Thread: Age changes

Age changes

When I was younger any near discovery scared me wild. Now, however I don't fear discovery as much. Years ago if I was half dressed, or worse fully dressed, and a knock came to the door, I would hurriedly change into male clothes maybe leaving my girdle and stockings on to save time. Now I am thinking if I was dressed up to my slip, and the same happened, I would put on a dress or skirt and then answer the door.

I find this funny, not only because I've also pulled on male clothing in a panic to get to the door, but because I realized we panic for no reason. Unless we're expecting a package, why do we have this instinctual need to answer the door or even the telephone.

If you're expecting a visitor and dressing up when the bell rings it's kind of out own fault. If your not expecting, let the door go unanswered and save the panic!

Liz

The Mad Scientist
    For me - I don't ever predict that will happen.

I realize that involves looking into the future but I have various pressures that will not go away - even over time that won't allow this to happen.

The payoff has to be larger than the price. For me-the price is too high and will remain so.

Reality Check
    Yep, you don't have to answer the door unless it's the SWAT team with a warrant.

I don't answer the door as Krisi because I don't want neighbors to think of me as "that crossdresser down the block". Also, I don't want to embarass my wife.

If I lived alone in an apartment building where people don't know their neighbors, it might be different.

Yup no need here to answer the door. Unless it's someone I really need to talk to and usually they would call first I don't answer the door.

Same with me, I'm not nearly as concerned with "being caught" as I was when I was younger. But for me, I think that it's mostly because I'm out to my wife and kids now. I'm also out to my employer, and many of the neighbors have seen me dressed, or at least partially dressed. Answering the door is not usually a problem, and sometimes, like when it's some LDS canvesers, it can be down right fun.

How about Neighbors?

I'm out to my Wife and go out in public out of town on occations but dress in skirt and flats when home, but My Conservative neighbors wouldn't understand so when they come over or I see them accross the street i run for the bedroom and get on those slacks. My wife appreciates it as it would embarass her, I could live with it as far as I'm concerd they are good neigbors and maybe wouldn't accept the look but would respect me as a good neighbor. But to Keep every thing cool I change!!

Yep, you don't have to answer the door unless it's the SWAT team with a warrant.
    Still no need to answer the door. They'll let themselves in.

I live in the city and 9 times out of 10 when someone knocks on the door, especially on the weekend, it's a Jehovah Witness attempting to get me to read the Watch Tower. I just tell them I'm not interested, dressed or not.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I had that problem up until only about a year ago.

We've been here at our house for 9 years, but I had this
    friend who might drop in at any second day or night.

He moved away about 3 years ago, but I still had that fear
    he may show up and let himself in at any second.

It took me a long time before I got OK with not being so
    paranoid.

I shouldn't care, but he's faster and more thorough at
    distributing "news" than Twitter, FB, BBC, and CNN combined.

lol!

Banned Read only
    Georgina, I partly agree with you now but when I ran my photographic business from home not all my customers showed me the courtesy of booking appointments ! On one occasion I'd just squeezed into a sundress when the doorbell rang, it was an important client who spent a lot of money with me, I just pulled drab on top of the sundress but it must have been pretty obvious ! I often saw unannounced customers under dressed.

Hi,

Was a little different in my case , in this house were we live in Waimate NZ i used to dress quite a bit in the evening and if any one came to the front door,

Jos would say stay in the lounge and ill go and see who it is, it was not the fact i was dressed it was Jos was unsure what others would say ,
    after a short time i could not be bothered with this so i would answer the door wether it was my or our friends or others we did not know , so after that Jos well i wont say was not bothered just . well ... do i have to,

of cause Jos and family knew it was not just dressing it was more than that , just i had to give them time and lots to understand what i really was / am ,

I know sometimes i would change my clothes , that i did not mind for Jos,s sake,

Any way its all good now,

...noeleena...

I don't change clothes to answer the door. If I look out and see some guy that wants to sell me something, I don't answer the door, regardless of mode.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I live in the city and 9 times out of 10 when someone knocks on the door, especially on the weekend, it's a Jehovah Witness attempting to get me to read the Watch Tower. I just tell them I'm not interested, dressed or not.
    Yeah, witness this baby!!!
    If it's obviously someone I don't know, I'll knock on the door right back at them. Startles them, then confuses them. I never open the door or speak to them, but you should see how much little effort they put in trying to get you to open up. I got to give the naked response a try one of these days.

joni

Like everything else, even our attitudes about our own dressing change as time goes on. It's called growth and maturing. It happens to everyone, not just cross-dressers.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Silver Member
    Right after I moved into a new home, the weather was hot so I had only the screen door closed. Well the neighbor came over and I didn't hear a knock. He saw boxes on the porch so he assumed we were carrying them in and walked in on me wearing a dress and the full regalia. He never said a word and we stayed guy friends while I lived there. As I moved around the country and world people have know and seldom have I had a problem.