Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming Out !

I agree Roberta. Much love darlin.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

a good read, glad that they got to know "you" and accepted. thank you for sharing with us,
    i made my peace with my pop last august before he passed, dont know that he understood my reference to CDing though, but i know he new i did....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Arlene, That is a very nice story. My mother knew I dressed some 40 odd years ago. You are braver than as I would not expose that to her now. I would never expose my dressing to my dad.

mikell & alwaysshave,
    Thank you for your kindness & insights.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The Mad Scientist
    Very nice story.

I think it would be especially difficult to be in a situation where you were the primary caregiver for of all people (your parents).
    It took some serious courage to do that. Wow.

In my case, only my SO knows and I intend to keep it that way.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Arlene, it is wonderful that you felt strong enough to let your parents know, and that they got the happiness to know that their dear child thought enough of them, and loved them enough to share and trust them with yourself. Even though they knew, the thought that they could now share this treasure must have been so comforting.

You are a dear one.

Hugs,
    Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

That's a really sweet story, Arlene. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Wendy, Barbara, and Cynthia. MUAH to all.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 08-27-2014 at 11:53 PM.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    It's really a very good coming out experience. It must feel good to know that you were so quickly accepted by your parents.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    The way it works is that "Ya' Gotta Do What Ya' Gotta Do.". In the best of all possible worlds, your timing and that of the Universe are aligned. And so it was.

There is a thing about being able to Bring Your Whole Self To Work and how this is difficult for all of us under the LGBT umbrella. When you made the decision to express yourself, this is exactly what you did and I would guess that it made a significant difference for you parents.

The Universe is a tricky place, but I think it responds best when put ourselves out there as openly and as honestly as we can.

Continued Health and Success!

DeeAnn

jim & flatlander,
    Thank you very much for your kind statements.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm so glad they chimed in or I might have missed this moving story. Thanks so much for sharing it Arlene! Cat's eye frames.. I'd love to have a pair of those!
    Hugs girlfriend!

Julie,
    Thank you darlin. Best Wishes and I love any posting on my love of cat's eye frames.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hell-o Arlene,
    We are all our parents children, some of us are lucky to have warm and accepting parents
    that just see us as their children. Your parents are something to be proud of, not just because of who they were, but
    who they made you! Your memories of them will keep them with you the rest of your life.
    Thanks so much for sharing this part of you.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Arlene,

Must have missed this post . . .sorry about that. What a heartfelt story and a testament to the love of parents for their children and their children for them.

Hugs

Isha

I'd missed it too Arlene, my bad - that's so sweet of you to share such an accepting and affirming time with us all here..

Thank you for sharing it - and thank you for being here and being prepared to help everyone with your opinions and support...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thank you Isha, Katey, and MsHeels. I thought that it was about time that I posted "my coming out" story. Love & Best Wishes to all !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm glad that it worked out for you that way, ArleneRaquel.

My parents are still alive, and their attitude has slowly changed over the years. At first they were frighteningly intolerant; my father on general principal and my mother said she didn't want to be embarrassed, and was worried I'd never find a wife. After I moved away, I would dress in women's clothes at home, underdress at work, and androgynously dress around my relatives. I never let on until a few years ago that I completely crossdressed at home. My father's reaction (now in his 80's) was, "You don't go out like that, do you?" My mom's reaction (also in her 80's) was to ask what I was wearing as I talked to them! Eventually, I'd like to at least do what you do and dress as a woman all the time. I retire in three years. Perhaps then...
    My career is in retailing but my soul is in writing

Careful I bite <3
    I'm a little late to the party, but I do have to say it's a really touching story. I try not to revive dead threads like these unless they really are moving in some senses.

In closing, its such a simple story, but I think that's what makes it so powerful and endearing. Your parents were real sweethearts and I'm glad you got to spend that time with them!

Thank you Grey Eyes & Badwolf. MUAH !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Thanks for sharing your touching coming out story. My mom and my mother in-law died within a month of each other in 2007. My mother never knew and at that time neither did I because I didn't start dressing until 2011. My wife knows but really doesn't want to know. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Jaymees,
    I'm so sorry to hear of your parents passing and thank you for your very kind words. My parents died within a year of each other 2006=2007. My wife died in 2002.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 09-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I believe that my mother was so ploeased with my coming out as I was a brunette, as my mother was in her younger years, when I came down the starirs and I was wearing her favorite eyewear frame style, black, large, & cat;s eye. I may be mistaken about a reason for her exceptance, but I believe that I am not.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Arlene,
    The sense of satisfaction, them knowing and accepting must be heartwarming to you.

I hope it has given you many pleasant memories in which to live the rest of your life.

I know there are many things I regret that I never shared with loved ones past.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Arlene - how much the must have loved you. And, they deserved you!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!