Thread: Formal dress fitting

Formal dress fitting

I went out this a.m. and made an appointment for a formal dress fitting that I plan on using at a later date. I figured this was a good time since lots of shops have sales on at the moment. I arrived at the store fully underdressed w/forms and ladies clothing light makeup but no wig. What I would like to find out from others who have done this type of thing is the following.
    1. What type of foundation garments are most needed and appropriate for fitting. (5ft 9in,190 lbs)
    2. do you normally tip a fitter?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello Shelley

I am sorry I do not have answers for you...I just wanted to say what a wonderful thing to do and I hope I get to the point that I can do that. I would imagine tipping is appropriate at it is for hair, nails....anything with personalized service. Best of luck...I look forward to hearing how the experience goes...

xox

julie

Platinum Member
    Hi Shelley, You want to wear what ever gives you that great feminine figure.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    The only formal dress fittings I have had is with my costumer when I was fitted for two hoop skirt outfits, an old lady's dress for Mrs. Bates for Halloween and also for my fabulous Duchess gown.

It was fun.

But I would not to do this at a department store!