Thread: San Francisco

San Francisco

I went to San Francisco this week and had a good time. I go often, but this time was a bit different because I ditched the car and used public transport the whole time. I have been going out for some time, but always with a car. It was my refuge, where I could run to in case "pitchfork wielding tranny eating zombies" came after me. My outfit for the evening was a blue, short strapless dress (a first for me), dark nylons, d'orsay pumps with an ankle strap, and a black cardigan to make the outfit a bit more conservative for the walk and taxi. I first walked from my hotel to Diva's for a quick drink. It was kind of quiet. A young man at the bar struck up a conversation. I left after my drink and took a taxi to the Cat Club. Every Wednesday they have Bondage a Go Go. They actually do have people being tied up and whipped in the back room, but it is really rated PG. More importantly, a cross dresser is the least weird looking person in this establishment and everyone is welcome. I have never gone, but there is also a group that meets at a nearby cafe on third Wednesdays before the club. I intended to go, but did not have time. I met a lady named Stacy, from Dallas. It was her first time out dressed, ever. Congratulations. If you read this, you looked great. I think she got bored of all the industrial music and leather, so we went back to Divas and watched a bit of the dance show on the third floor.

The next day I needed to take a train out. I decided to do this dressed; another first. Originally I had planned to keep a low profile with the jeans and casual top. But, I was in a dressy mood. Unfortunately I had limited clothes on me and the best look I could put together was more ok for November in New York, than summer in California. Black short skirt, mini boots, blue and black leopard pattern top, and big sunglasses. The only mistake was pulling my luggage to the bart station, but I could not find a taxi. It was warm and I though I would melt. The walk was uneventful. A homeless lady asked me for money and two French tourist ladies asked me for directions. Nothing happened, a normal walk. I rode the bart to the amtrak station in Richmond. I think one guy gave me the once over, but he was harmless. I had to wait 30 minutes in Richmond. A couple of rail workers checked me out. I could not tell if they were checking me out for being cross dressed, or were just checking out my legs. I got in the train and thought to remain dressed, but decided that the restroom on the train was the best place to convert back to boy mode. I thought I would look like a wreck, but the walk the warmth of the air, seemed to make the makeup blend perfectly into my skint tone and I looked great, I thought. It was a shame to take it off.

Great story Sara. Your outing sounds like a load of fun as do your outfits,
    I visited San Francisco a few years back and really enjoyed it. I may go back and spend time there en femme after reading your post.
    Luv
    Amanda

I love visiting San Francisco. Never have gone out there en femme, but I think I would be more comfortable there than anywhere else! Don't know about Diva's or the Cat Club, as my favorite watering holes are Tadich's and Sam's Grill (for food, too!). Also the Buena Vista, and the list goes on. Really miss Julius' Castle. Superb food and stunning view. Ahh well, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Reality Check
    In my part of the country, San Francisco has the reputation of being "different". There's a joke but I'm not going to post it because it could be deemed offensive.

I would think San Francisco would be the safest and most accepting city in the USA for a crossdresser but it's a long, long way from my home so I doubt I'll get the chance to try it.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.rafaela View Post
    ...... It was my refuge, where I could run to in case "pitchfork wielding tranny eating zombies" came after me.....
    I thought as an American, you would know that such outbreaks always originate in New York, New York so good they named it....yeah well anyway. Sounds like a fantastic time Sara, a lead I need to follow. You recounted so well, I was there with you in mind, if not in body. For this ageing Brit, what is a Bart? Obviously, not a Simpson in this case.

I'm desperately trying to get my wife to agree to a trip to the States this year, so I can be a legal alien in New York. Alien that is, in my presentation.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I would go to New York. I spend even more time in New York and there are lots more things to do. The only problem for me is when in New York I am so busy with the mundane business part of life and do not get out so often in such a care free manner. Anyway to clear up my railroad acronyms... BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit and is the subway in San Francisco, Amtrak is the regional train that would take you to Sacramento or San Jose for example.

Nice outing tale Sara - I do think SF is firmly on my bucket list too...

And I will take note that Wednesday is bondage night at the Cat Club (note to self to not stray accidentally into the 'back room' however.. ) - and how fortuitous that you should meet someone on their first outing... What was the 'giveaway'? Was it the secret sign we all hear about...? But super you were able to share that with Stacy, and then with us...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hi Katey. Actually Stacy found me. No secret sign. The give away for me is that I think I pass at a distance, but not under close inspection. I have been out in broad daylight often, with what seems to be normal acceptance, but if you really look at me, of course you can tell. First I don´t want to critique other´s looks, except in the most positive way. In the club, I had just stepped in, walked through the place, ordered my first drink and went to sit near the dance floor. I could tell there were four of us there; one was dressed in a naughty raggedy Ann outfit and was in her zone on the dance floor. Another was a very tall lady, but very pretty, in a black cocktail dress and heels. I still cannot tell if she was just a tall girl or one of us. As far as Stacy, she had a really good outfit, well done makeup, was very fit, and really passable. I would say the giveaway was that in the room most of the women were dressed somewhere between panties and pasties to a corset dress, and she was in her finest Ann Taylor- Talbots, and this attracted a closer look. She had attended the pre club gathering at the cafe and changed there. She was a bit concerned about going back to the hotel dressed, but I am sure she had no problem.

Great story Sara. I lived in Monterey for about 6 months. As i was in the army at the time, i would go up to SF for Sabrina weekends. I always felt safe and partied hard but safely. Good to know things haven't chagned.

i love SF to visit. in a previous life (job) I used to go there a lot and always let my femme side come with. I went panty and lingerie shopping one day at one of the big department stores downtown (as a boy) and it was the only time a salesgirl suggested I try on the garter belt I was looking at. I felt at home and like such a girl. Good memories of SF for me.

Sara
    The next time you are in town let us SF girls know. We would have given you a more mainstream experience. A few of us go out on a regular basis for dinner and drinks. I skip the drinks part but that is another story. I also go shopping quite a bit during the day. I too can be detected when people are close. Guess what? Most really don't care in SF. Unless they are tourists. In that case I always smile to myself and think,"'Oh we'll, they can check that box off!" They have now seen a trans woman in San Francisco. Surely every tourist should have that experience. I hope they say I was the prettiest trans person they saw all day!

Love the city. Wish I could visit more often. I checked last time I was out there with one of the members here to see if anything was going on the week I was there. I apparently missed an opportunity by a week.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Sounds like a great getaway!

San Francisco is a great city and I am flying out to that area tomorrow night. I will be there until Tuesday. Have been out there many times before and expect to have a great time again.

Hi Suzanne, I would like to take you up on your offer. I am in San Francisco about once a month. I would really enjoy a more mainstream experience. I have been out in public often, and at daytime. But I am still shy about going into a regular bar or restaurant ALONE and just hanging out. So, far I have just gone out to places that are either LGBT or "unique". I have been in San Francisco and and New York and I am always asking myself, if I am passing, or if people just don´t care; or if they do notice, but are educated and classy enough to just let someone do their thing.