Thread: I would have loved to tell her.

I would have loved to tell her.

Recently, at a wake, I met the wife of a friend that I hadn't seen for a while. I have always had a great respect for this lady and she paid me a great compliment. She said that I looked great and that I was not displeasing to the eye and she concluded by saying that I should keep on doing whatever it was that I was doing. I would have loved to tell her that I crossdress but I didn't.

Reality Check
    If you're not "out" to the world, you did the right thing. There's no way to tell someone and be sure they won't tell someone else.

The Mad Scientist
    Agree, the urge to tell can be strong from time to time.

Once the cat is out of the bag... it won't get back in.

Remember, social media can spread any news in seconds and doesn't get tired of gossiping (spreading further).

She probably wouldn't have seen any connection between your crossdressing and your looks in male mode, even if they are related. Even if she thinks crossressing is cool, she'd probably wonder why on earth you were telling her that. I think it's a good idea that you didn't say anything about it.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    There are so many times when I feel I could spill the beans. I booked into a hotel this week and gave my real surname, to which the guy behind reception said with a grin, "I presume it's ***** (male name) and not Helen", whilst showing me his sheet. I was busting to say that he was not so far from the truth, but there were a couple of other people booking in to the side of me.

I suppose it is one of those choices that only we as individuals can make, based upon our intimate knowledge of our friends and acquaintances. Even then, it is fraught with the ever present danger that their whole demeanour can change in a split second, on hearing such a revelation. Still, there's always next time.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

You have to be very discreet in spilling the beans.

We often have more regret for what we didn't do than for anything we did. A lot of cross-dressers choose security over freedom.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Platinum Member
    If you're only incidentally acquainted with this woman, there isn't much value in coming out. If you feel the need to come out to anyone, is there someone you know better and see more often?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt