Thread: Here we go.. Could be longish.

Gone

Here we go.. Could be longish.

Hello again everyone,

I have recently applied (by drinking Guinness) for the 'Longest Lurker' title. At least in my state. Ok, my county. My town? Ok, for sure I've got it on this computer and no one can take that away!
    I'm going to try to make this 'information dense', so please ask if you have questions. I'll start by correcting a name chosen in haste. My name is not Renae, it is Thea. I will continue to use the same account as I am not site sophisticated enough to change it.

When I signed into this site the first time, I was a newly aware crossdresser. (So I thought). I was also a newly discovered crossdresser, thanks to clothes washing in the basement laundry while intoxicated. You see, I was raised by an adamant feminist. I learned to sew, do laundry, cook (very well thank you.), clean house and iron, as well as helping with my sister. I have always ironed and pressed for my family/partners as I am very good at it. So, wife out of town, I wash, dry and fold the laundry while dressed, (never sexual since age 3). Having some wine, cooking for the coming weeks' lunches, finish up, clean up, go to bed. Next week, wife hands me a pair of black stretch capris. (She wears them a lot.) Not hers, not her size, why were they in her drawer? Whose are they? Ummmm. Mine. Here we go. Therapist (with gender training, quite helpful), Tri-Ess meetings; didn't seem right for me, or her, all the usual questions... Uncomfortable realizations.

After ~20 years (no children this time), divorce (still friends); but she's not a lesbian and I am. So, on we go...

I cannot express how good it feels to let go of the hiding and the false foundation for a human life. To come out to the members of my family and know the ease of not putting on a mask every day!

I cannot express the sorrow of losing all I have lost and that which I have yet to lose. To hear the anguish of members of my family as I figuratively 'kill' the person they know and love.

I have chosen not to get involved in the labeling and polling of favorite panty colors, as those topics hold little interest for me. I now know, and accept that I am TS. I will die in the physical form of a female, having lived the second half of my life as a woman. I also know that if you are comfortable with being a crossdresser and value your time as a man, you have many options and I truly hope you can ultimately be out, happy and supported. Please do not envy the seeming greenness of the grass over here; if you do not need to make this trip, I would advise against it. I also, having so far survived my trial by fire, would have to acknowledge that I am happier and more at ease in my own skin than I have ever been.

I have learned to live as a woman, rarely ever get misgendered (age and theater experience helps). I have re-discovered some goals that now seem achievable, because I've had to let others go. I experience larger swings in my mood and outlook, which I see as a good thing because it indicates a life lived and more activity. I find it more difficult every day to use the male voice or wear a shirt with the buttons on the wrong side. None of my suits are cut for breasts or hips either and estrogen works very well on me. Ah well, into every life a little rain must fall.

I hope to meet others around Denver and Colorado, as a girl can never have too many friends.

To my TS/TG/CD sisters, I thank you for your input and discussion over the last years, I have learned much; to the GGs/SOs here, I wish the best for you. May you all get the answers you seek, the honest and loving engagement of every human here and in your individual worlds, have the comfort and security we all deserve.

All my best,

Thea

Platinum Member
    Hi Thea, I wish you all the happiness that you seek and that your paths in your
    life's journeys be covered with ROSE PETALS & SUNSHINE .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Renae,

I am glad to hear you have found who you need to be and wish you well on your journey.

Hugs

Isha

Thea, thanks for telling your story. I hope that your road ahead is smoother that some have related on this forum. I'm also glad that you have come to know who you are and can accept the consequences as well as the positives.

Hugs, Bria

Thanks for sharing, Thea. I'm glad that although your transition wasn't easy, that you are happy with the result.

Junior Member Miss Interpretation's Avatar
    Thea,

It seems like you've definitely given this a ton of thought and time to come to this decision. There's only one thing left to say: good luck!

I hope you have a very happy and eventful second half of your life!

Hi Thea: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry for your losses, but happy for you that you have found the inner peace that so many are looking for and that some never find. Best of luck on the rest of your journey, live your live and may you be content.

Erin

Thea
    Thank you for your post. I too have started down the road to becoming the woman I was meant to be. I agree that. If I could I would get off at the crossdresser stop. Please don't feel alone and do keep us posted.
    Suzanne

Thea, thank you from coming out from lurking to share. I feel the pain you have endured, reading between the dense lines of your prose. My heart goes out to you and I wish you all peace and happiness!

Don't be a stranger here.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!