Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird or Not? CDs, GGs, GMs

Always, with eccentric, alcoholics, odd balls, weird, dysfunctional bachelors, dysfunctional women, now with a very loneristic people hating woman next door, about the only person i talk with. Yada yada.

Y'all are weird! I mean everyone is at least a bit different. Supposedly normal people might be the weirdest! The only way to see others as unweird is to try to understand why they are the way they are. My immediate family are some of the most normal people to me, but each of them still have their own peculiarities, especially myself. hahahahaha

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I may seem odd or abnormal to some but does it make me worry about it?
    Not in the least.I am as normal as anyone else.
    I wake up each morning feeling like myself and that feels normal to me.
    Being a non conformist is a good thing.

I am a huge fan of the movie Tombstone....

As Doc says near the end of the movie... "There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it."

Oh, and by the way.... would LOVE to wear the dresses they did back then, although they do look a little warm. Might have to see if I could seek some employment at the local saloon...looks like they might have better "uniforms". lol

Suzanne.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I, for the most part have walked to the beat of my own drum. The problem is that everyone is telling me to stop beating that dam drum! It is easier being a loner, than attempting to fit into their pigeon holes. Sad but true, it is difficult finding someone who thinks like I do. It is difficult to find someone with the same interests, and by that I am not talking about CDing either. One of my common interests with others is football, so I have something from now until the super bowl in February, then the drought after that until the following September. What's Normal, a small town in Nebraska?
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Weird is just a subjective manifestation of someone else's bigotry.
    Cheers
    Amanda

That is watering down the meaning of bigotry IMO. Viewing someone or something as weird doesn't necessarily indicate intolerance or predjudice. Something weird is simply strange or unusual.

10517463_758713594185788_8685319828515449994_n.jpg

Saw this on FB and this thread immediately came to mind...

I was maybe considered a little "odd" by my peers as a teenager as I didn't bother much with the normal stuff boys my age did, including dating girls. I had my own adventures in my own little area of operation around my home, including gravel pit woods, creek and local swamp. Plus rode all over town with my bike. I loved and enjoyed comic book super heroes, especially the female ones and science fiction books of all kinds. I loved any TV show or movie that featured an empowered woman character. This was a pattern I followed into later life. When I got out into the world and work force I learned that people are our greatest assets regardless of what kind of whiz bang tech is out there. As a mature CD I now value my friends and people in general.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm not so much weird as I'm obnoxiously, compulsively contrarian. I almost always take the road less traveled. Sometimes that hasn't worked out so good but most of the time it has.

Personally I find astrology to be far stranger than crossdressing.
    That's one big batch of nonsense.

I was definitely a weird kid: comic-book collecting, D&D playing, computer nerd. My parents taught me to embrace my quirks, so I didn't worry about it. I suppose that's why my crossdressing never caused me much anguish. I "knew" I had to keep it a secret, but I would just do it, and then move on til the next time. Now that I've accepted it, I'm kind of proud of it. Sure, crossdressing is weird, but that doesn't make it wrong.

I'm a crossdresser, I play with model trains, race cars, motorcycles, love disco, jazz and hard rock too. Rarely drink, don't smoke. Like drinking V8 but hate eating veggies. Prefer the company of women. Favorite color is dark purple, or orange. Like flight sims and submarine war games, but not first person shooters; for some reason it's perfectly to flame someone's ass from the cockpit or sub but not while running around? I like just sitting on the peak of my roof and looking around. Huge feet and hands, small penis. High IQ scores, terrible school grades. I can build cars, motorcycles, computers, made an amature radio. But can't sew decently. I can cook, but baking pastries well eludes me. Yes, I'm weird.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I spent the first 80 percent of my life feeling weird for one reason: I liked to dress in women's lingerie and clothes. What increased the weirdness for me was comparing it to the other interests in my life: sports, cars, music, guitars, art, motorcycles, girls. Then about eight years ago I clued in that there's at least enough of us TGs to populate a few small countries. These days I feel boringly normal.

I never felt weird, I do not wish to appear weird or outlandish.
    I was always different, it did attract girls though.
    My male friends seemed rough and uncouth by comparison.
    That is why I gained the girls company more than my friends.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

All my life I have mostly associated with people others considered weird. After all these years a number of my old friends have succumbed to normality and present as regular folk. I do not and never will. In the circle of people I know, with very very few exceptions (and not counting the clinically insane ), I am the strangest person I know. And I know some very strange people.

I'm not weird... just strange
    I've studied some of these subjects too - now that is weird...!

KD

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I never felt weird, I do not wish to appear weird or outlandish.
    I was always different, it did attract girls though.
    My male friends seemed rough and uncouth by comparison.
    That is why I gained the girls company more than my friends.
    That's exactly how I felt. I had a female boss once who I admired and respected immensely. The guys who worked for her, hated her but I thought she was the best boss I ever had, still feel that way. I once spent an evening in New Orleans with her and we got smashed together and had a blast. I don't enjoy getting tipsy with too many male friends because they become people I don't like. So in that respect, I suppose I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    My SO has always been on the fringe. He was academically gifted as a child, and this set him apart. He also had difficulties socially as a teenager which resulted in an inability to ask girls out, like you. He was political in college, but again in unconventional ways. He has been the odd one out all his life, and this is why being a CDer never really bothered him. It was just another thing. I think he takes a great deal of pride in being outside of the box. lol

I think I'm normal, but people with traditional values think I'm odd. I'm rather liberal. I have both an artistic side that is full of passion, and a cold analytical side. Both these states live side by side and produce some rather unconventional internal reactions to people and events. I also tend to think outside of the box so I guess my SO and I are well suited to one another.

But overall I think that my SO and I are both well within the "normal" range. The range is wide indeed and I think that only a small percentage of people fit within the rather narrow conventional confines of the stereotypical "normal", whatever that is.
    Bingo. I've been called weird, creepy, odd, strange and a whole lot of other things. I too am bright, (around 135 in the i.q. range.), very creative, emotional, and have a very vivid imagination. I was never good at sports, although I"m good at working with my hands. I'm about as different as anyone can be, regarding my political beliefs, society and my views towards religion. Being socially challenged is just normal for me. In some ways, I am a lot like Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory. One thing I read or saw somewhere said,"not only do I march to the beat of a different drummer, I have my own percussion section."

That being said, I did have a lot of angst in my life about not fitting in. I always thought it would be cool to be "just one of the guys". I could have game, be able to have lots of women and take advantage of people for my own benefit. None of that ever happened for me. People take kindness as a sign of weakness and so it went for me.

I was always interested in wearing women's clothes, but never felt I was a woman trapped in a man's body. But I did think it would be cool if I woke up one day and I was a woman. A real woman. But I always attributed that thought to being different. I thought my interest and desire to wear women's clothes was just one of the many ways that I'm different.

Being socially challenged, I never had much luck with women. I've had a lot of bad relationships, co-dependencies, enabling and so on. When I was younger, I even had a gay relationship, where I lived with a man for over a year. But I found out later in life, that when it comes to meeting either men or women, I am pretty challenged. I got pretty lucky with the girlfriend that I have now. I posted a personal ad on CL and told people not to read the ad or answer it, because I was tired of dealing with flakes. However, I've learned from my mistakes and while this relationship might appear to be a godsend, I am keeping a watchful eye out for my heart.

I would have to say that my biggest regret in life was not doing what I did about 7 years ago when I was 53. I decided that my talents and abilities would rule and shape my life. It's been difficult at times, but I can say that even with the loss of someone very close in my life it's been the best time in my life. I've learned that intellect, talent and abilities are precious gifts and can be used at any time in our lives. I believe that having your own set of beliefs and using them to make your world better is key. I am proud of who I am and I own it. Just like with my new girlfriend. I've told her about my dressing and why I do it, she seems to be really on board with it.

My dressing or as I would like to say, gender-fluid or femulation was only one of the many good things to come out of the last 7 years. No it doesn't seem weird to me. I am not conflicted and I've come to love who I am as a guy. In fact, it seems the more I dress, the more I like who I am when I'm not. Like I said, this came late in life, but I'm making up for lost time.
    man, i feel like a woman