Thread: Interesting News Story

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)

Interesting News Story

Hi All,

I thought you might find this story interesting. In my state (Massachusetts) there has been something all over the news for the last two days. There is a town (somewhere near Boston) it is called Saugus. Well apparently the high school there has a talent competition every year called "Mr. Saugus" Well guess what....a GIRL has entered the all male competition complete with white tux and pink bow tie!!! Good for her. She said she just wants to do it because it seems fun and to break discriminatory barriers.

Another step forward....all the news people were commenting "good for her and good luck to her" Maybe SLOWLY but surely things could begin to change. If a high school girl can do it why can't a male enter a female talent contest.

Just some food for thought.
    Take care!!
    Last edited by Anita Mae GG; 01-20-2006 at 02:28 PM.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

I hope she wins.

Hopefully there will be no backlash from the small minded people.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Had Not Heard This!

I am from a town that borders on Saugus, I had not heard this. I will see if I can get anymore info to report from friends that I have in Saugus...

Here is the story

http://www.boston.com/news/education...ys_beauty_bid/

C
    Last edited by cmiller1031; 01-20-2006 at 02:25 PM.

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    CMiller,
    It has been all over the channel 4 news for the last two days. I heard it again at 5:30 this morning and thought it was interesting. Try checking out the 4 and 5 o'clock news casts.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Thanks

I usually watch Channel 25 Morning News, I am stunned that they did not pick it up. I wonder if we hear if she wins!

I guess that I need to watch the news more often. When is the Mrs. Saugus contest, I'll be there for that.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Boston Public

There was an episode of Boston Public where a teen boy was running for queen canidate at there annual dance. He was a TV, always wearing girl clothes to school. The school never told he couldn't wear these clothes, but when the girls complained about his nomination again the school felt it couldn't discriminate. The night of the dance he showed up in a beautiful gown. Jeri Ryan from ST:Voyager had recently joined the cast and in the show was so supportive. As she watched the kid enter, started to shed tears and commented to another teacher how a moment like this (refering to grand enterences no doubt)always brings a tear to her eye. The boy won by the way and was excepted by the school. Maybe a little to easily wrapped up, but a nice episode.

Tear Down These Barriers !

Good for her. I hope he wins. I once read about this TG who was so convincing that she nabbed a contract to model ladies underthings. And has appeared in numerous shots for lingerie ads. I don't know the name however. There seems to have been some clause not to divulge this person's gender. Doe's anyone remember this happening in the late 80's-early 90's? Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Darlena
    Good for her. I hope he wins. I once read about this TG who was so convincing that she nabbed a contract to model ladies underthings. And has appeared in numerous shots for lingerie ads. I don't know the name however. There seems to have been some clause not to divulge this person's gender. Doe's anyone remember this happening in the late 80's-early 90's? Love & kisses,
    I think your talking about Caroline Cossey, (also known as Tula) who went on to have a part in a Jame Bond film before she was eventually outed in the press.