Thread: Okay, so I got "ma'amed" today... In drab !!!!

Okay, so I got "ma'amed" today... In drab !!!!

sorry, can't wipe the stupid grin off my face.... In speaking with one of the senior execs today, at the end of our conversation, she said "thank you ma'am"! So, a bit of context, she asked me to help her out with a few issues she is having with a team at a subsidiary. So, I outlined a plan and suggested a plan of attack for her, which she really liked. So we talked a bit about the details then we ended the conversation. That is when see ma'amed me.

Now, I have let my nails grow a bit, and have clear polish on my nails. I also noticed that recently I tend to have more female mannerism, that just happens without thinking. She is a killer fashionista, one of the most put together woman I know, all the time! I complemented her earlier in the morning on the great find of the dress she was wearing, and we chatted briefly about cloths.

So, it was probably Freudian on her part, certainly nothing diabolical about it. I said nothing and said "you are welcome" and returned to my office next door to hers. I am sure I am reading way to much into this, but I will take it!!!

Erin
    Last edited by Eringirl; 08-11-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Your aura was showing

Cool! Your true self shining through, no doubt!

Congrats.

I am a little cynical by nature. So i suspect she read your body language, and noticed your compliment of her dress and the ensuing conversation about clothes. She realized your probably on the feminine side of the spectrum and threw out the ma'am as a test. If your offended she misinterpreted. If not, you bask in the glow of being ma'amed.
    Since you accepted the feminine term i would expect more in the future.

Non-analytical approach: thats super cool she respected your gender expression! Good for you!

I think i prefer the non-analytical.... damn male brain, arrrrg!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Your aura was showing

Eringirl, I hope you enjoyed it. Best of luck.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats nice when it happens.