Thread: Klinefelter's Syndrome

Klinefelter's Syndrome

Hello Everyone. I have a little news I would like to share. I recently had a medical check up and a very candid conversation with my doctor. To get right to the point, after some blood work, I have been diagnosed with Klinefelters syndrome. It is a genetic disorder that effects 1 in about 1000 males. My Doctor said I was a text book case.

Females have XX chromosomes, males have XY chromosomes. Men with Klinefelters have XXY chromosomes.

Many men who have Klinefelter syndrome do not have obvious symptoms. Others (like me) have sparse body hair, enlarged breasts, and wide hips. In almost all men the testicles remain small. In some men the penis does not reach adult size. Their voices may not be as deep. They usually cannot father children. Some boys with Klinefelter syndrome have language and learning problems. Klinefelter syndrome adversely affects testicular growth, and this can result in smaller than normal testicles. This can lead to lower production of the sex hormone testosterone. Klinefelter syndrome may also cause reduced muscle mass. I was also diagnosed with very low testosterone and gynecomastia.

When my Doctor described some of the symptoms, I said I have all those.

As a child, I had learning and speech problems. As a young teenager, I was shy and introverted. I had wide hips and rather chubby breasts. And yes, I have very small genitals.

Then I told him about the crossdressing. He asked if that was something that had recently started? I told him I have been doing it since I was 8 or 9. He asked how often and to what degree do I crossdress? When I told him "everyday and all the way", he seemed surprised. I asked if the Klinefelter syndrome caused the crossdressing? He said he wanted to do some research into that.

I also discovered I am susceptible to a few women's diseases like osteoporosis and breast cancer. When my doctor asked if I would be interested in testosterone replacement therapy or breast reduction surgery, I told him no. He said he would recommend that I have a mammogram.

Another appointment next week for a complete physical. Sure sucks getting old.

I must admit im on the fence with this one. Did the disease lead to the dressing or would you have dressed anyway. If you truly enjoy dressing then this is kinda awesome. Wide hips and some boobage. On the other hand, the syndrome sets you between two sexes. Since you didnt ask for testostrone, im gonna assume you are ok with your feminine attributes. Im a little jealous, a little sad nature saddled you with this. Wow, just gonna be honest i dunno how to feel about this .if it were me, i would take milk it for all its worth ( in terms of feminine attributes) . But the testicular thing is rough. I guess if nature deals ya small balls embrace the bigger boobs ? Ok , i gotta think about this one some more. I guess my question would be how do you feel about it? A blessing or curse?

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Beverly, do a google search for Chloe Prince. She transitioned after she was diagnosed with Klinefelter's, and I seem to remember that she lives in northeast Ohio. I don't know if she is a member here, but she runs a site called Pink Essence. I am certain she'd be happy to talk to you.

I don't have Ks But it does suck getting old.
    Angie

Hope. LOL at your small balls comment. When life gives you lemons make lemon aid!. Good Q about dressing? I think that's a subject my doctor is checking. I seemed to know more about crossdressing issues than he did.

Allison I will research that.

Angie; Yes it does!
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-25-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

A long time ago, my wife and I had some trouble making babies. After checking out my wife, I got to do a chromosome analysis and got a very strange result. Apparently, they take 50 samples for analysis. Out of the 50, 48 were XY and 2 were XXY. The never taught me that in biology class. So I guess that makes me only 96% male. BTW, I have none of the symptoms, and I have fathered 1 child.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It's funny what our perspective on life can result in.

Let's say a doctor were to describe a medication or condition that might result in breast enlargement. Most men would be backing up and making the sign of the cross. We'd be sitting there and saying "Hey, that sounds pretty good, tell me more!"

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi,

There are many differences all so that do not show up as has been said here, being intersexed for my self has advantages and dis advantages all i do is work around to find a way to make my dis advantages work for myself , if not i side step them as i,v had to for most of my life ,

learning skills and Dyslexca is a major one for myself being introverted is interesting to me and self esteem issues ,

have a look up about us who are intersexed and whats said quite interesting ,

...noeleena...

Many doctors acknowledge that mammograms are more dangerous than helpful. Thermograms are completely safe and possibly better at finding cancer etc.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Getting old may be a bitch, but it's better than the alternative!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Well an advantage of being a CD is that the diagnosis is not all bad!

Yes, I enjoy my feminine attributes. There is a picture of me in the files that shows my girly figure. Seems the older I get the harder it is to maintain. As for the small genitals, I kinda think that's the reason my wife left me. (about the size of my little finger and two dimes), but sometimes I wish they weren't there at all... She was my first and only. The first few times we had sex, (at 17) I couldn't get hard. I soon realized I had no interest in sex which is a symptom of Klinfelters syndrome. I never knew I was abnormal until I was made to shower in 7th grade gym class. I was picked on so much, I quit school during the 9th grade.

Another odd thing. In my family, I am the only male in a long line of females. My grandmother had three daughters. My two aunts each had three daughters. My mother had two daughters and me. My oldest sister has 3 daughters, My other sister has two daughters. I have no male cousins nor any nephews. (I do have 3 great nephews)

First, if you were born between 1940 and 1971 i would strongly suggest that you google "DES Exposure", "DES Sons" and other related sites both in and out of the U.S, Australia has some good site; prenatal exposure to that drug is a major factor in Kleinfelters and also other gender disorders. It is possible that it could be Kleinfelters or could be a mosaic which can be more difficult to handle. You really need good testing and a Dr. very knowing to get to the root.
    Testosterone is the usual treatment unless you are in the 1% where you may be resistent to Testosteron then there are others, like estrogen but most important is to check for silent osteoporosis which can disable you; in any event hormone therapy can prevent it and in some cases reverse it.
    I would ask your Dr. for a bone scan.
    I do not care to get into trouble posting too much but feel free to message me if you have any specific questions. The good point is it will not shorten you life but it must be managed.
    Good Luck and my prayers are with you.

Reality Check
    We are all subject to "woman's diseases" like osteoporosis and breast cancer. It's just that males are at a lower risk. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and have been shrinking in height. I'm down to 5' 8" from 5' 11" in my twenties. I was taking medicine for it but the possible side effects seem to be worse than the condition. I used to get regular bone scans.

I was 5' 11" in my younger days. Now 5' 9"

Banned Read only
    I transitioned 35 years ago and had GRS 25 years ago. At that time they knew what Klinefelters syndrome was but there was no way to test for it so I was never tested. Recently I have been having unexplained weight loss. In the process of trying to discover what is going on, they drew enough blood to feed an army of vampires for a year. Yesterday I got a call from a doctor at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He explained his department had been assigned the task of screening my blood for anything unusual. As a part of that, they did genetic screening. Do you know you have Klinefelters syndrom? I couldn't help but laugh. It's a little late to discover that I think. It does explain a few things though and I went on to tell him about my transition.
    Last edited by Jorja; 08-26-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks Jorja;
    My Doctor seems a little confused by some of my comments. He is somewhat religious and old fashioned. I am happy with boobs, hips and female traits. The best part is I have no male pattern baldness.