Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween Ideas?

I have always wanted to be batgirl, I don't know what it is about her that makes me want to duplicate it so bad but I have failed again and again because everything you need just isn't out there. Last year I bought the 1966 batgirl costume, which cost a good chunk of change, and it was so horrible I didn't even finish trying it on before I had it back in the box and back in the mail.

I did do one of those "sexy" lady flash costumes last year but I didn't like how it looked on me at all. This year I am not going to waste my time.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That's so funny. I really wanted to be bat girl last Halloween. I don't know why either; it just seemed really great. I didn't have the courage last year. I hadn't fully dressed at all and wanted to try that for my first time. Maybe that's what I should do this year. I sort of forgot about that until I read that post. Thanks Joanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I really am looking forward to Halloween this year. Last year I was a Iceland Air Stewardess. If you ever have flown Iceland Air you'd know why!

I'd like to be a celebrity female this year, a few years ago I missed the opportunity to dress up as Sarah Palin. Politics aside I love her fashion.

Her star has faded and I am looking for ideas another iconic public person????

Any Ideas sister???????
    Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Clinton?

Nancy's easy, just a skirted suit, and Hillary is her infamous pantsuit.

I'm going as Howard stern as a catholic school girl with pleated red mini school skirt with white ruffle blouse with matchin red tie & hat white over the knee socks with bows & white lacey bra with white lacey nylon thong 1 match&black high heels.

I was able to buy a Dorothy dress the other day, it looks good but I don't want to be the 1001st Dorothy out there this year.
    I am still undecided. I think I will go with the flow considering I don't know where I will be on Halloween.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'll be passing out treats as Cassandra. So I guess I'll be a middle-aged woman or a cougar. I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't notice at all.
    man, i feel like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by cotton panty man View Post
    I'm going as Howard stern as a catholic school girl with pleated red mini school skirt with white ruffle blouse with matchin red tie & hat white over the knee socks with bows & white lacey bra with white lacey nylon thong 1 match&black high heels.
    Ahhh, Howard Stern.... He's one of a kind... You kids remember this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesO_5zO3cs Start watching at 1:25, that's when it gets ummm... interesting?

Silver Member
    It was a 2013 movie but Amy Adams or Jennifer Lawrence in American Hustle were beyond hot! Great wardrobe and even better hair! You can Google popular female celeb over ....age too for ideas.

A link to young ones but

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059672179/

Enjoy and remember it is the subtle little things that make a great costume. The right shade of nail color or a perfect bracelet or watch....

Quote Originally Posted by 6inchheels View Post
    That's so funny. I really wanted to be bat girl last Halloween. I don't know why either; it just seemed really great. I didn't have the courage last year. I hadn't fully dressed at all and wanted to try that for my first time. Maybe that's what I should do this year. I sort of forgot about that until I read that post. Thanks Joanne.
    Your welcome, I guess lol If your going to do the "sexy" batgirl then your in luck because they are all over the place but if you want an authentic Batgirl your going to be disappointed all over the place. It's so hard just to find the cowl alone let alone any other things you may need. Of coarse if you skilled enough and creative, you can make one but that's just not me
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I think I'm going to do a female Green Lantern. Black tights, stiletto boots, and a green turtleneck leotard. I can get the mask and a glowing ring online.

Silver Member
    When I used to dress for Halloween I always wanted to wear real women's clothes not a women's Halloween costume from the rack. I have been Devil in a Blue Dress (homemade high heeled sneakers, alligator hat (alligator fabric...) Zsa Zsa Gabor when she hit the cop, Kristi Yamaguchi for milk....The best thing about Halloween is you can be what YOU most want to be. Enjoy to all who get to be who they want to be!!

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Hoping to pull off Sonny and Cher this year. My wife's idea - and a good one.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Paula,

I'm thinking you have too much class for a Sara Palin, but she seems to still be relevant, for those of us who remember the golden years of the 50's TV shows and everyone's favorite mom, June Cleaver. Her iconic attire is to die for.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Madilyn A.; 10-10-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: need to add a photo...
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Has anyone ever gone as a woman dressed as a male character?

haha, certainly I had a female friend who was steward in Icelandic air...my gosh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I really am looking forward to Halloween this year. Last year I was a Iceland Air Stewardess. If you ever have flown Iceland Air you'd know why!

I'd like to be a celebrity female this year, a few years ago I missed the opportunity to dress up as Sarah Palin. Politics aside I love her fashion.

Her star has faded and I am looking for ideas another iconic public person????

Any Ideas sister???????

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Flo from Progressive.
    I went out two years ago as Flo....had a great time. Sure wished Flo wore skirts or dresses though.
    Last edited by NV Susan; 10-10-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Emma peel!!!!!
    il_340x270.317953384.jpg

Oh! Miss Peel! Man, I had a thing for Diana Rigg as a teenager.

I am going to a party, and I have the option of dressing at work too, I want to go the party in a skirt, at least, even if not dressed. It's a good opportunity to introduce some more of my friends to the fact that I like skirts. I don't know if I want to wear a costume, or just wear something a bit fancier than I wear around the house. I found a dress at the thrift store, very plain, could pass for a medieval style tunic, I have some orange tights, to begin the Halloween theme, but don't know what else to do. Any thoughts?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Sue and I spent a week working in a vineyard in Napa (but not Claire...). So we are going as vineyard denizens -- she'll be the vineyard cat, and I'm planning to be the Goddess of the Grapes -- purple dress, 3" grape cluster earrings and lots of grapevine cluster (headdress, necklace, belt).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club