Thread: Pharmacy Tech thought I was my wife when I picked up prescriptions for her

Pharmacy Tech thought I was my wife when I picked up prescriptions for her

Last night I went to Walgreens to pick up some pharmaceutical items for my wife. As usual I had on lipstick and eye makeup. Other than that I was wearing a plain navy blue colored T-shirt, jean shorts, and men's sandals. I made no effort to raise the pitch of my voice but I have learned to soften it.

I was served by a new technician whom I never saw before. I said I was picking up items for <wife's name>. She gathered the items. Among the items was a package of Albuterol Sulfate used for respiration therapy. The tech asked me if the doctor showed me how to use the item. I told her it was for my wife and the tech gave me a look of surprise.

So I guess I no longer pass very well as a man.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Dear Johanna, Did you feel happy when the technician mistook you as a lady? Please give your input regarding your feelings.

It was more a feeling of curiosity rather than being ready to jump up and down with joy. I did not make any effort to try to pass as a genetic woman, especially with the voice (I am a basso profundo). On the other hand, I do have long hair and have C cup breasts along with hips which I had since puberty.

Johanna Anna

Aspiring Member
    Johanna,
    I can have a deep voice if I want to when I'm en drab. But, like you, when en fem I can soften my voice enough to pass. With your long hair and feminine curves you are the woman that you are. Own it. Don't apologize to everyone. If someone clocks you as male then so be it. But if not then just be the woman that you are. I used to pick up prescriptions for my M.I.L. When the pharmacy tech asked,"name" I would state her name. After all the prescription was for her. Usually the tech would say," thank you ma'am" when the transaction was complete. You are female. Own it! Leanne

Thanks for the kind comments, LeAnne. After all, as I express in my signature block my wife says to me all the time, "You are not a man". I might add that in my overweight state my measurements are 48-41-48. I would like to lose 25 lbs and get down to 48-39-48.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Not passing as a man....good deal.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud