Thread: Preparations to Mark Anniversary

Amazing Member

Preparations to Mark Anniversary

Later this year, I will mark the completion of ten years of counselling therapy and specialized treatment for transgenderism,including working on full sex change. Serious problems have.beensince encountered due to it taking so long, lasting well into the age when you can expect complications start to be a much higher risk, ( -- . I am beginning to feel that treatment delayed is treatment denied.

I have only one question though: How do I mark this anniversary? I don't think a celebration is quite appropriate. But getting real drunkin order to to forge my problemst, seems even less wise.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 10-04-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    NOTICE: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT You DO NOT have MY permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or ANY forum posts both current and future. If you have DONE THIS or do IT, I MAY consider IT a violation of my rights to privacy and it may as a result, even be the subject of the appropriate action, including steps permitted under the law involving courts and lawyers. Why not ask for my approval and permission first?

Platinum Member
    If celebration isn't the right tone, then it seems "observation" might be more appropriate for the event. We each mark milestones in our lives, and with every passing year, certain days stand out...good and bad. So have an observation, reflect on all that you've experienced and in some cases endured to become the person you are today. Best wishes on this occassion.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I see that you are channeling your inner Virginia Prince - and creating an occasion where none is. How is a ten year anniversary for counseling therapy and "specialized treatment for transgenderism" an occasion or even an anniversary of any note. It just baffles me to no end.

And by the way transgenderism, or transgenderist is one who lives the life of the opposite sex but prefers to stay the birth sex.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Amazing Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Martin View Post
    I see that you are ... creating an occasion where none is. .
    Maybe you are right. I always find your advice, though hard to take, is honest and comes right off the top of your sharp mind.
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 10-04-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    NOTICE: Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects or any other reasons, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT You DO NOT have MY permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or ANY forum posts both current and future. If you have DONE THIS or do IT, I MAY consider IT a violation of my rights to privacy and it may as a result, even be the subject of the appropriate action, including steps permitted under the law involving courts and lawyers. Why not ask for my approval and permission first?