Thread: Nice daytime surprise yesterday

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Nice daytime surprise yesterday

My GF does volunteer work for St. John Ambulance and most of the time, she helps out on the weekends. (In fact, it's during these long hours of volunteering that I most often do my dressing, otherwise it's when she is in bed.) Anyways, yesterday she had booked two events to volunteer at, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. With an hour break in between. I didn't actually know that she would be coming home in between shifts. So, just as I was finishing up getting dressed, she comes home.

She then tells me that she's going to be working until midnight, but doesn't want to bring her car because she needs to return the ambulance and the equipment after the event. So, to get to the point, she wanted me to drive her to the event in about an hour. So she asks me, 'will you be done your hobby by then?'. I promptly said 'no, I'm just getting started'. Then she paused for a few seconds... before she had a chance to say anything else, I jump in with 'Well, if you have no problem with me driving you dressed like this, then yes, I will drive you'.

She thought about it for about 5 seconds. "Sure, just drop me off near the library". Which was about one block from where she needed to be.

For a brief moment, I thought to myself 'Do I really want to do this?....YES. I haven't been out during the day (even just in the car) in YEARS'.

So we get in the car, uneventful, no neighbors were outside when I got in the car (our driveway backs out onto the visitor parking lot, and it's very common to see people walking through, or kids playing). Nothing. As we are pulling out of the parking lot, she then says, 'I want to stop at McDonalds to pick up something to eat before I start the next shift'. I respond with, 'well, I'm not going through the drive-thru'. 'Yeah..that might be awkward, just park and I'll go in'.

We get to the lot, I found a spot near the back of the lot and parked. While waiting a mini van parks two spots over from me, and appeared to be in a similar situation. He pulls in, his wife (or whomever) gets out and heads into the restaurant. While I was sitting there, I took a quick glance over at the driver. I then realized that he was already looking at me (we made eye contact for a quick second). He was two spots over, on my right, and so had a clear sight line out of his window, straight into my car. Since minivans usually have a slightly higher seating position than cars, he probably was able to see from my head down to at least my hips.

Upon making eye contact, he made no obvious facial expressions, and after about 1 second, just looked away like he saw nothing unusual. I did pretty much the same. Then my GF gets back in the car, and we drive away. As I'm driving past the van, I look at him again. He made no glances toward me. So we left and I continued to drive to the library.

We get there, I drop her off, and then drive home. On the way there, I was relaxed, we were talking...I was calm. Once she got out of the car, however, I felt...different. Alone. And starting thinking more about the other drivers around me. But I didn't let it get to me, I was enjoying the experience. I just kept a smile on my face and went about my business.

Same as when we left, there was nobody around when I returned home...Perfect. All together, the whole trip only took about 30 minutes, but I felt so energized when I got home. Wow, I forgot how exciting something as trivial as driving a car (during the day) while dressed can be.
    Last edited by Tracy Hazel Lee; 08-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr