Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror mirror on the wall...

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Here's an intertresting question for you all...!
    For argument sake lets call our feminine selves our alter egos just as a base line and train of thought.
    When you slip into your cosy comfortable feminine glove of a woman, do you find that your alter ego has more than one side?
    Using myself as an example:
    Kate: The sensible shy quite girl me, the poet and thoughtful writer.
    Kitty D: The electronic music composer, woodbe fashion model & silent movie stars.
    Kathleen Dawson: The clown and comedian a loud & proud big mouth that always gets me into trouble.

As a man I'm very quiet and keep myself to myself and I'm just trying to get through life the best way I know how.
    But when I spend that hour or so transforming myself and slip on the last piece of the female puzzle and brush my hair "Wig" away from my eyes.
    I'm not entirely sure which one will come out to play...!
    Sensible, Fashion or Naughty step

If I were totally honest with myself and you, I do tend to get carried away with my love and passion of my own cross-dressing alter ego.
    So question time:

Q1: How many of you are there if you have more than one?
    Q2: Does your passion to become or transform into your other selve take control of the wheel and drive you. Leaving you no more than just a back seat driver?
    Q:3 Or am I totally on my own here! Hearing faint whispers of "Norman bates"

Anyways, I look forward to reading your replies and have a lovely day

Kate "That one... for now"

Reality Check
    I don't think you're on your own, I've seen many posts claiming to be a different person when dressed. Peronally, I can't see how strapping on a pair of boobs changes a person's thoughts or personality. Sure you can play a female part, but don't you still feel the same about politics or religion? Don't you like the same food?
    Last edited by Krisi; 08-23-2014 at 08:21 AM.

I am me, no different in male or female mode.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    First thought that came to my mind was "Sybil" and not because I like Sally Field. There is only one of me, no Clark Kent and Superman here.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I'm not a different person when I dress, though I tried to understand it by thinking along those lines for a while.

The older I get, the more I have come to understand that when I dress, I feel different because I'm giving myself permission to express the same feelings I always have. When I'm out in the world in man-mode, I have to really push those feelings down, just to function in that context. Out-of-sight-out-of-mind as they say.

However when I dress, the act of physically expressing those feelings tends to get the ball rolling, and it all rushes in like a tidal wave. It's easy to interpret that as "different person", but I really don't feel like it is. I have found that I can have all of those same feelings without dressing, it's just like ... peanut butter & chocolate. They go together, y'know?

If anything, I'm coming to understand my boy-mode is as much of a put-on as my girl-mode.
    There are many facets of my personality, but only one me :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I'm not a different person when I dress, and I'm not one dimensional in either mode. I'm more patient and understanding in female mode, but that's because I don't have the irritation of male clothing nagging at me. It's a lot easier to be patient if you don't have a rock in your shoe.

I used to think that I could step into the phone booth and become Superperson, but then they took away all of the phone booths in the US. Maybe if I went to Great Britian I coul step into a phone box!!

Seriously, I'm just me all of the time, no change, how dull!!

Hugs, Bria

Quote Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
    Q1: How many of you are there if you have more than one?
    No, just the one. But she's a flighty girl. She can be a princess or a ***** or anything in between.

Q2: Does your passion to become or transform into your other selve take control of the wheel and drive you. Leaving you no more than just a back seat driver?
    Not usually. For the most part I'm still who I am, just in different clothes and a less concerned about being too girly. Sometimes the femme washes over me and wipes away all traces of my normally repressed self.

I like it.

Q:3 Or am I totally on my own here! Hearing faint whispers of "Norman bates"
    Nah. It doesn't sound crazy... yet.
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister

Platinum Member
    Hi Kitty, As Mr. Drab I pretty much a normal quiet guy that would blend in perfectly.
    But when the closet door opens there's no telling who may pop out It may be a matronly older lady,
    or it could be a 40 something lady dressing to the 9's planning on a night of partying hearty,
    or a young lady in a mini skirt, low cut top, hi-heel stilettos, makeup & big hair.

And last but not least Just a normal middle age lady dressed to blend in.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    When dressed. I am basically myself with my same easy going and pleasant personality. Nothing changes there. However, I am presenting myself as a woman rather than a man.

I usually dress as a lovely, well dressed middle aged lady with a tendency to be youthful. I do have a very youthful outlook and do not feel my age. I most definitely don't look my age when dressed. But I do not try to do anything excess or silly.

As far as costume characters, then I try to become the person that I am dressed as: Charley's Aunt, a Southern Belle, A Duchess and so forth.

As Charley's Aunt I always say "that I am from Brazil, where all the nuts come from!" Just like in the play and film.

But even them I am still the same person that I was before I donned the clothing..

In either mood I'm about the same, perhaps I'm a little less judgemental when I'm Arlene.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I don't think my personality changes when I'm dressed enfemme. When I came out years ago, she remarked that it somehow explained things. So my SO picked up on my femme side BEFORE she knew about it.

The Mad Scientist
    Perhaps it's just this simple and equally profound:

We can't easily change our bodies we inhabit.
    Yet, we can easily change our clothes, makeup, wig, etc.

With the correct clothes and accessories ..no matter what others see....
    From our perspective...we are closer to looking (from the outside) now we feel on the inside.

I don't look in a mirror and discover a stranger. I find myself at my best. Some folks take real delight in quantifying their cross-dressing and sorting it into little boxes with neat little labels (a very male way of thinking by the way). I still like makeup and shoes when I'm smelly and have got a weeks growth of beard and I'm still a Christian and vote Conservative when I'm in a dress. And I will always happily enjoya cheeseburger no matter what I'm wearing.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Kate - please leave Norman behind the shower curtain for now... I don't think you're barmy saying what you've said... I've answered this question before saying similar things to others here: my personality doesn't change hugely - my opinions and values don't change, like and dislikes, etc.

But...

Is it possible for the colour of one's hair to impact how you feel about expressing yourself...? Because I feel subtly different whether auburney brunette (feels like I'm more casual, relaxed, less serious...) or blonde (feeling I should be smarter, more sophisticated and serious, but perhaps sexier...)

But that might be just my projected preconceptions at work - how I feel about women that I have known, dated or loved, and how they were, and am I emulating that...? Is that possible...? That I should feel like like Katey(Au) would be probably more sociable than Katey(Bl) who would be more proper but aloof...? Is that possible...? Or am I just completely barking...? Move aside Norman...

We all have active multiple personas that we use in life - I think it's perfectly possible those personas can also be valid for our femme alter-egos... but not for everyone... just the really, talented, artistic, gifted ones among us...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks Kate Sorry mega late reply -DOH-
    Some truly great replies here... Not overly sure how you thank each one here so I'll do it in this one -THANKS ALL -
    Uhm... Yeah I don't think I'm alone on this one... Uhm... I am a tiny huge bit artistic & can't help myself most days, hours, minutes, seconds grrrr...
    Still I think its good to have multiple sides as long as they are fun and others can enjoy that fun too

KD
    HuGs@U oxo

Let's just say that Kate (my Kate) is a colorful faction of the full spectrum person in charge.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    There's just one of me...but when dressed, I think I am more relaxed, in the moment, sensitive, and carefree. In drab, my wife will often say, "I think you should put a dress on" if she doesn't like my outlook or attitude. Caveat: we're not talking multiple personalities here; more of a subtle, more feminine disposition I think.

... Who's your fairest personality of all?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Simply put, dressing allows Me to be Me.
    When dressed, I'm exprssing myself TO myself and the world.
    Dressing relaxes me. I feel good about myself when dressed, and feel REALLY good when I pass.
    It took years to get it "right" but I NEVER gave-up and I thank my lucky stars that I achieved my goal.
    Never had so much fun!

Kate: The sensible shy quite girl me, the poet and thoughtful writer.

The other two are more entertainers, concepts designed to break down a few walls surrounding cross-dressing.
    By last CD vlog video actually got a small feature on a internet news letter "Femme Gender News"
    So shy Kate does get some love

Thats so beautiful - Right there
    HuGs@U oxo

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Kitty,

Over the years I've managed to create some other characters on my male side. The best example was the totally professional technocrat who showed up for work every day for 30 years, wasn't totally me, but there he was. Sometimes the joker would appear, but usually leave before he got the technocrat in trouble, usually. Normally they come out to play with and around friends who where there when the character came into being. It's not a personality but more of a preformance art experience at a very amature level, but temporary fun. I've not done that with my Sarah side, but that may only mean I am not done exploring the basic package and eventually may find other facets of this jewel to polish.

So go on, do it if you want to. Explore, grow and find out what your feminine side has to offer.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I can't say that it reveals personalities but it lowers the inhibitions on feelings and qualities that my male ego supresses. In other words, my complete character is revealed.

Careful I bite <3
    I do have on some very subtle levels different personas, but I still really feel like I'm me all the time. I do have fun playing around with different characters a bit in my mind, I have always enjoyed taking the costumes I'm in as far as I can (normally with no practice at all so it's not too far).