Thread: Any presentation limits from SO or yourself?

Any presentation limits from SO or yourself?

I like to wear a nighty every morning to do my morning routine. I walked by the mirror and saw my hair sticking up, sleep in my eyes and 24 hours of beard and hairy legs. There's no way I would let my wife see me like that which made me think. If your SO is accepting, are there any minimum requirements? Do they require a wig? Makeup? Shaven? shaved legs? bare chest?

At the same time are there limits on your acceptable presentation? You know, things you require before you'll voluntarily spend time in dress around her/him?

There are no restrictions as long as our relationship is about us and not just me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    My wife sees me in all stages of dress up to the point of lipstick and makeup. Since she only wears makeup and lipstick for special occasions and not every day, I'm hesitant to go past this point at this time. I mean, if I'm only dressing around the house, why would I go to all the trouble of putting on makeup? Besides, sometimes people come around looking for me. I can change to boy mode in a couple minutes but not if I'm wearing makeup.

Oh, I forgot heels. She has seen me in my one inch heels but not my three inch heels. She doesn't wear heels either. I usually just wear flats.

The Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    There are no restrictions as long as our relationship is about us and not just me.
    Kate.
    You hit it on the head.
    If your head is on straight - you are focused on the SO and the rest falls into place (assuming they are sane).
    I am very lucky that I have one of the world's best SO and I wouldn't trade her for ALL the gold (or clothes) in the world.
    She is my everything.

Banned Read only
    My wife is accepting. Our mutual limit is that cross dressing does not enter the bedroom. My self limit is that I do not want her to see me in between states. That is my issue not hers. As a result, I am an all or nothing cross dresser.

There are no limits or minimum requirements to how I dress. My wife has seen me in all stages of feminine dress and doesn't mind. I even exercise every morning dressed. The only thing my wife had to say was that she wanted me to look as good as possible.

Our limit is only that "regular" friends and family don't know and that it stays that way.
    The only other is that she prefers to be with me when I go out. That makes her feel better that I am safe.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    That's our limit as well. I wish I could get my wife to go out with me (as Krisi) but so far, she won't. Also, it was pointed out to me on this forum by a wise person that if I'm out by myself I'm not likely to be recognized, but if my wife is with me, we may run into someone who recognizes her and wants to talk or recognizes me by association. This means it would be best to be far from home if we're going to do this.

The only big limit is on not letting her family know

I prefer my husband when he looks male, so I would prefer the unshaven, no-wig look, even with panties & negligee. When we're just hanging out at home, he will put on the clothes but leave off the wig & makeup because he knows I prefer him to look like him, and the wig gets hot anyway.

When the wig & makeup are on (because we're going out) he looks like a different person and I feel a bit awkward because I don't know this new person.

Jess, that was going to be my next question. Does the dressed version become a persona.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I wear womens clothes always, but I do like to appear, at
    least, presentable. Some things (dresses) look better with a little
    makeup. Some things (jeans/tops)...i go without makeup.

With my long hair cut in a more feminine style, I look kinda
    girly always, but I prefer it to be as normal of an appearance
    as is realistically possible.

When time was limited for me, (work) I'd run around with "raccoon eyes"
    for a day. Just wanting to hold on to it as long as I could before
    having to remove it all.

Nope...no persona for me. I don't think my wife would care for
    that.

She doesn't mind how I dress, but I get a bit self-conscious and
    would rather not appear too much of a mess....lol

My SO sees me in panties and heels and I tend to sleep in panties and heels and she does not mind. However, If I go out I go out fully dressed and we are both on the same page in protecting my identity and not running into people I may know that live in my community.

My wife has seen me dressed around the house a lot but when she saw me wearing a wig the other day she kinda freaked a bit. I guess it was a small step backwards on the acceptance scale.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    that was going to be my next question. Does the dressed version become a persona.
    I read this a lot here - I'm starting to think crossdressing is a form of multiple personality disorder for some here?? Or do you mean the way a police officer changes their demeanour slightly when they wear their uniform? The former is worrying, to be honest. Being two distinct personalities, one male/one female, is a little bizarre and would surely warrant therapy...am I right? The latter is pretty common and I know I do this depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. Formal occasions I always have to remember to laugh a little less - something this crazy girl really struggles with! lol

See?!!

Tinkerbell! Therapy? Multiple Personality Disorder? Really? NO! It's like being an actor. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts. That's as I like it!

If one is a CD, and goes out trying to pass or blend in, one necessarily acts differently. Unless one doesn't know thar Bob exists while portraying Bobbette, and vice versa, I think we're more like the policeman, or the coach, or a salesman - presenting a different aspect at work than at home - only a bit more extreme. IMHO.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell-GG View Post
    I read this a lot here - I'm starting to think crossdressing is a form of multiple personality disorder for some here?? Or do you mean the way a police officer changes their demeanour slightly when they wear their uniform? The former is worrying, to be honest. Being two distinct personalities, one male/one female, is a little bizarre and would surely warrant therapy...am I right? The latter is pretty common and I know I do this depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. Formal occasions I always have to remember to laugh a little less - something this crazy girl really struggles with! lol

See?!!
    Transvestism isn't split personality, in the clinical disorder sense, as there is a consciousness of it. I can't speak for everyone, by any means, but for some yes it is like someone putting on their uniform, or like for someone who rides a motorcycle putting on their leathers, it isn't a different person, just a different side of them.

I definitely share Jennifer's objection against being seen 'halfway', unless they would help me with my makeup or something. I don't even like to see myself halfway, so no partial dressing for me. I either spend the 30-60 minutes to get ready, or I don't cross-dress. Similarly, I would be uncomfortable with changing at someone else's house, if I have a 'date' en femme, I'd rather leave the house en femme.

Gone to live my life
    My wife has seen me in all stages of dress and sometimes when I am home, I may wear girl clothes (shorts and t-shirt) and wig but no make-up (Isha au natural as we call her). The one limit which both of us has set . . . only one lady in the bedroom and that is not Isha.

Hugs

Isha

My wife has seen everything, But I prefer not to get changed on front of her.
    I have started to get changed when she walked into the room and stopped waiting for her to leave.
    or closed the door what she was close by. She does say that there is no need to close the door.

just a personal thing I guess, I will get more casual about it over time I will bet,
    but for now, no changing in front of her. my choice, not hers. she really does not mind at all.

She does not really have any requirements, mostly in my head.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    No make-up. Didn't say anything about a wig and I'm going to ask her soon.

Crossdressing is still fairly new to my wife and me; less than a year at this point. She is AMAZINGLY accepting and we are still tweaking the wireframe.

At this point, it is our secret, shared with a therapist, a doctor, and other CDs. Dressing is only done with advance notice and then only at home or for CD events. We are very casual about it, there is no MsVal persona, and we go about our daily routine as through nothing had changed.

I do not feel self conscious trying on clothing at stores, but she does, and I respect her feelings. Strangely, I feel self conscious getting dressed in front of her. She is uncomfortable kissing or hugging me when I am dressed. While I respect that feeling and avoid showing physical affection, those are the times when I most want to show her how much I appreciate her acceptance and love.

Best wishes
    MsVal