Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is big belly the biggest obstacle for most male cross dressers?

Is big belly the biggest obstacle for most male cross dressers?

We all know men and women have very different body shape and structure by nature. I think most real cross dressers want to have a body like woman but it's quite hard to have breasts and hips like woman. This is something we can't control because it's unlikely to only build fat to hips and breasts. If you ask me, I am a fat guy with big breasts and hips. I could be a sexy girl if I don't have the fat waists. I have been doing exercises and eating less for months and seeing the results. I don't have any real diet plan but my only strategy is to eat less. My only motivation is to think to be a woman and hate my fat belly. But I think I can't only lose belly fat without losing fats on breasts. Somebody said I've already got very nice hand because my upper arm is very small. (only 28cm round size). I think it's hard to have my legs reduced because even if I don't workout with my arms, I have to walk a lot every day so it's really hard to have my thigh size reduced, isn't it? So, to be more 'proportional' throughout my body, I should workout for bigger arm, (should I?)

As for hips and breasts, I can use those silicone fakes, but I don't think it's healthy to compress my fat belly with corsets and this cannot last long.

So, Is big belly the biggest obstacles for most male cross dressers?

Yes, it is for me -- discounting my wife's discomfort with possibly having to answer friends' questions about my alter ego if I were to be more public. I'm only 10 to 15 pounds over my ideal weight at 5'9" and 178 lbs, but most of the extra is in my belly. I like food too much to develop a feminine waistline. So as Popeye says "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam." I wish I could look like an attractive woman but that's what my imagination is for.

I look pregnant. But that maybe a plus to all this. If I remember right, when my wife was pregnant, she didn't move very lady like. Perhaps I should be shopping at Modern Maternity.

joni

Not so much anymore, but it's because I've dumped about 55 pounds since last September. I'll give you a hint: cut out the simple carbs and sugar, increase your fat intake (70% fat & 30% protein or thereabouts) and the weight will fall off of you for awhile, and then taper off to 1 to 1.5 pounds a week weight loss. It's called the Keto diet, and it requires no exercise (although exercise is good, you'll lose faster but it's not "required") and you really don't have to give up much except for prepackaged junk foods that are bad for you anyway.

Go to Youtube and look up Gary Taubes' ("Why We Get Fat") lecture at Ohio State Medical, and then Dr. Robert Lustig's lecture at UCal San Francisco called "Sugar: The Bitter Truth" to get an idea of what is going on in your body. This has seriously turned my life around because a lot of the medical problems I was suffering from all vanished about a month into this diet, and I haven't felt this good since I was in my mid-20s. Inbox me if you want more resources on Keto - they're all easily accessible on the web, lots of recipes and information sites.

~Melissa in West Texas
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Many women my age have belly fat too. So I am working on my weight for health reasons, not just appearence.

Hello Kenny,

For me it is the only thing at this point that I need to reduce. I can only speak from my own experience going forward here.

I have a diet that I heard on the radio one day driving to work. I hit the scale that morning and was 263 and I said something has to change here. The start of a diet I heard on the radio was if you cut out bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, soda that you will lose weight. I started and it started working like 5 lbs a week for the first few and then about 2 lbs a week after that. I hear this works better for guys than woman. I did some research and found that if you keep your carbs under 100 a day that you will lose roughly 2 lbs a week. It's tough cause really you can only eat Meat like Pork , Chicken, Beef and most fish then I always eat with a green veggie fresh is better cause some of the processing adds sugar which relate to carbs. Also cheeses if they are unprocessed are low in carbs and cottage cheese isn't too bad. It makes you get creative I started going to the store and cheking all the labels before I buy and adding up how many carbs per serving and how many servings in the container so that I could monitor the intake. Also there is alot of carb info online for restaraunts, I usually would order the meat and veggies and for the other side would just have them double up on the veggies.

You will start dropping fairly quick and don't have to starve cause you can eat all of the meat and veggies you want almost. If you do eat bread rice potatoes or pasta then eat the wheat or brown ones these have fiber and are called complex carbs that do not process straight to fat but watch your amount of intake a day. Your body still needs carbs but eat the healthier ones. For potatoes I eat sweet potatoes if I'm going to have them. The biggest killer I had was soda if you look at the carbs in one can it is a whole days worth on this diet cause of the sugar. I drink water, powerade zeros, diet cokes or sprite zeros once in awhile when I want a soda and if I have any beer it the low carb ones. Once you get where your going and start making progress you can pick a day of the week to eat whatever you want and then kick your diet back in the rest of the week.

I can again only suggest what has worked for me and also a coworker of mine that started when he saw what I was doing and he lost more weight than he thought was possible. Yes you will lose in your legs but your excercise walking all the time should also build more muscle and tone it up.

Im sure people have there pro's and con's of this diet but I only suggest as it works for me and you say you do not have a plan. Just eating less is effective to a point but it's more about controlling whats going in and how your body processes it. So you will feel much better with a plan that works for you

by the way I was 263 a year ago and now im at 203 trying to get to 195 or 190 but to keep with the point of this and your thread the only thing i need to decrease is the belly as I am fine everywhere else I might need to add an excercise in here at this point. I was a size 42 when I started and now wear a 34 it also did not take me a year to lose that but I have went off an on the diet over time. I'd say I lost 55 lbs in 6 months. Also keep in mind everyone is different and their body's will process different but you will see results

Just my 2 cents

Yes pretty much the same thing as Melissa said summed up cut out the SIMPLE carbs! Sounds like we made similar progress at 55 lbs each. I'm pushing hard right now to be down 70 lbs but it flattens out to a point and I gotta find a way to kick start it again!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 08-20-2014 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think we all feel that way but when I had a big belly it didn't stop me from dressing and going out in public.
    Pick the right clothes for you body type and have fun.

Banned Read only
    worry about your health first and not where you'd like to "keep" fat. Too much fat is bad for anyone. Rather than concentrate on weight, the real metric is body fat %. "Moobs" are a bad thing and directly correlated to heart health issues. Lose the fat and be healthy.

I have a belly. It is only an obstacle to sitting comfortably in the booths at some restaurants.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Silver Member
    Plenty of "real women" have big bellies. They are not any less a woman than a woman with a really tiny waist.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
    My only motivation is to think to be a woman and hate my fat belly.
    That is not thinking like a woman, it is thinking like someone who will develop an eating disorder. If you think trying to lose some weight is hard, try recovering from an eating disorder. If you want to lose weight, do it the right way, spending time and energy hating your body is not going to help.

If you make yourself proportional, being large is not an obstacle to passing as a woman (use proportionally large breast forms and rear padding.) The biggest obstacle is hiding a bread shadow, if one is affected by that.

Aspiring Member
    (Big sigh!) I have a big belly too. I'm 6'-2" and 210# and it has all settled in my stomach. I wish I could move it around. I suppose exercise and walking would help. I don't eat that much. Today I'm spending the day wearing a maxi dress and really look like I'm ready to deliver a baby anytime. (I actually loved the look below my breasts! It was like an affirmation of my feminity.) But I had to change and go and mail a letter. I kept my bra and forms on and slapped on a T-shirt. My D forms hardly showed compared to my belly. What a dilemma! But a nice one in some ways!

Cheryl

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Wray View Post
    ...gotta find a way to kick start it again!
    The Keto "fat fast" usually kicks me over a plateau. It's where you spend a day or two doing as close to 100% fat intake as possible. I usually use cream cheese and my "fat bombs" that I make. Coconut oil is key, the MCTs in them keep hunger away. I usually wait about two weeks or so to make sure my weight loss has really plateaued, and then I break though it with the fat-fast.

Even if it wasn't for the amazing weight loss, I'd stay with this diet anyway. The fact that I no longer battle insomnia or many other medical issues is enough to keep me on it. I fought insomnia for over 20 years, most nights not even getting 2 hours sleep. About a month after starting Keto I started sleeping all the way through the night (except for my 3:30AM wake up to go to the bathroom). I fall asleep easier, wake up feeling better. The health benefits alone of this diet are amazing.

~Melissa in West Texas
    ~Linebacker Melissa

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I've lost quite a bit of weight over the last couple of years through portion control and exercise, but it's a constant battle. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll always be "big," and a belly kinda goes along with it. I manage to create some semblance of a feminine figure with Spanx and Squeem, and strategic padding to balance things out top and bottom.

Thanks again Melissa, that's what I need cause im at the 2 week mark now and haven't lost another pound. But I did drop 60 pounds all together now so I will try that out so I can pull off the last 10 or 15

yup, my biggest complaint is my stomach!! I need a lil more butt and hips, my legs are good to go!

Yes, the big belly is a pain. I look OK from the front (to me at least ) but when I turn to the side ... oops! So I don't turn to the side in front of the mirror. I'm working on it though.

Others have discussed the weight loss thing, both for better looks and for better health, but it still remains that we are guys and most of us have features that are an obstacle to achieving the perfect feminine look. So we do what we can, and live with the rest of it. What I try to do is focus on the things that make me look and feel feminine instead of the things that don't. In particular, the clothes, the wigs, the makeup, the pantyhose, shoes, jewelery, painted nails, etc. I have learned to see what I like to see and what drives me to crossdress in the first place.

I find my bigger problem to be shoulders more than anything else. Stupid swimming. Anyway I got my weight down to 198 lbs at six foot two. All I really do is portion control and cardio. The portion control is the hardest part though. Still working on that last 12 lbs or so

Any motivation to get healthy is good. As other girls have said
    we girls have bodies that store things differently. But there are a lot
    of different shaped GG's out there.
    Char

I'd say facial features are the biggest obstacle, because those are hard to change with a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Hmmm I've got rather a belly but I'm on the case to reducing it. I think it's best to accentuate your best bits and cover your worst bits. A belt high on the waist and standing up straight can make a big difference to reducing the effect of the big belly IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jonithan View Post
    I look pregnant. But that maybe a plus to all this. If I remember right, when my wife was pregnant, she didn't move very lady like. Perhaps I should be shopping at Modern Maternity.
    joni
    HA HA! I've been told the same thing. So do any of us with this problem wear maternity clothes? (But geez ... a pregnant 70-year old...???)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

My belly is a hamper for me mostly in the sense that I cannot get the cloths I want. Some things are just not available in XL. My thing is fitness I need to get out an exercise. I think once I get to exercising the weight will come off.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I agree that a big belly is annoying, but that can be changed more easily than facial features or wide shoulders. Then there is that loss muscle mass as we age.

I'm part of weight loss group. I started at 215, now at 175, with10 pounds to go, all done with portion control.

I don' t allow my big belly to get in my way! If you look around closely, there are plenty of GG's out there who have a large belly (many never recover form child bearing) and who are able to disguise their belly with the proper dress. Most wear clothes without belts or sashes around the waist and which drape from their boobs down. I went to a thrift store recently to buy several outfits that I thought would achieve this end and was quite successful. At 70 yrs old, I dress to blend in with other women my age and it's not unusual to see them in peasant tops and blouses that don't tuck in to their skirt or slacks! THis works for me - while I, too, am attempting to lose weight around the middle. The weight goes away, alright, but not around my waist!

Another thing I happened on while at the thrift store was the wonders of a nice maternity skirt! They have an elastic portion that covers your gut and the part below the waist looks like any other skirt. This gives me the feeling of having some control around my belly while still appearing ladylike! Try it and you will love it!