds) and a couple times a month I dress for/with her and we have sex of one form or another.

For about the same time I have been out to my wife, I have had terrible problems related to a vasectomy gone bad. I am the one in a million cases and had severe/debilitating scrotal pain. After 5 years of suffering, tests, antibiotics, pain medication, I had an epididymectomy which also went bad and I eventually had the problem testicle removed. After I recovered from the surgery, I had about 6 months of being relatively pain-free till similar problems started up in my remaining/healthy testicle. After suffering intense pain for another 5 months I had a vasectomy reversal and have been relatively pain free since. I have been taking medication for about 5 years to deal with prostatitis and frequency issues and have found it to be helpful. Over the past few months, I noticed that my chest has started to sort of develop breasts. In fact I feel a jiggle when I walk now. I am quite fit for my age and pretty slim but have underneath my soft breast (or fat) layer I have strong pectoral muscles. I attribute the development to lower testosterone from only one testicle, medication, my age and the fact I have been shaping my chest by wearing bras etc. I have used hard forms up to this point.

I have no plans to transition or to live as femme. I have a full beard and am happy being a man, but I find the feeling of small breasts to be exciting. I sort of figure that I deserve to be happy and if having small breasts makes me happy, then why not. My wife was recently away for a trip with our son I started to research male breast development and did some massages and even bought something but am hesitant to take it.

My wife came home today and I told her that I think I am developing breasts. I think I am 38B but she think I'm more like an A cup. She asked my if i planned to develop breasts or wanted to transition. I told her the truth that I don't want to live as a woman, but find the breast development exciting. I told her that I must have some level of gender dysphoria but I'm not really sure where it will take me. She said that if I didn't plan to develop breasts but have some now that I should enjoy them and not feel bad about it. I still want to do the massage because I like how it feels but want to be careful not to grow too much. Can I just be a male with small breasts? Does it matter? How much is too much? I'm excited but conflicted.
    Last edited by Nigella; 08-10-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: removed herbal references which are not permitted to be discussed

I'm 27 and have had very small breasts for years. Not really sure when they showed up exactly but I figure it was likely a product of fluctuating hormone imbalances during puberty. I believe it's called gynecomastia though I've never been diagnosed. I've long had a kind of love hate relationship with them. They're awesome for my gender dysphoria and wearing bras that actually fit without forms but a considerable source of embarrassment in guy mode. My mother once asked me if I wanted to look into getting them surgically reduced. The immediate NO that came out of my mouth should have clued me into the fact that I'm TG, might have been nice to have admitted that years ago.

Anyway, yeah you can get away with being a dude with small breasts. I've been doing it with just a bit of occasional light-hearted teasing for at least a decade now. If they get bigger than a B they will probably become extremely difficult to hide but you do have the legitimate medical excuse going for you. I do want a bit more way down the road, probably some low-dose HRT but that's a whole different animal from what you are talking about. I'd say do what makes you happy but don't push it too far if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences. You might also want to look into a good therapist if you really think you might have dysphoria. I intend to do that myself if I ever get back on health insurance.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Banned Read only
    Athena don't worry too much about it. as pect muscles weaken the tissue can turn fatty and appear to be breasts forming, of course some of it could be body chemistry with you operations.

I didn't take much notice of my chest until I shaved it and found I have a small cleavage, after checking my measurements and contacting Ultimo about bra sizing they said I could be wearing a 36B bra. With their OMG range fitted with gel enhancers I could be a 36D which would balance very nicely. I don't want to transition but the clothes do need the right shape.

I'm no expert but it seems to me that your breast growth is as a result of all the problems you have been having. The medication and the loss of a testicle plus the normal reduction in testosterone levels that comes with age. My attitude is to enjoy it not over analyse it. Many men our age develop small breasts. Being overweight can add to it. Mine are now a measured B cup but I've had small breasts for many years. I do have gender dysphoria so needless to say I'm happy about them. But I doubt that your pleasure in having boobs means you have suddenly discovered you have GD. It doesn't work like that. Unless you you've been suppressing it successfully all your life.

Just enjoy the extra dimension it adds to your dressing.

The biggest cause for some breast development is more likely related to the medication for frequency. Usually, once one testicle is removed, the other compensates for testosterone production under stimulation of the pituitary gland. Most meds for frequency have an anti testosterone property except for those that relax the bladder neck. You might wish to look up side effects of what you are taking. Better yet, just enjoy!

I hve lived with nubby little breasts for years.
    Just don't go to the beach much as a guy.
    Was okay once as a girl until my figure went south.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by athena23 View Post
    ... I noticed that my chest has started to sort of develop breasts.... I attribute the development to lower testosterone ...
    Well, I can tell you with 100% accuracy that this is not possible. Lack of testosterone is not the same as production of estrogen. Men have so little estrogen that breast development is not naturally possible. If you have low testosterone, AND you are not exercising then your muscle will atrophy and fat will begin to move in to the vacated area. Fat development on your chest is a major indicator of future heath issues. Please take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Well, I can tell you with 100% accuracy that this is not possible. Lack of testosterone is not the same as production of estrogen. Men have so little estrogen that breast development is not naturally possible. If you have low testosterone, AND you are not exercising then your muscle will atrophy and fat will begin to move in to the vacated area. Fat development on your chest is a major indicator of future heath issues. Please take care of yourself.
    Thanks for your concern. I'm not sure that I have low testosterone as my doctor has never mentioned it and I don't have any problems with strength, facial hair or getting or maintaining an erection. I have been exercising off and on my pecs are hard underneath the breast/fat growth. I have very muscular legs and my carry very little body fat. In fact, In fact my weight has been pretty stable for a number if years and I am at my lowest weight in 20 years. I am about 5.9 and weigh around 172 lbs. I mentioned in my original post but It was removed by an admin as I was unaware if the rules, but I have been using a common natural medicine for reducing prostate enlargement for over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    The biggest cause for some breast development is more likely related to the medication for frequency. Usually, once one testicle is removed, the other compensates for testosterone production under stimulation of the pituitary gland. Most meds for frequency have an anti testosterone property except for those that relax the bladder neck. You might wish to look up side effects of what you are taking. Better yet, just enjoy!
    Thanks I have looked up the side effects and yes, I am trying to enjoy but being closeted to everyone but my wife sometimes makes it harder to accept myself and the desire to dress or thoughts even though she accepts me for who I am.

I feel as we age, things began to sag a bit. Being in my late 50s now, I have developed small breasts, and an A-cup padded bra fits me quite nicely. I am not overweight and get plenty of upperbody exercise at my job and never go around shirtless.

I'm not sure about this. Your breasts will only get slightly bigger because of the estrogen in your body as you have a drop of testosterone in your body from removal of the testicle.
    If it was me I would get the other one removed as well.

Remember you are not taking any estrogen. So your breast size would not increase to B cup level.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

I think the culprit may be the natural prostate medicine. I've heard that is a side effect, since you are not taking any testosterone supplement.....my gynecomastia was caused by the testosterone iI was prescribed because of low levels of it...Have you been to any gynecomastia forum there is plenty of information on those sites, is interesting that in those places you found two kind of people the ones are proud of their man boobs and the ones that want to get rid of them by any means....Which one are you?

Barbara, I'm actually nervous and excited. I'm not even sure if I just have fat, but I don't think so. Being new around here, would it be appropriate to post a picture of my chest?

I have recently been doing some massage as well but only for a few days and that feels good both during and lingering afterwards. I chatted with my wife about ditching the forms (not very good) and get some properly sized bras and use what I got. They feel awesome when I walk and I can feel them jiggling a bit. Even today when we we're having sex my wife was playing with them because she knew I would like it.

But on a serious note, I've cross dressing and purging since I was a teenager. As I mentioned i have a full beard, that I started to grow along with my hair after my surgery after over 20 years of shaving my face and my head. I don't dress outside the bedroom unless no one is home for a while. I have underdressed a few times for the thrill of it but I'm only out to my wife and not my family including my two teenagers. So realistically, I would not want them to grow too big, which they shouldn't without more extensive intervention.

On the other hand, I just started a business with some very understanding and open folks so all going well maybe I can be more femme in the future. I also think that I really had a hard time of it (not that other people don't) and that I'm trying to live life to make me happy, take care of my family and make a difference while doing so.

Your breast development is most likely just a natural part of aging. But you can dream, can't you?

You mentioned prostatitus medication. I've been taking it for a number of years now, and have some nice boobs growing now, to the point that I keep my shirt on in the summer, around the family and friends. My doctor noticed it and said, "You have some breast growth now. And it does cause breast growth, but it takes a few years. Not gonna happen in a couple months.
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-11-2014 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Sorry - discussion of specific medication is prohibited

I think it might be worthwhile to investigate to determine the cause of the late-onset gynecomastica. It might be the medication, it might be the loss of testosterone from the removal of one testicle, and it might be something else. Sometimes gynecomastica is an indicator for an underlying health issue that may be serious.

Reality Check
    Several years back, one of my breasts started to grow. I went to my doctor and she examined it and sent me for a mamagram. Nothing was found and it stopped growing and pretty much faded away over the years. It's still just a little bit larger than my other one.

My suggestion to you is to do what I did, ask your doctor about the breast growth.

The growth has been more gradual over the past few years than sudden. During that time I have been more able to make cleavage with my own flesh above my forms mostly because the forms have a flat back and are not concave. My wife was away for about 10 days and I had more time to dress and focus on myself more than usual. I have been doing a lot of research and am still uncertain if it is gynecomastia or just shifting fat. It's only that I have been noticing it more lately. I have been doing casual breast massage only in the last week but I think that would not be having any effect this quickly. Either way, I'm not unhappy about it or particularly worried. I have a great relationship with my doctor who was amazing and unbelievably supportive during my lengthy battle with scrotal pain and would not hesitate to talk with him about it

The forums here are super interesting and I have read with great interest the post about moobs, breasts, men with beards wearing dresses etc trying to figure out where I fit in the spectrum. I have also been researching in other sites as well. This is something I never really have done before. Based on what I have read has left me with feelings that I'm different from other CDs who are dressing in femme outside of the house. But I'm not sure what I am other and what I really want. When asked by my wife if I wanted to live as a woman or be a woman I said no, which is what I really think. But I have no plans to stop dressing even though I am becoming consumed with my development. With some many men having gynecomastia and my background of scrotal issues that most of my friends and family are aware of my question now is, can I continue to present as male, dress at home and still have small breasts? Does it really matter to anyone but my wife and me? Will this force me to come out to others? Is that a bad thing? So many questions and feelings it can be all consuming and somewhat overwhelming.

Reality Check
    Unless you post photos, nobody can tell you if you can continue to present as male. My guess (without the photos) is that you will be just fine and if anyone comments, you can just tell them they are a result of your medical condition and medicine.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, you can be a man with small breasts. No it doesn't matter. It comes with age. Your breast look just like mine, and I never imagined that my breasts were unmanly.

In fact, it looks like manly pectoral muscles that you develop from doing push-ups. You do not need a bra, and you can rest assured that no one will think that you transitioning.

Sorry if this disappoints you.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Yes, you can be a man with small breasts. No it doesn't matter. It comes with age. Your breast look just like mine, and I never imagined that my breasts were unmanly.

In fact, it looks like manly pectoral muscles that you develop from doing push-ups. You do not need a bra, and you can rest assured that no one will think that you transitioning.

Sorry if this disappoints you.
    Thanks and not disappointed. Still enjoying what I have.

I have to support what Confucius said earlier, your chest doesn't look hugely different from mine either, and I'm pretty sure that mine is just slackening pectoral muscles through lack of gym work. It doesn't look to me like you have anything to either celebrate or be worried about...

And sorry to other members who follow this post and can't see the photo, you'll just have to trust me and Confucius that it all looks pretty normal

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I have to support what Confucius said earlier, your chest doesn't look hugely different from mine either, and I'm pretty sure that mine is just slackening pectoral muscles through lack of gym work. It doesn't look to me like you have anything to either celebrate or be worried about...

And sorry to other members who follow this post and can't see the photo, you'll just have to trust me and Confucius that it all looks pretty normal

Katey x
    Thanks and apologies for the photos. I did not read the rules but will be better behaved.

Athena,
    As MelanieAnne mentioned, the medication you are taking for prostatitis may be contributing to breast growth. I took finasteride for a misdiagnosed enlarged prostate for just a few months and noticed breast growth. I found another doctor who did a more thorough exam and determined that I did not have an enlarged prostate and I stopped taking finasteride and my breast growth stopped also. The finasteride had some other less welcome side effecta, so I was glad to give it up.