Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are all men crossdressers deep down?

are all men crossdressers deep down?

Good question!!

obviously we don't know the answer to that question and never will but its a interesting topic to discuss
    I just ask myself sometimes how many guys out there have cross dressed at least once just to try out of curiosity
    Or wonder did they like it ? How many times did they do it? Are there statistics out there? Like is 1 and 10 men cross dress 1 and 1000????? 1 and 10,000??? Or is your uncle a cross dresser?? How about the guy that served you coffee this morning at dunkin donuts does he slip on a black dress with 5 inch heels when he gets home?? Its crazy when you think about it we cross dress and yes some are private about it and some let the world know there loud and proud but the question remains does every men have that urge inside them?

I would guess that most men never even think about it. But I could be wrong ...

Banned Read only
    Lol, no. Most men are not cross dressers. Maybe 3% are.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I think it is an interesting thought. I totally disagree. But I think it is interesting.

I would suppose that what makes us who we are (transgender of some sort or other) is that it is totally natural to try on things of the opposite gender. I know to me it just was and not something I put a whole lot of thought into. So in imagining others, it might appear that it would be natural for anyone and everyone to have these same thoughts to some degree or other. But I believe that it just doesn't work that way.

We think of it because we are trans and they don't think of it because they are not.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie_393 View Post
    ...obviously we don't know the answer to that question and never will ...
    No, we know the answer. It is "no." We cross dressers are the unique ones. Most men don't even like going into the women's department of any store. Don't kid yourself.

Just an observation, was in a sports bar recently and made a bet to the SO that every GG that walked in, the guys would look down at there feet or shoes first . Boy was I right on. Most of the women entering was wearing nice heels or shoes, needless to say she lost the bet.
    Is every man programmed to pick up on sexy legs and heels? Does this make him curious what the other side is like?
    Is there something deep down that makes even the straightest of men wonder ?
    I guess!
    WKITnheels

I think for every crossdresser, there are many more men who think about it, but can't bring themselves to do it. Some men think it will make them gay. Others aren't too secure about their manhood. Most men are turned on by high heels, nylons, bras, and lingerie. To think we are the only ones who actually try those items on is a real stretch.

Going back to high school. How many superjocks dressed up as cheerleaders for homecoming? Happened every year at my school, what about yours? And I was the out of place dude?

I would say that the odds are bout 1 in 20 males are interested in wearing women's clothes. Most men if buying women's clothes are interested in their wife or girl friend to take them off.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

Banned Read only
    I think far too many responders are trying to justify a normalcy of sorts. Fear? Were we all not fearful of putting that first pair of underwear or dress or makeup? But we DID it. If you are a cross dresser, you will cross dress. If you are a "normal" guy, you won't. They have no interest. Why do men look at women's legs? Because we're men! Why do the jocks wear a cheerleaders out fit? As a joke. Ocher's razor kids.

Oh, and as Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Come on.

The Mad Scientist
    The famous Life cereal commercial....

"Try it...you will like it"

"If I want to crossdress, then surely others must have that feeling deep down as well, right?" LOL.. projecting much?

No, most men don't have this urge to crossdress (or fall anywhere in the whole range of T*-related things one can be/do). And no, wearing a kilt in Scotland or those white robes in the Middle-East don't count.

Stats on this are varying.. but the 1 in 10-20 seems to be most agreed on. So sure, it might be your mailman or stockbroker.. but more likely than not.. he's just a guy doing typically guy things never even thinking about crossdressing unless he's watching Tootsie. :P
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Gone to live my life
    I have to agree with most in that we (CDers) are a small percentage of the population. Now it is plausible that lots of men have tried a bit of the "old role play" at home with a SO as a sort of kink but that does not make them a CDer as it is done then no compulsion afterwards . . . just a bit of experimentation to spice things up Anyone can put on a Superman costume but that doesn't necessarily make them Superman.

Hugs

Isha

Aspiring Member
    At this point in time it's a very taboo social activity and honestly I think that means it's at the height of it's popularity. For every man who cross dresses for gender reasons, I'd bet there are at least one hundred who dress because it's 'naughty'. Bring in social acceptance and men wearing whatever they want and I'd bet your numbers grow smaller. Not bigger. Just a thought.

In relation to the original question, I'd say yes, most men have contemplated trying on the outfits women wear (mother of sons here so I've seen it all) and no, most don't form a long term habit or even try anything on in the first place. But nearly ALL heterosexual men notice women and what they wear and I'd bet my left leg on that. My H is the crossdresser, but I've had at least FIVE boyfriends prior to him who all had very serious opinions on what I wore. One even chose my outfits! None, as far as I know, we're crossdressers.

So is crossdressing a normal male thought process gone a little awry?? Yep, that's my guess. But complicating things is what we humans do and this is one very complicated activity!

Don't know about CDers but all men are 50% women on a genetic level if you want to get technical (XY). We know that all fetuses are female up to a certain development level when the Y chromosome acts to ensure a male. Don't know if that really explains anything but it sounds good anyway.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 08-15-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Surely just about everyone at some time or other will try to imagine what it would be like to be the other gender. After toying with the idea for a while the vast majority will drop the thought and move on. For me, and probably most trans people, that thought was accompanied by a deep sense of regret and longing, that I would never be anything other than my assigned gender.

And that thought wasn't just a 'one off', a childhood imagining, like being invisible, or living on Mars. It reoccurs countless times, every day for a lifetime, usually with the same vague sense of regret and longing.

Hi.

Kate,

At conception there is no boy or girl, and the myth of all are female is totaly wrong and male s are not 50 % female another myth ,or females are 50 % male its not the case ,

The program is set at conception what the baby will be unless there are details that are mismatched as i am intersexed , at conception .

You see i was not a female then change into a male then change to intersex it does not work like that fact is my conception program was then what i would be not min,s or hours or days or weeks later, or years for that matter . get rid of the dam myths and youll see what really does take place , at conception i was intersexed, thats it,

The myth was taken as what they thought was going on years ago the xrays did not show at those times the whole of the baby and what they thought they saw was as youv stated, is not correct,
    the info and detail of scaners shows a very different photo of what takes place at conception through is really interesting if ones mind is open to fact .......

And how would they know any way what the baby was , fact, they did not know they quessed, and got it very very wrong.....

oh well what do i know ...im the misfit here or mismatched one,....

...noeleena,,,

I'd say that most males don't. There is too much emphasis on being 'strong' and 'tough' which are fed to our kids growing up.

What they seem to miss is that being nurturing also requires strength. You can't give if you don't have it.

Being a CD/TS person inherently means that you are willing to shun those 'norms' in favor of being your inner self. So what if your genotype has nothing to do with your identity? Wear it, own it, live it!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Platinum Member
    ...................no
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A lot of men will take the opportunity to dress up as a woman if the context allows it. That doesn't make them crossdressers. I worked in an office for years and at Halloween once, a fancy dress basketball tournament was organised. We were talking about costumes to wear and I had no intention of dressing in women's clothes. But one guy said his Mother was involved in amateur dramatics and had a collection of French maid's costumes. I said no way but I was alone in that and all the guys were super enthusiastic about it and when I continued my objections it almost became a case that I wasn't man enough to dress as a woman! So I agreed eventually and in fact was sent out to the shop to buy six pairs of panti hose.

It was a fun night and I received a lot of compliments about my legs. In the photos all the guys looked like men in dresses except me. I overheard a comment to that effect from one of the guys.

Anyway I doubt if any of them ever crossdressed again. But they enjoyed the experience for what it was, a bit of harmless fun.

It's a pity crossdressing isn't always seen that way.

This is like the assertion by the gay community that all men are homosexual. It would be so much easier if we weren't the unusual ones, wouldn't it? Then we could look down our noses at everybody else instead of having to stand up for ourselves all the time. Ah, to hold authority and privilege over the others - how sweet the taste of blood.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

This is a hard issue to measure accurately, since many people actively deny their own true feelings, either our of habit or societal conditioning. If we accept as given that up to 10% of men may have homosexual desires, how many would you expect to admit this? All 10%? Even in our highly liberated society, i doubt that half would even admit to it, even in a fully blind and anonymous survey. The problem with surveys- some people refuse to tell the truth for a number of reasons, even out of sheer obstinance (to which Robert Heinlein and Samuel Clemens would applaud), so we'll never know for sure. But I am guessin we could narrow it down to an error ration of 1:2 to 1:5 at worst.

One blowhard I worked with a few years ago (heavy conservative, with all the trimmings, and rather hypocritical to boot- 3 marriages even though that was ostensibly against his church's beliefs, etc) tells the tale of a weekend spent crossdressed. Now this guy would be the first to decry any attempt at his kid's (public) school to present cd/tg/ts as being 'normal' for some people, so for me, this guy (and his story) represents a bit of overcompensation for being too straight-laced, so I discount this kind of one-off event.

So to answer the question "how many men (or people) actually have crossdressed at least once in their lives- heck, i'd bet money on way more than 10%: I would think (for the previous and other reasons too lengthly for me to spend time typing in now) between 30% and 50% of men (limited to within what I'll call our 'Western Society'). Now, how many have true and regular feeling of transvestitism and/or transsexuality? Again, my highly unscientific gut estimate would be between 0.5% to 2.0%.

Let me also limit the 0.5-2.0% to not include men who simply like looking at women dressed nice or in sexy outfits. IMO- a (or girl) guy can pick up his lover's shucked off sexy dress (or shirt & pants) and look at it fondly without any true cd/ts feelings. Even holding it up to their body to see what it would look like, or even just trying the clothes on. But this is not the same as wanting to look good in the dress- at that point, it is the female association of the dress (or male association of shirt and pants for the F to M cd) that is attractive- that is to say the desire is to adopt or adapt a measure of the opposite sex.

Clothing fetisishism of the opposite sex kind of straddles the line in my definieitons of the true CD/TS and that of the 30-50% of men who have tried on a female piece of clothing at some time- I'd wager 5%-20% of men have a significant fetish for a particular item of female clothing, without the full desire to wear and live in such.

That's my 2 cent's worth, with about 97% confidence... :-)

(I am not a crossdresser, I am very happy when I put on a bra, breastforms, pantyhose, and slip into a nice Kensie dress for the day or evening.)

Banned Read only
    Projection: taking our own internal attitudes and beliefs and ascribing them as the motives of others, assuming that others must feel as we do.

I'm a big one for grey (especially when it's a cashmere top... ) but in this case I find myself aligned with Jennifer's absolutist 'no'.

It would be crazy if we all had exactly the same urge... in fact I suspect it would be an extremely dystopian world (more along the lines of Vonnegut and Orwell than Heinlein, Krististeph.. )

We are unusual, relatively rare, and distinctly weird to the world of muggles... and I think Tinks has it right where the fetish CDers outnumber the GD/TG types by an order of magnitude or two...

On the one hand it can be nice to be exceptional, but on the other it can mean being an irrelevant minority... Oh well, que sera, sera...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Clothing fetisishism of the opposite sex kind of straddles the line in my definieitons of the true CD/TS and that of the 30-50% of men who have tried on a female piece of clothing at some time- I'd wager 5%-20% of men have a significant fetish for a particular item of female clothing, without the full desire to wear and live in such.
    I think a lot of boys have used lingerie or undergarments as an aid to masturbation, but never became CDs. Of course there's no proof. This is only conjecture based on evidence I've found personally.