Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hardest part about CDing......

Time first and foremost. Work nights, wife works days. This is so we can watch our son grow and the fact I don't want him in daycare. Anyone with kids knows that naptime is a relative term and not an actually length of time. Keep legs shaved and nails painted more now and wife does allow a little girl time for me now and then.
    Shopping is a close second. Shop in stores at christmas time as I can just say I am looking for a gift for wife or sister. Shop mostly online otherwise. Did buy some panties with my son (10 mos) but I felt like I was using him for my own protection. Bad Dad!

The biggest problems I have are shopping in the women's section alone and a different one where I find it hard to find anyone like us nearby. I really wish it was easier for me to not care what I was shopping for at a store but feeling that shame is hard to overcome when i'm by myself. If I had friends nearby that encouraged/supported me, I'm sure I'd feel less ashamed of what I love to do.

1. Your still in the closet but desperately need out? Not really in closet, but have a few friends and wife who know.
    2. You have a DADT relationships? I do, the poor gurls
    3. You have a totally un-accepting wife/SO? No
    4. You just have no time to dress? So much to do so little time...
    5. You just can't get past all your fears? Doing better with my councilor..
    6. You can't get past the front door and out and about? I have been out to the club?
    7. You get past the door but can't seem to again? N/A
    8. You just can't browse the women's section alone? Bingo thank goodness for ebay
    9. You can't find the perfect heels or in your size? I have lucked out
    10. You want to shave but can't..N/A
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

For me it's not being able to dress as much as I'd like. My wife knows about my dressing but prefers not to see it. I call it our out of sight out of mind.

She works nights and. Gets home about 1030.

This leaves me a few hours a couple times a week. After showering, shaving and fixing my make up, this doesn't leave me much time for Jackie.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    The hardest part about CDing for me has to be that I -- so far -- have not met other CDers locally. It would be nice, as I'd like to be able to have a gurls night out from time to time and work towards developing a supportive CD community. Book club? Weekly wine and dine?? Movie night???

Please don't misread this, BTW -- having access to an online community (here) has been GREAT and I am so thankful to be able to meet and become friends with you all! But I'm old fashioned in that I need actual human interaction from time to time, lol.

xox
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post

1. Your still in the closet but desperately need out
    3. You have a totally unaccepting wife/SO
    4. You just have no time to dress
    5. You just can't get past all your fears
    10. You want to shave but can't...

Fears is the big one for me. A close second is a wife that would create a hell storm if she ever found out.

So I learned how not to feel and try to not feel at all. Helps quench the urge but never solves the problems.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

The hardest part for me is shopping and trying to be discreet while not really knowing what would fit best on me since I'm new to this.

Banned Read only
    When our daughter lived in the mid west my wife visited her each fall for seven to ten days. I have ample time during the day when my wife works to be en femme for seven hours each day. But...I really miss her trips out of town. I had the opportunity to hang my dresses in the walk-in closet; toss my male undergarments in a box and replace them with bras and panties in my dresser; hang my favorite slips on the hangers with my dresses; and line my shoes up at the foot of the bed. It was great to be en femme 24/7. I was able to turn the porch lights off and slip into my car for a drive to a residential neighborhood miles away for a leisurely evening stroll. I am looking forward to the winter. My wife's cousin is relocating to the southwest at the end of December. She is driving with her. I hope to be able to spend at least a week with 24/7 femme time.

Yes to many of your questions. I shave several places, because it looks, better. Although the snow hasn't fallen, today I felt like shaving my legs. I will see if I can get by in the next few months without anybody noticing. Wigs---never had one. Forms---ditto. But I would like to see have I look with both.

i can't find heels in my size i wear a shoe size 13us men

Aspiring Member
    For me my size and shape makes it difficult to CD. Wide shoulders, my height and big feet don't always fit into the cloths I would like to wear.

For me, Makeup.
    and Makeup.
    Oh and then theres makeup.

I myself I can go shopping for clothes without to much problem still nervous though. wish the wife was more accepting at least she calls when she is on her way home from work. Just wish I could shave all this dam hair off so I could finish this look I want hard to do with a mustache It would be a fight if I shaved it.
    I do have the wigs and forms.
    Nails are fun spend to much on them though for a weekend of enjoyment when shes gone.
    Hard to get all of the glue off lol
    Tried to glue on the forms here couple of weeks ago (warning put drinks down and swallow first before going further)) felt good but a mess trying to get off with all the hair and yes it was all stuck together lol
    shoes do fit I have small feet size 8 1/2 10 womens shoes
    can' go out all dressed except for halloween dam

Leann
    Last edited by LeannS; 09-01-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Jane View Post
    Shop in stores at christmas time as I can just say I am looking for a gift for wife or sister. Shop mostly online otherwise.
    This is the best time to try and shake a few fears when it comes to shopping. Though your using an excuse to actually wander the racks if you pay attention, no one is really watching you. I am so happy I am past all of this, since your SO knows, maybe you should have a few shopping trips with her and you both can get some nice things and look together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    I really wish it was easier for me to not care what I was shopping for at a store but feeling that shame is hard to overcome when i'm by myself. If I had friends nearby that encouraged/supported me, I'm sure I'd feel less ashamed of what I love to do.
    I think this is one of the many stages alot of us go through or have gone through. In time, when you accept yourself for who you are, it won't matter if anyone is with you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    The hardest part about CDing for me has to be that I -- so far -- have not met other CDers locally.
    I agree with you. Before the net, we all thought we were alone. You might want to look online and see if there are any groups near you. They may not be local persay BUT, for me, traveling a bit out to one would be easier than finding a group right on the next block.

LeannS Good news, Halloween is right around the corner I don't go out right on the date but up to a week before hand. If seen, it's the go to excuse but that hasn't happened yet.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Honestly? My hardest CDing decisions occur at odd times. I go out "dressed" [WRONG according to most here] at least once a week if not twice to normally two or three different stores at a crack, and sometimes 4.

To tuck or not to tuck? I am almost always wearing either some flavor of "Hawiian" shirt or a Tshirt. So, depending on the shorts and the size/length of the shirt tail, it can be a monumental decsion, whether I tuck my shirt in or just leave it out.

Life ain't easy being a CDer but as I live [and will die] by the KISS principle it's not that complicated for me.

I just wish I had not lost/misplaced my copy of THE Crossdressers Handbook they gave me when I joined this site.

So... I will just have to keep on winging it to the best of my ability.

# 8, Wanting to shop and look and feel all the pretty and shoes. I want a pair to call my own . Some thing crazy red and 6 in heals.Could I walk in these I have no clue.

Hmmm.... for me it is basically that it is difficult to be in such a minority. Even if the entire world was completely accepting, we still would have so few people that we can truly connect with and relate to about it.

That most people are wired in such a way that even with acceptance, they will still find it difficult and awkward. Women generally will not find it appealing and likely seek out those who do not cd's long before those that do.

Lastly of course is society being strongly against the idea of it and basic beliefs that we are deeply flawed people and a failure of our born gender.

For me its a number of things.

The fear of getting caught by others besides my SO prevent me from ever going out in public.

I read some others and can see I have one great thing going for me.

My SO and I are about the same size both about a size 10. We actually wear the same size shoes so I get tons of hand me downs from her. I don't get to dress as much because of a busy life. (We are getting married next week) So I guess one thing I have to deal with is when I get a chance to dress I have a hard time picking what to wear. I am certainly not complaining its a good problem to have but staring at the closet in the spare room for 20 minutes can get a bit annoying.

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    The hardest thing for me is seeing and feeling the pain of those closest to you who don't understand crossdressing.

For me there are several.

Getting caught, by the wrong people.
    Not having a body that can easily look like a woman, big shoulders, feet, hands and face.
    Not having like minded people near me to share this with.
    Not being able to dress more often and go out dressed. To be honest, I would prefer to dress every day but that is not possible.
    Being lonely and wanting to buy more things.

A few to be going on with. Lucy Lou. xx

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAnderson View Post
    The hardest thing for me is seeing and feeling the pain of those closest to you who don't understand crossdressing.
    Yes I would have to agree with you. My soon to be ex wife is leaving me because she can't understand it. It sucks and it is hard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charlenesomeone View Post
    For me, Makeup.
    and Makeup.
    Oh and then theres makeup.
    When dressing this is my hardest task!!!