Thread: Gotta love Kroger's gender policies.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Gotta love Kroger's gender policies.

Today was 75/25 mode and I had a nice thing happen.
    The local Kroger grocery store in my hood has a few TG's that work there.
    One I had wondered about one guy being a trans man and today he told me he was.
    We had always been cordial if we ran into each other but I could tell he was curious if I was a CD a TG possibly going to go all the way with SRS. Those looks of I totally get you or I understand how you feel looks.
    Anyway I was pushing my cart thru the bread aisle and checking my shopping list.He was working in the produce dept and saw me and waved.
    I waved back and he motioned me over so I went over to where he was.
    He said I have been meaning to ask and I hope I'm not going to sound like a fool but I really think you are quite unique.
    Sometimes I see a guy sometimes I see a girl like today you look really cute and feminine.
    I thanked him and said you are not a fool at all just curious.I explained most everything about why I dress like I do and he said that is so cool.
    Soo I asked him I'm going out on a limb here and will probably sound stupid but are you a trans man?
    He smiled and said yes I thought you had figured that out in the past but were nice not to let on like you knew and treated me like a man.
    I told him you look like a man to me so I saw no reason to not treat you like a man.
    He told me a little about himself and he gave me his cell number if I ever wanted someone to go out with and hang out.
    Mutual respect is such a good thing.
    Knowing with out saying anything and just accepting.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.

It is a great thing to know that same store have a respectful attitude towad CD's. I have grocery shopped at a local chain Mariano's and I have always been treated with respect, the same at Jewel. Kroger has been out of the Chicaho market for years, but a recent had them looking to come back in. Just a rumor.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    ^Kroger owns Food4Less in Chicago, so if they expand it will probably be under that name. Who knows, with all those empty Dominick's left ...

Julie, Thank you for the info darlin. Mariano's has taken over the former Dominicks near my home.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    ^Mine too! Love that store ...

wonderful story tracii. mutual respect is wonderful!!
    now, i'm not so sure if it was a nice thing that he was in the "fruit" section?? lol
    he's lucky to have met a wonderful person like yourself!! good luck!!
    tracii has a boyfriend...
    paula

Ok, not to sound stupid here, because all these labels drive me absolutely bat sh&t crazy but....A "Transman" is a female who transitioned to a male right?

On topic, Way to go Tracii now you will have a new friend to hang out with
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Hi everyone,
    nice thread in my introduction I mentioned a young man that due to his appearance looked like he might be in transition he had bright red ladies stick on nails the hair was slightly styled and a little bit of tint the first thing that came to mind was not what the unknowing public thought ,but how his workmates accepted him To me it seems it would take more courage for that than dealing with the public giggles somehow in a strange way I envy him
    thanks phylis

It's awesome to hear this about Kroger!
    I've been thinking that I may try going to Kroger to do some shopping en femme. But I haven't gotten up the courage yet. This just helps convince me that it's not a bad idea!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do have another friend that is transitioning MtF but she works at another Kroger store.
    She has been 24/7 and working as a woman for a few years there.